One

Untitled 2014
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2014

 

 

‘JESUS! Dara! Can’t you just shut up?! Can’t you see how busy I am right now?!’ Jiyong angrily snarled at her.

 

He crumpled the music sheet he’s been working for the last five hours and tossed it away. Nothing seems to be right. He is so distracted with everything. He can’t even think straight. He can’t concentrate at all. The pressure on his shoulder is so high that he’s already drowning. And now, Dara suddenly barge in his studio when she knew so well that he is currently working his because YG is keeping tabs from him.

 

Dara was lost for words. Jiyong never raised his voice on her. NEVER.

 

‘What ha- happened to you Jiyong?’ she quietly asked. ‘What happened to us?’

 

Dara suppress her sobs. She won’t cry again. She is tired of crying with the same reason all over again. She’s having nightmares even though she is wide awake. She felt her whole body went numb as soon as she saw Jiyong and Kiko’s photos and then all of a sudden, it’s all over the news.

 

All this time she was feeling a little uneasy and uncomfortable because of the closeness and the attention his giving him to her, but because she trust Jiyong so much, she just shrugged it off. She met Kiko twice and the girl was so nice and kind to her. She can feel she’s trying her best to befriend with her but due to language barrier, all they can have are simple ‘Hi’ and ‘Hello’ whenever they see each other.

 

‘Cut the crap Dara! Spare me the drama please?!’ Jiyong groaned irritatedly. ‘I have so many things to do right now and you, your presence here is not helping me at all’ he run his palm on his face.

 

He got up from his seat and slumped his body tired body on the sofa across Dara who stood still. Jiyong shut his eyes tightly and massages his temple. His head-splitting hangover makes things even more worst. He swore he would stay away from alcoholic drinks for the mean time.

 

‘You have so many things to do yet you find time to see Kiko last night’ Dara mocked him.

 

He glared at her.

 

‘Is that it? Is that the reason why you are here right? How many times do I have to tell you that there’s nothing going between us?! Why are you so being annoying Dara?’

 

‘Really Jiyong? Do you even hear yourself? Do you think I’ll still believe in your lies? Everything is lie Jiyong! Everything. I tried to convince myself that I have nothing to worry about, that she’s just your friend. That she’s like Chaerin to you. But no Jiyong she is not. You know she’s not!’

 

She couldn’t take it anymore. She needed to let things off her chest.

 

Dara angrily threw the photos to Jiyong that was sent to her personally.

 

Whoever it is, whether he or she have the best intention for her for sending her those photos, one thing is for sure, it just confirmed all those undying rumor about him and Kiko. It broke her into million pieces but what keeps her even more broken is the way how Jiyong handles the situation, how he handle this in front of her.

 

His throat suddenly went dry. Scenes from last night flashed right before his eyes. Jiyong cursed silently. How can he be so careless? He was sure nobody was there. Few from his new ‘squad’ and Kiko and that’s all. He scanned the pictures one by one. Guilt starts to eat him up.

 

Clearly, he cheated on her. It was seen all over his face.

 

He tried to swallow the large lump on his throat.

 

‘Why Jiyong?’

 

This is the question that Jiyong too could not answer himself.

 

‘It was just a misunderstanding’ He swallowed hard. ‘It means nothing Dara’ he continued defensively raising his voice even more.

 

‘Nothing?! This means nothing to you? Who are you kidding?’ Dara’s voice is hiking up.

 

‘Why do you keep on insisting that the two of us are sneaking behind your back Dara? Why do you keep on pushing me to her? Is that what you want huh?! Is that what you want me to do?!’ Jiyong angrily fired back.

 

He is so mad right now. Mad at himself but he cannot let Dara see it. It’s all his fault but he’s just too proud to admit it.

 

‘Because it’s the god damn truth!’ Dara shouted

 

He wanted to end their conversation now. He doesn’t want to hear whatever Dara’s going to say. He doesn’t want to admit that she is right. That she was right the whole time. Everything happened so fast. He needs to be alone. He is confused. Everything is complicated now. He can’t even think straight. Everything is a mess.

 

‘Don’t test my patience Dara. I am so close on losing my temper right now’ Jiyong warned.

 

‘Losing your temper? What about me Ji?! What about my feelings? I am in the verge of losing my sanity beca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter