Temperature

Temperature

 

 

"Why are you wearing a sleeveless top Jongup it's freezing!" Youngjae grumbles as he pulls on his beanie and slaps his scarf around his neck, wrapping it multiple times achieving the snow explorer look, even though it's only the start of Autumn and any kind of snow isn't due for a while. He was getting ready to leave for the work dinner Himchan stressed not to be late for, slightly annoyed to see Jongup not properly dressed yet. Last time they were late Himchan and his boyfriend Daehyun were stuck listening to an old lady talk about her cats for 3 hours, Youngjae was sure Daehyun wouldn't have minded probably even started it but Himchan wasn't much of an animal person, well not a person that liked to talk about them for 3 hours anyway. 

Jongup directed a lopsided grin at his cute boyfriend as a response, crossing the room to get closer to the human marshmallow and wrapped him up in warm hug, Youngjae instantly melted into the embrace humming in enjoyment as he nuzzled against Jongups chest. 

"It's because I'm not cold hearted like you, I'm a warm and loving person." 

Jongup joked earning himself a soft hit, he let out a small whine rubbing the spot where he was rudely attacked and sent Youngjae the best wounded puppy look he could manage. The older boy simply rolled his eyes and mumbled, "You're lucky I'm cold right now or even more of you would be getting hit," under his breath. 

Light laughter escaped Jongup's lips, always amused by his boyfriends threats, after being together for almost 3 years now he's learnt when it's OK to laugh or when Youngjae means it. 

"How are you always so warm anyway?" Youngjae questioned curiously, "And don't give me that warm blooded crap you're always insanely warm." Youngjae blushed thinking of the time he had snuck in to Jongup's apartment one winter to make a surprise breakfast in bed and was horrified to see the younger boy in bed with only a light sheet for warmth but his temperature was burning hot, Youngjae had ran down to the store to get cold medicine and things to make soup, regretfully forgetting his scarf and hat in his panic out the door. Only to get back find his boyfriend awake and completely fine, temperature still high but no symptoms of getting sick. The medicine and soup didn't go to waste though as Youngjae quickly fell sick afterwards. Greatful for Youngjae, Jongup was the warmest and most patient nurse Youngjae had ever had. 

Chuckling Jongup tilted Youngjae's head down and pushed back the others beanie so he could plant a soft kiss on boyfriend's forehead. "But it's not my fault you won't believe that I'm a werewolf so I came up with warm blooded" he mumbled before laughing at the obviously annoyed sigh that sounded from his boyfriend. 

Youngjae rolled his eyes, that joke was getting really old, ever since he had admitted (with much regret) that he actually enjoyed the Twilight books at the time they were popular, Jongup had taken the liking to about the fascination he had on the wolves. Huffing at Jongups laughter Youngjae snapped back "You're too short to be a mystical werewolf." while lifting his hand to pet Jongup's soft chocolate brown hair and call him such a good boy. 

"I might not be big and tall but I'm strong and fast" Jongup growled playfully, lifting up Youngjae easily as though he were as light as a feather and carrying him to the sofa where he placed the struggling but laughing boy in his arms and loomed over him like a hungry wolf. 

"OK let's say I believe you but where is your proof wolf boy?" The elder of the two played along with laughter letting Jongup nuzzle his face against his neck attempting to get to skin though the scarf. 

"You got some pretty hard proof last night don't you think?" Jongup smirked as he heard Youngjae's heartbeat race  at the mention of last night's actions.  

"Oookkayyy wolf boy that's it we need to go now!" Youngjae shot to his feet blushing that his usually quiet boyfriend had said that, Youngjae pushed Jongup to the side softly before shuffling over to the jacket he had gotten his boyfriend for Christmas last year and threw it at him. "Put that on we need to go before Himchan dies or worse kills the old lady for talking about her cats so long and then kill Daehyun for encouraging her, you can bet we will be next on the hit list. "

Jongup shrugs on his jacket and smiles, taking the moment to watch his boyfriend burst through multiple emotions trying to hide the sweet embarrassment. Tilting his head he watched Youngjae fumble with the keys, the wolf couldn't help but think how lucky he was, so lucky to have found his mate so early and so quickly after he turned. Youngjae was perfect everything he could have ever asked for and more, only problem was he was human and a very sceptical one at that, all the attempts at just flat out telling him what he is has fallen through many times, he's decided to ask for advice from Daehyun at the dinner since the cat shifter had told his human partner his secret without too many problems. 

The last thing Jongup wants to do is scare Youngjae, and just turning full wolf in front of him would probably do that. 

"Yah! Earth to Moon are you listening?" Youngjae waved his hand in front of Jongup's blank face huffing when he only got a grin as a response. 

"Come on, let's go!" 

Jongup nodded and followed closely behind, he wonders if anything will change once Youngjae believes him and decides he can't wait to leave sneaky dog all over the others face. 

 

[A/N I haven't written in like 4 years I don't know what this was I'm sorry