THREE

Healing Scars
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

THREE

 

“Boss.”

 

The look on the Joker's face was enough to scare the living hell out of the two guards. His eyes were dark and fixed on the two guards, boring fiercely into their eyes. "Do you guys have something to tell me?" His voice was low and threatening. Anyone could tell that he was mad, absurdly mad.

 

"W-we.. we lost him, boss."

 

"WHAT?!!" the Joker raged, his voice harsh and loud. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU LOST HIM?!"

 

The two guards slightly winced, their face showing fear. "We've searched everywhere boss! He wasn't there!" One of the guards tried to reason. Though they know it wouldn't get them anywhere. There's no way the Joker would let them loose especially after losing the Joker's favorite pet.

 

"YOU ING USELESS!! DIDN'T I TELL YOU GUYS TO KEEP A CLOSE LOOK AT HIM?!"

 

They stayed silent, in fear of the Joker.

 

"WELL NOW WHAT ARE YOU GUYS STILL DOING HERE?! GO LOOK FOR HIM!" the Joker snapped.

 

"Y-yes boss."

 

"Now listen, don't you two even think of living if you don't find the boy and bring him back to me."

 

"Y-yes boss, we understood."

 

 

Jinae finished up her noodles and placed the pot in the sink before washing them. She scrubbed it off clean and placed the utensils neatly to dry. Spotting the plastic wrapper from the ramen laying on the sink, she then grabbed it and threw it into the trash when she realized that it’s already full. Time to do some chores I guess.

 

Since she lives in a flat, she heads down the stairs of the building and exited the main door. There was a slight breeze when she exited the front door and she could feel her body shivers a little. Rubbing her elbow with her free arm to achieve some warmth, she walked up to the alley beside the building where there placed a big trash bin. As she went closer and opened the lid, dumping the plastic bag inside, that is when she realized a pair of legs peeking out beside the trash bin. Is that a person?

 

She panicked and looked around the neighborhood. There was no one, it was night time and it was empty. Completely still and empty that it scares her a little. Why is there someone here? Mustering up her courage, she took a peek at the figure laid beside the trash bin to realize that it was a boy, not much older than her and what made her panicked even more was that he was unconscious.

 

She glanced around again, this time timidly.

 

, what do I do??

 

She contemplated for a while if she should let the figure lay there untouched or should she bring him back to her flat. She furrowed her eyebrows and looked closer at the boy. He was wounded. tt… There's no way I should just leave him out here to die right?

 

At last Jinae decided to carry him back to her flat thinking that it was the best decision at that moment. Groaning, she had a hard time keeping up with his heavy figure and literally dragged him up the stairs until finally, they reached her front door. She slips in her key and unlocked the door, before carrying the boy inside the house and placed him on the couch. 

 

With another heave of a sigh, completely exhausted, she too sat down to calm her breath. Once she did, everything was silent, only her faint breathing echoed throughout the flat. And that made her realized...

 

Oh k, I just brought an unknown man into my house and now what???? What if he’s a killer??

 

But the look on his face as he was asleep made her felt something, she didn’t know what. It was as if this boy here was currently having the best sleep of his life. He had his eyelids closed lightly and his soft snores rang across the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter