Infatuation

To Feel (From Mirth to Misery)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You’re just infatuated, Jiyong-ah. It’s a passing crush. Don’t make things complicated.”

Jiyong tousles his hair and leans in closer to his best friend seated beside him, never taking his eyes off Seungri who is immersed in his rehearsal for his duet stage of Next Day with Daesung in front of them. “It’s not, Youngbae-yah. You don’t know how I feel.”

“I’m sure you do care for maknae, like we all care for him. But to think that it’s a lot more than that…” Youngbae’s voice is a brew of seriousness and concern. “Have you really given this a lot of thought?”

Jiyong appreciates his worrying, but his resolve doesn’t waver. “It’s plagued me for almost a year now. And maybe I was half-aware of it even before that. It’s not very temporary.”

Sighing, Youngbae nods as if absorbing the fact.

“Have you thought about what would happen though? What if he doesn’t feel the same for you? Are you going to swallow your feelings and pretend like nothing happened? I don’t want to see your heart break.”

Jiyong’s heart squeezes and he turns to him. “, Bae. I’m in too deep to let this go. There’s nothing else I can do.” He musters a weak smile.

In the silence of Youngbae’s contemplating, Seungri’s sweet voice floats into Jiyong’s ears, swimming straight to his heart, and he directs his focus back to the boy at the piano.

You’re like a severe addiction

Is my head broken?

Is my heart drunk?

Bathed in the soft purple stage lights, his eyes are closed and face is scrunched up in emotion, pouring his heart and soul into the singing. Jiyong’s heartbeat hitches at the beautiful sight. Youngbae voicing his doubts only solidified his certainty in his feelings for Seungri. He’s had crushes before, but nothing can compare to this.

If only I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter