Where in the picture

Where in the picture
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

At times, Hyoyeon looks at those eight girls and wonders where she fits in the picture.

Girls' Generation; dubbed as the Nine Goddesses by their fans and Nation's Girlgroup by Korea.

Their reason for success? Simple, actually. Good songs, stunning visuals, and as-sweet-as-sugar personalities. And talent. Heaps loads of talent.

Seven years in the tight-knit group and Hyoyeon, a little guiltily, still finds herself thinking where in all that glory of Girls' Generation did she come in.

Sure, she knows she has the moves that none of the others possess, but is a popping, locking, powerful dancer really that necessary? Hyoyeon remembers how her dancing didn't really help her much. Her solo dance break in Into The New World was widely complimented, as were her skills acknowledged but none of that really help her popularity-wise, did they? All that sweat and bruises and sleepless nights and still nothing. In a more criticising view, Yuri was enough. Yuri was enough for them, they didn't need a Hyoyeon.

And singing? Psh, Hyoyeon is aware of her skills, or rather lack there of. There's Taeyeon and Jessica and Tiffany and Seohyun. Four powerhouses along with stable Soonkyu and continuously improving Sooyoung, Yuri and Yoona. Hyoyeon didn't have a stunning voice. Heck, even the tone of her voice alone didn't fit Korea's likings. Her voice, unlike the others' feminine ones, rang at a lower note with a bit of huskiness and rawness mixed into it. Yes, she could sing higher if she wanted, but it just isn't the same.

Looks. The days when stylists used to put her in the most hideous clothes they could find in SM and the most ridiculous hairdoes still haunted her. Hyoyeon could never really understand why they did that, and only to her. "It's so that you'll stand out, Hyoyeon." Stylist Noona used to tell her and Hyoyeon would just close and it up. They were making her stand out- too much she might add and in the wrong way. The fact that she didn't have Yoona's doe eyes and Sooyoung's long, slim legs or even half of Soonkyu's aegyo didn't help at all.
Her transformation to blonde hair and softer looking brows did help a little, but Hyoyeon just couldn't unsee what she had been. Among those eight pretty girls, Hyoyeon can't see how she supposedly fits.

"Hyoyeon ah, why are you still zoning out?" Hyoyeon recognises the light tinkle of Soonkyu's giggle. She snaps out of her daze. "C'mon, we're on in fifteen."

She feels Soonkyu's hand slip into her cold ones and pull her up onto her feet. Hyoyeon relishes in the other girl's warmth. Mutely, she lets the older lead her out of the waiting room. Sooyoung is standing just outside with a camera. Her eyes light up when she sees the two and swings her camera round to face them.

"Everyone, her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter