bittersweet

innocent crush

The atmosphere on the car ride was awkward. Both tried their best to act as they normally do but after Taeyong’s confession there was a bit of unsettledness. It was nothing wrong, In fact Winwin knew he had no reason to be acting strange. But because Winwin was acting differently, Taeyong would unconsciously too.

By the time they arrived at the park though, Winwin had completely forgotten. He was too busy admiring the nature he was surrounded by. It was so easy for him to get distracted, it amazed Taeyong. They walked for a while, holding hands as Winwin counted each bird he saw while Taeyong looked at how bright his boyfriend’s face had gotten. He couldn’t help smiling to himself, Winwin’s smile was contagious. It made him happy.

They didn’t speak, instead they enjoyed each other's presence. It was silent besides the occasional “be careful” or "slow down" that would slip out of Taeyong's mouth when the sidewalk was uneven. Or when Winwin sped up his pace because of how excited he was. 

Before it got too late they head over to the ice cream shop right across the park. Taeyong had high expectations since Winwin had been begging to come for a while now.

He glanced at the flavors displayed, after so many similar dates this had became a routine. Taeyong would pick the flavor that seemed most appetizing and Winwin without thinking would pick the same ice cream he always gets. But once they started eating Winwin would unavoidably steal some of Taeyong’s.

Taeyong decides and points at one of the flavors displayed “Winwin-ie, I want that strawberry swirl icecream. Go ahead order for us.” Taeyong says with a smile.
Winwin was shy and surprised by the simple task. Taeyong was the one who usually did all of the talking.

“Oh no, you do it.” 

“Who’s idea was this again?” he teases.

“Taeyong~ please.” Taeyoung must like it when Winwin begs. 

“Ah okay, okay. Don’t worry.” he lets out a light chuckle.

The shop was surprisingly empty, they noticed people walking past it but no one would bother going in. After they payed for their ice cream they decide to sit on a bench they saw when they passed by.

“No one's here, maybe the ice cream .” Taeyong suggested as they walked out.

Winwin walks a little faster out the door. “Hyung, you’re speaking too loud shhhh!”

Once they sit on the bench they realize it wasn’t such a good idea. The sun was directly facing them and it was hard to even open their eyes. Taeyong raises his hand in a certain position to protect Winwin's face from the sun.

“You're welcome, love.” Taeyong said in a raised voice, waiting for a response.

Winwin just looked at him while his ice cream cone. He had other worries. The sun was melting his ice cream so he tried his best to stop it from dripping on his clothing.

“Hyung eat your ice cream it's melting!” Winwin warned when he realized it had almost completely fell off the cone.
Taeyong just stared at his boyfriend and began to pout.

“It's hard for me to eat with one hand, why don't you help me?”

“That's not romantic at all, it's all gonna fall on you.”

“It's romantic if you do it with love, duh.”

Instead of helping Taeyong eat, he steals the cone from his hand and starts it as well.

“I'm helping.”

Taeyong starts smiling, he looks at Winwin as if he was the sun himself. Winwin notices and gets shy at the action.

“Can you stop, youre distracting me.” The younger says, continuing to eat.

“Um no way. You're distracting me.” he snaps back, squinting his eyes to get a better look. 

Winwin decides to not say anything back, and just sticks his tongue out. Taeyong spent this time trying his best to distract him, by making silly faces or winking. Once he finished his own cone, he hands over the half eaten cone to the original owner.

Winwin realizes that they've been out longer than they expected. “We should go… don't want to make your date wait too long.” He says casually.

Taeyong raises one of his eyebrows in response.

“Date? Aren't I happily taken.” Taeyong ruffles Winwin's hair with his clean hand.

“He might be 16 but he's still in love with you.”

“Is my baby jealous?” He says in a cutesy voice.

“Of course not.” He stands up.

“Is that so…." Taeyong finishes the rest of his cone. "Does that mean you're still going with me?” He wouldn't push any more buttons but he thought jealous Winwin was cute.

There was no backing down now. He needed to see with his own eyes if this was all true. He nods and they head over to the car.
---
The tense mood came back on the car ride to Taeil's house.

Winwin turns downs the volume enough that they are able to hear each other over the music. Taeyong reaches for Winwin's hand but comes up empty handed and ends up leaving it on his thigh.

Randomly Winwin begins to speak.

“I didn't know Taeil Hyung had a brother.” He says with no emotion.

Taeyong was unsure how to respond. He had said little brother but that wasn't entirely true. There was no other way to put it simply. 

“Ah yea, actually Chenle was a foreign exchange student. He stayed with Taeil's parents that's how he got close to him. He visits Taeil often now, he's like a little brother to him.”
Taeyong waits for a reaction but is surprised with another question.

“How is Chenle?” Winwin questions.

Taeyong thinks about it. He hadn't been completely honest recently so he decides not to hide anything. Then again he isn't quite sure how to respond without saying the wrong thing.

“Chenle is….. very… cute… and bold.” That was all that came to mind.

There's a sudden pause.

Winwin turns and faces Taeyong, making the cutest pout.

“Am I cuter, hyung?”

Taeyong thought it was more funny than cute, but he goes along with it.

“Yes baby, you are cuter." Too busy focusing on the road. "You're so cute it's distracting... Stop it I might crash.” Taeyong joked.

“Hey stop joking around.” he lightly hits his shoulder.

Taeyong hums in response. He leaves his hand on Winwin's thigh again but now after a few seconds Winwin interlocks their fingers.

"How did you meet him?" he asks curiously. 

This was easy to remember since it had only been a month from their first encounter. "The other day Taeil brought Chenle with him to our dance practice, and he seemed excited about learning to dance. So I decided to teach him." Taeyong takes a deep breath. "He said he wanted to keep in touch and he looked so cute I couldn't reject him but I thought he would ask me questions about dancing not flirt with me." 

After this Winwin doesn't respond, they were only a few minutes from arriving.

"Is that all? We're almost here... Winwin-ie I don't want you to act weird okay? Don't scare him either."

"Hey I'm not scary, I'm cute remember."

"You're right hopefully he doesn't fall in love with you or else I'll get jealous."

---

Winwin didn't know what to expect. Taeyong had already knocked, and Taeil was seconds away from opening the door. 

It had been a long time since he's seen Taeil, so when he appeared in front of them Winwin thought he looked refreshing. 

"Taeyong! Winwin-ie!" He hugs them both, welcoming them inside. 

"It's been so long since you've visited I'm glad you made it Winwin." He gave them a warm smile. 

Taeil let's them in while calling Chenle. "Chenle! Taeyong is here, come out!" 

He pushes Taeyong to the side and asks in a low voice. "You didn't tell me your boyfriend was coming. Chenle has been talking non stop about you... does he know?" Slowly saying the last part.

Winwin, who had heard everything responds. "Hyung I can speak Korean, oh and by the way I'm right here." Standing 2 feet away from the others.

"Yes.. Taeil he knows..." Taeyong responds quietly.

Before anyone could say anything else, Chenle appears in front of them. Taeyong wasn't lying... he really was cute. Winwin wanted to pinch his cheeks and run his fingers through his soft hair. Plus Chenle's adorable outfit with his blonde hair made him seem innocent. But what really caught his attention was how he walked right into Taeyong's arms. 

"Hyung! I missed you~ so so much" he says, completely ignoring the stranger next to them. 

"Has my Chenle been good?" Taeyong asks touching the back of younger's head. 

Winwin and Taeil who were there to witness the entire scene just make eye contact. Even Taeil wasn't sure what to say. 

Taeyong is the first to end the hug. He gestures at Winwin's direction ready to introduce him. "Chenle-ah this is Winwin..." he stops himself. 

Winwin looks at him a bit confused. He wasn't sure why he didn't continue.

"I'm his boyfriend." Winwin finishes his sentence, with the biggest smile. 

Chenle's expression shows it all. He seemed disappointed but wasn't entirely heartbroken. This wasn't news to him afterall but Winwin hoped it meant more now that he was here.

This was a sign for Taeil to move the conversation along. He slightly regretted ever agreeing to this. He wondered how awkward the rest of the night would be.

"We should start the movie now, before it gets too late. Chenle go put the movie on." Chenle does as he's told and heads to the living room. "I'll go get the popcorn." Taeil says lightly. 

Taeyong wraps his arm around his boyfriend's. Showing him the smile that Winwin loved so much. 

"I need to wash my hands.. I'll be back." Winwin states quietly. Taeyong nods and goes over to the couch. 

Winwin was only gone for a few seconds when he came back to Chenle cuddling with his boyfriend. The small couch in front of the tv was completely occupied. On the right was Taeil, on the left was Taeyong and in the middle Chenle was hugging Taeyong's arm. They had left no room for him, it annoyed Winwin. 

When Taeyong noticed Winwin had came back he calls him over. "Babe come here. Hyung move over!" Everyone scoots a little to the right and they leave a tiny space for Winwin. "C'mon, right here with me." Taeyong waits with his right arm open. 

Winwin could never stay mad at Taeyong, because he knew he always tried his best to make him happy. He tries to fit and Taeyong ends up putting his boyfriend's legs on his lap. He liked this... he was super close to Taeyong. Winwin was basically hugging him, the closer he got the more he smelled like him. 

He wasn't sure who had picked the movie, nor did he care. It was an action movie and although it was something he would usually watch he couldn't focus. Taeyong on the other hand had his complete focus on the television; too busy to notice how jealous he was. He turned his head and got a glance of Taeil who was munching on the popcorn. He also noticed  Chenle, that kid hadn't let go of Taeyong's arm the entire night. Winwin wanted to show that Taeyong was his, he just wasn't sure how. 

Winwin finds Taeyong's hand. He's surprised when Taeyong unconsciously starts making circles with his thumb on Winwin's hand. This makes him relax a little, Winwin closes his eyes for a second but opens them again when he feels Taeyong shuffling. 

When he checks to see why Taeyong was moving, he realized Chenle had somehow made Taeyong wrap his arm around his shoulder. Winwin just stared at how he was lightly pinching Chenle's cheek. Taeyong wasn't paying attention to what he was doing; just moving his hand while Chenle smiled along. And in that moment Winwin and Chenle make eye contact. 

Winwin felt as if he had gotten caught, for a split second he panics but finally decides on a small smile. Winwin didn't expect anything in return, but when Chenle stuck his tongue out at him he knew this was no joke. He was going to get payback somehow. Winwin wanted Taeyong's attention but he wasn't sure how he was going to do that with the movie playing. 

For the rest of the movie both boys tried their best to steal Taeyong's affection without completing annoying him. 

Winwin had figured out a plan. He was going to make Taeyong kiss him in front of Chenle, it was easy since they would always kiss. He moved his face close to Taeyong's giving him small kisses on his cheek. Taeyong didn't look away but there was a smile creeping on his face. Winwin gets even closer to his ear and whispers, "Baby, gimme a kiss please." 

He waits for a response and moments later Taeyong whispers in Winwin's ear back. "Shh stop teasing me, you hate it when I kiss you in front of others." And focuses back on the movie. 

He had failed at the simple task. 

But Winwin was feeling desperate. He was going to get that kiss. 'In desperate times, come desperate measures.' Taeyong can't resist me, Winwin thought. 

"Taeyong, I need you... I feel hot" he tried again, but this time sounding sensual. Taeyong froze, was he hearing right. Why was this coming so suddenly. He looked over and Winwin looked embarrassed from what he has just said. Taeyong moved closer whispering to him. "Not here, I'll be yours at home." Giving him a quick kiss. 

Winwin was satisfied. He looked over and Chenle was looking at him, he decides to stick his tongue back. And that's exactly when Taeyong looks over and gets caught in the act. 

"Babe?" Taeyong questions confused. 

The movie had came to an end and Chenle begs Taeyong not leave. Winwin was glad it was time to go, but he started to feel guilty when he saw how sad Chenle had gotten.

"Hyung, please come visit me again." He begs with a visible pout on his face. "I'm leaving this Friday, remember."

Winwin knew that wasn't possible, Taeyong worked during the week. He wouldn't have time to visit him again. The more he saw how Chenle was upset, the worse he felt. It didn't matter if he liked him or not, he had made their last visit horrible. 

"I'll try my best Chenle, just know that hyung loves you and will miss you a lot." Taeyong reminds him, giving him one last hug.

They were on their way to leave when Chenle hugged Winwin. 

Winwin froze and payed close attention to what Chenle told him. "It was nice meeting you, please take good care of Taeyong." It was sweet. He was completely surprised.

This made it official that Winwin was the worst person ever. 

On the way to the car, Winwin takes a hold of Taeyong's hand.

"What did you think? He's sweet right? He's like my cute little brother." Taeyong asks, curious for Winwin's response.

"Yea.... He is sweet." Winwin replies. 

The response makes Taeyong smile. At least it wasn't a complete disaster. He breaks the silence once again. 

"Are you going to explain the whole it's hot thing? Not gonna lie it made me hot." He asks, pretending to fan himself with his free hand. 

"I'll make it up to you....." he says with a mischevious smile. "If you call in sick this week." Winwin offers. 

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad to share his boyfriend just for one day. 

 

 

~~~

i just wanna say I'm sorry that it took so long to update omg these past few days I was having breathing problems to the point that I couldn't focus.... not gonna lie it was hard for me to finish this hahaha... regardless I hope you like the ending! Make sure u read my other fanfic if u want a longer fic also check the foreword for a cute surprise:)