One

Farewell

You're my kind of perfection I know I won't find in anyone else;

You're the missing puzzle piece to my broken heart.

 

Tick tock

Tick tock.

 

Jinsol let out a soft groan.

 

Tick tock.

 

Every second in this world feels like hell.

 

Tick tock

Tick tock

Tick tock.

 

Tick

......

The last second ended.

 

Finally?

 

Jinsol could only wish.

 

 

Sometimes, home is not just a residence for people to simply live in, not made up of just four walls;

Sometimes, home can be a pair of arms that never fails to feel so warm and safe;

Sometimes, home can be another person.

 

And that is exactly what Lee Jeno is to Jinsol. He is everything she ever wanted, he's everything she needs to survive in this cruel world. He is home; but homes can get destroyed too.

Everything happened so abruptly - Jinsol never felt more homesick.


 

Waking up with the biggest smile plastered on her face, Jinsol sprung out of bed eagerly and was ready to leave the house within a short span of 30 minutes, breaking her past record. Looking at herself in the mirror one last time, she bit back a shy smile as she felt herself get giddy with excitememt.

Today would be her first official date with her official boyfriend, that cute boy who lives just across the street and the biggest heartbreaker back in middle school; the boy who owns the sweetest (eye)smile according to Jinsol, Lee Jeno.

Jinsol was a tad too early because she didn't want to ruin her first date with the boy she had a crush on for the longest time. And surprise! Jeno was equally early and worried about ruining his first date with the girl he had a crush on for the longest time. This coincidence made their first date more memorable than expected. Happily, they had their first date on the 21st of February, 2015; doing nothing else but going in circles around the ice rink while screaming whenever either loses balance.

"Lee Je- NO!!!!!!" Jinsol screeched a pitch so high she never knew she could reach when Jeno released her from his hold and left her alone to skate. As a frequent visitor to the ice rink therefore also an experienced skater, Jeno could glide and move around easily, unlike Jinsol who just registered for her pass to enter the ice rink. She was dead terrified of moving a limb the moment she entered and just held onto the railing and screamed alarmingly whenever she tried to inch forward. Jeno could only try his best to suppress a smile and not look like an idiot as he approached her and gently tugged at her thick jacket and offered his hand for her to hold. An invisible awkward wall was still present between them and it's no surprise, considering how this was only their first date. They were both aware of it, and were both determined to break it down together. Slowly, she accepted his hand and let herself get pulled by him. Without letting go of her hand, Jeno guided her to the middle of the ice rink successfully without getting any loud screams from her.

"It's okay, I'm here," Jeno's breath lightly fanned Jinsol's face and she felt herself flush red after realizing the distance between them. His face was only inches away from hers and his soft smile was melting her. Jeno and Jinsol locked gazes with each other and in that moment, she swears it felt like eternity.

Jeno had beautiful eyes, the kind you could get lost in, and I guess Jinsol did.

There was a certain sparkle in his eyes, and she couldn't look away. He is everything dreams are made out of, every inch of him is wonderfully made, like the world's most precious gem.

In his eyes, she shees something more beautiful than the stars. And she could stare at them forever.

 

 

The sun shone through the translucent curtains that Jeno always thought was useless because it hardly blocked any light but Jinsol insisted that it was the best choice and made the order without a confirmed approval from him although they promised to choose the order for his room together. Jeno let out a stifled yawn and ruffled his hair, closed his eyes momentarily in hopes of falling asleep again only to jolt up in shock when he could not feel anything for him to pull closer towards his body. He never kicked the blanket away harder and faster before dashing into the living room, only to see a Jinsol with disheveled hair, shrieking at the milk she spilt on her nightgown. Failing to hold back his smile because of how cute the sight was to him, the corner of Jeno's lips lifted up as he let out a soft sigh, feeling so, so unbelievably in love with her. Jinsol looked up embarrassingly and let out an 'oops' and got off the couch to clean herself up only to be greeted with the tightest good-morning-i-love-you-so-much hug, (Not that she's complaining, though. Never.) followed by being showered with a thousand kisses everywhere on her face, before Jeno pressed the softest kiss on her lips while cupping her face so carefully, as if he would lose her once he lets go.

 

 

Who expected it to really happen?

Because that was the last time anyone saw Jeno's smile. On the morning of November 19, 2019.