Final

Farewell

Jinsol believes that in some way or another, an angel was born in the form of Jeno.

And so maybe it was time for him to go back.

Or at least that’s what Jinsol tells herself.

 

Jinsol doesn’t remember much about what happened after she heard the news. She knew there was a piercing silence in the hallway outside the emergency room that went right through her heart and mind. She remembers watching the love of her life get pushed out of the room in front of her eyes. She remembers letting one tear flow down her cheek and nothing more than that. She doesn’t remember how her lips bled from biting down on it so hard. She doesn’t remember how she went home and smashed all of her photoframes. She doesn’t remember how she couldn’t feel her heartbeat in that moment.

The door opened and Jinsol could hear unfamiliar footsteps but refused to take her blanket off anyway. The silence was only broken after a few awkward coughs. Jinsol recognised that.

“I found this while packing Jeno’s room… Your name is on it so I thought I’ll drop by and give it to you. I’ll take my leave now.” The doorknob clicked.

 

Jinsol ripped open whatever his sister just left on her table and read what was written on top of the box.

To. Jinsol ♡

Inside the box was a bottle of folded stars attached to a label that read:

For every time you feel down or when you miss me too much, unfold a star.

By then, Jinsol was trembling with tears and took out one star to unfold. Then another. And another.

The last star was the only golden one, right at the bottom of the bottle. Jinsol unfolded it, expecting another sappy love message from him but it only drove her to insanity.

“Hey Lee Jinsol. Sol. Soul. I love you with my heart and soul. Anyway I wish you would never read this because that means you’ve been sad 27 times. That’s way too many times!!! CALL ME RIGHT NOW. We need to talk and I need to hug you. I’ll buy you ice cream and more plushies okay please just call me and I’ll be by your side right now. I’ll even fly over because I love you. Call me!!!”

 

Oh Lee Jeno, no need to fly over. I’ll go to you.

Jinsol smiled slightly as she made her way to the balcony.

It took one step for Jinsol to enter the world of eternity.

 

 

 

 

 

Till death do us part...