Dongho is NOT Scary

Nanny'EST {DISCONTINUED please look @ "About Me" in profile for further info}

Dongho was just a bit jealous that the kids seemed to be doing fine as long as they weren't part of his class. He spared a look to Minki's Bunny Class where the kids seemed to easily get along with each other and were basically clinging onto him as they played in the sand box. The blond seemed quite content with how things were going but was being a bit of a tsundere in denial as he tried to hold himself from cooing over how adorable the children were. A glance to Minhyun's Fox Class (as Minki had decided for him instead and Minhyun reluctantly agreed) was quite peaceful as they were inside the nap time room as he read them a bed time story. He obviously took this job well as he already had a mother-like atmosphere to him as he was gentle but nagged every now and then. A final glance to Jonghyun's Onibugi Class and he was helping the children that he was assigned to stick their newly made name tags on properly to their shirts. Jonghyun had an easy time too since he was always entrusted by the adults with the responsibility of looking over them like a leader ever since they were little.

So why was it that the kids of his Tiger Class ignored him?

"It's 'cause you look scary!" so Dongho remembered Minki telling him that once when they were in middle school and he was insecure as no one was willing to approach him. This 'memory' faded away when he suddenly realized that the blond literally just shouted that across the playground at him.

"Shouldn't you be a good influence for the kids?!" Dongho yelled back.

"Leave our Minki alone!" a kid, Yongjin, pouted as he hugged the blond, who looked taken aback.

"Yeah, you bandit!" another kid, Jihoon, stuck his tongue out.

Obviously they were just naive children, but Dongho couldn't help but still feel very hurt on the inside- he did only have a fluffy marshmallow heart after all. He pouted as he tried to think of other reasons as to why the children avoided him before looking up and meeting gazes with an innocently wandering Daehwi, who frozen stiff before being on the verge of crying. Dongho was about to console the poor kid before Daehwi ran away from him over to Minki and clung onto one of his slim legs.

"Yah what did you do to this poor kid?!" Minki immediately yelled.

"What I didn't do anything!" Dongho defended.

"Yes because if you didn't do anything then obviously he wouldn't be crying," Minki rolls his eyes.

"Wha-?! Aw come on Minki-yah!" Eventually Jonghyun noticed and piped up, "What's wrong over there?" he raised his voice a bit so that they were able to hear him from across the playground. Minhyun, on the other hand, closed the door, but you really couldn't blame him there since his class was on naptime.

"He made Daehwi cry!" Minki tattle-taled pointed his finger at Dongho, who obviously continued to defend, "I didn't do anything though!"

"Yeah you did!"

"No I didn't!"

"Yeah you did!"

"No I didn't! Jonghyun saw that I didn't right?!"

"Well-"

"Shut up." Minki snapped at Jonghyun quickly ending the argument before picking up Daehwi and speaking softly to the sniffling boy before heading inside to probably go get the child a snack. The Bunny Class quickly followed after their carer, leaving Jonghyun and Dongho to share the thought of 'seriously why are none of the kids afraid of Minki's sass power?' Still, Dongho pouted as it seemed like his class was completely fine without his assistance.


"Wow, you've really outdone yourself, mom," so was Minki's first comment after putting on his pastel pink apron where a cute bunny mascot was sewn onto the center of it. Minhyun looked proud after the compliment as he wore his green apron with a cute fox mascot. Jonghyun was still putting on his blue apron with a cute onibugi at the center whereas Dongho was staring glumly at his yellow apron with a cute tiger mascot at the center. Even while the oldest (by slightly) was putting on his apron, he noticed his expression, asking, "What's wrong, Dongho-yah?"

"Nothing... just thinking that all the kids hate me..." Dongho murmured, the atmosphere growing sad really quick.

Minhyun gives a comforting pat on his shoulder, "Aw, the kids don't hate you," the mom was forced to admit though with a quick and quiet voice that, "They are afraid of you though..."

"They are scared of me..." the atmosphere was even sadder than before, "Ahh maybe I should quit now..."

"AH WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP?!"

Dongho was then blinded by his apron before his apron was forced onto him by Minki, who looked quite bothered. The blond then proceeded to complain switching between a Seoul accent and a Busan accent while straightening the strings of Dongho's apron, "Aisht you stupid marshmallow-of-a-tiger you should realize by now that my sass shouldn't be taken by heart because that's just how I am like do you even realize that I said that to tell you to stop puttin' on a stupid stoic face and smile like you usually do?! I swear I would slap you right now if you weren't a marshmallow that takes everythin' too seriously I mean you even took my kids seriously but you should realize by now that they're just kids and pick up on whatever you do! Why are you so tense in the first place?! Will you just relax and smile for the kids?!"

"O-Okay I get- OW you're tying the apron too tightly!" the blond was really tying his apron on tightly without mercy.

"Quit yer whining and get your out there!" yeah Minki did say that he wouldn't slap him but he didn't necessarily say that he won't give him a kick to step out of their office and into the playroom that was empty at the moment.

Dongho rubbed his back after stumbling from the kick, looking back at a pouting Minki, a Minhyun who was trying to comfort the blond, and Jonghyun who just gives him a shrug before giving a thumbs up for reassurance. He lets out a small sigh, trying to relax for a smile to go out...

And there's a fight?

To say that he was "dumbfounded" is an understatement as he stared in confusion as to how his group of kids were all screaming at each other while Guanlin was crying. Dongho quickly moves over to Guanlin, worried that the kid injured himself as he kneels down to the sniffling boy, "Hey are you okay? What happened?" The boy didn't say anything and instead hugged Dongho, surprising the latter but he quickly recovered as he picked up the kid who clung on tightly.

What's happening here? he feels a slight tug on his pants, looking down to see Yongguk and Sewoon looking up at him.

"Um- can any of you guys tell me what happened?" he asked.

"Haknyeonie took Guanlinie's lunchbox," Sewoon said, Yongguk nodding in agreement as he clung onto his black cat plushie

That's why everyone's screaming at each other(?) Dongho stands up, still holding the sniffling Guanlin comfortably, before walking over to Haknyeon, who was on the verge of crying as it seemed like he was hiding something in his shirt with a lunch box behind his back. The boy seemed more wary when he saw Dongho, the latter trying to talk softly, "Haknyeon-ah, is it true that you took Guanlin-ah's lunchbox?"

When the kids started screaming again, he had to send them a quick warning glare to them so that they kept silent before looking back at Haknyeon, who looked more guilty than before.

'Will you just relax and smile for the kids?!' he kept Minki's word in mind (and was quite sure that the blond wasn't shouting it across the playground this time), relaxing with a smile, "It's okay, you can tell me the truth."

The tactic worked, evident from Haknyeon relaxing too. The boy murmurs in a slight Jeju accent, "Seungkwan is hungry..."

"'Seungkwan'?" somewhere in his mind the name was familiar along with some sass somewhere around there but he ignored that feeling.

There was some shuffling in the boy's jacket before an adorable piglet popped out from the collar of his jacket. Haknyeon then tried to defend himself, "I-I asked Guanlinie but he didn't answer me and Seungkwan was really hungry s-so..." he pouts at the end. Dongho blinked, looking at the boy who was obviously hurt, before Yongguk spoke up, "Guanlinie speaks Chinese."

Everyone blinked at the boy.

"Excuse me?"

"He's Taiwanese."

Thanks Yongguk... he awkwardly laughed, wondering if the boy will ever speak more than three words. Dongho looks at Haknyeon before ruffling his hair slightly, "Does that clear up the situation now? He didn't understand you, so you should've asked again or tried to point at it to tell something without actually talking. I understand that you're trying to look out for Seungkwan but asking is always important. Also you shouldn't bring your pets since pets aren't actually allowed here," Dongho carefully lets go of Guanlin, who obviously still wants to cling on, before pushing him slightly towards Haknyeon. "You should say you're sorry to Guanlin-ah and give him back his lunchbox now, Haknyeon-ah."

Haknyeon fidgets before holding the lunchbox out and saying, "I'm sorry, Guanlinie." The Taiwanese boy only looks at him in confusion before Yongguk stepped in to translate (probably only saying a three word sentence again) and he blinks before asking, a conversation happening between the two before Guanlin looks back and smiles. He takes his lunchbox back but he opens it to give a piece of his sandwich to Haknyeon, who immediately lights up and thanks the boy.

The daycare worker of the Tiger Class smiles, happy that everything is at peace again before noticing that someone walked up to him, looking down to see Daehwi there.

"Um... I'm sorry, Mr. Dongho... it's just that you looked scary... but you're a nice person..." he offers a shy smile, to which Dongho could only beam back at him.

~Somewhere in the playground~

"Jeez Minki-yah you really are a tsundere."

"Shush Jonghyun-ah I don't get your manhwa references!"