Chapter 2

First Snow

Wonwoo

"JEON WONWOO!" Wonwoo cringed as he turned around, expecting the incoming torture. He didn't have to wait for it as a hard punch was delivered on his chest before being attacked by a certain someone. Wonwoo let out a laughed as he knew how dramatic his best friend could be and returned the hug. Yoon Jeonghan had certainly became stronger and taller in the span of seven years. 

"What the hell Jeonghan I thought I was gonna flew at least 10 metres away when punched me. Have you been hitting the gym or what?" Wonwoo said, grinning as both of them retreated from the hug.

"Shut up idiot. I still hate you for leaving without informing ur best friends. You stupid kid. Do you know how shocked we were when your mom told us you left. You deactivated all your social medias and didn't call any of us. Are you sure we're really best friends. I hate..."

"WONWOOOOO!!" Jeonghan was cut by two person screaming simultaneously and once again, Wonwoo was attacked by his two other friends . Wonwoo swore he would fall if not for his quick reflex to hold onto Jeonghan. Jun and Seungkwan were now clinging onto him, screaming out in colourful language at him. Despite having to hear and accept the profanities thrown at him, Wonwoo found the situation deeply amusing. While his three friends were venting out their dissatisfaction, anger and disappointment on him, he stood there grinning like an idiot. At least he knew he still have his best friends even though he was the one who pushed everyone away. 

His mind wandered to last night when he made the decision to contact his friends. Fear of rejection by his friends was consuming him and only God knows how nervous he was. He had go back and surprise his parents. He wanted to sneak up on them and thankfully the guard recognized him. He couldn't believe the kind guard still work in his neighbourhood after ten years or so. He pulled his luggage along the road while inspecting his surroundings. It was not fully dark yet but the street lights had been switched on.  A wave of strong emotion hit him as he walked alone in silence. The snow was still lightly falling so he did not have problem walking. Old memories that he thought had been buried deep under the mess of his emotions and thoughts resurfaced. He felt vulnerable but he knew he's stronger than before. With a new determination, he walked faster ignoring the chaos inside him. The fact that that nothing has changed made everything worst. 

To say that his parents were shocked was an understatement. He swore his father almost got heart attack when he casually walked inside the house and straight to the kitchen where he heard them laughing. His mother was baking something in the microwave while his father was eating the snacks on the kitchen counter. His father literally choked on the chips while his mother stood still, not believing his eyes. He grinned awkwardly and went nearer and in no time he was in their arms. His mother sobs and his father murmers could be heard. They stayed like that for a while then hang out and listened to him telling them about his life as a travelling photographer.

He had studied hard after leaving to America. He got into a prestigious medical school and graduated as the top student. He was offered to work in a hospital in America but his passions for photography could not be ignored. He treasured his camera more than his life. Whenever he was stressed out because of assingments and other stuffs, his camera helped him to relax. Not to mention his sharp eyes made every picture he took looked real. He just knew which angle to take and no matter what is it, he had never been disappointed before nor he had to take a pic opf something a few times before getting the perfect result. After graduating, he made the decision to follow his heart ; the advice given by someone special to him. He pursued his career as a travelling photographer and it did not take long for him to make his name big. People admired him and supported him. Due to increasing demand by his fans, Wonwoo had even published a book about travelling. 

His parents listened to him and gave him their full attention even though they already knew some of it. For them, seeing their only son again was a blessing.They had a fun night and his mom cooked a lot for him. He went to bed with a happy stomach but worried heart. He knew he had to call his friends. He missed them so much. So, bracing himself for the worst, he switched on his laptop and logged in into his social media. It took a while since he left it for a long time but relieved when he could use his old account again. Slowly the notifications popped in and he clicked into his friends' profile, stalking them. His smile never left his face as he looked through their pictures. It seemed like his friends were doing very well but there's one more person that he was curious about. However, he knew better than to think about him. His thoughts were disrupted when a message box suddenly appeared out of nowhere. It read : The angel is a devil in disguise.

Wonwoo laughed as he already knew what that meant. About time people relaized the fact. Messages kept on coming in and Wonwoo was reading his friends' conversations before his face went pale when Jihoon sent his next message .

What the hell! Is Jeon Wonwoo here wait what is this? Why did it say read by him?

Wonwo had forgotten that there's a small writing under the messages telling the names of people that read the conversations. Wonwoo felt stupid but realized it was too late to back off when Seungkwan was using upper case letters, saying that he found out that Wonwoo's account was active again. Finally, he typed a simple 'hey' which earned him lots of voice mail and learnt new colourful words he didn't know existed and lastly brought him here, in front of his three best friends. 

They were finally done after one last hug but then Seungcheol and Jihon appeared. Two smacks, one suspected broken toe and ten minutes of swearing later, they finally settled down in Subway Restaurant, enjoying their burgers while swapping stories. 

There's one reason why Wonwoo left his career as a travelling photographer that he loved so much. He felt empty. Without his parents, friends and him at his side, Wonwoo felt empty. He'd rather lose one thing than three. So Wonwoo decided to come back. He was quite confident he would get teh first two things he needed but not quite sure of the last one ; him. In fact, Wonwoo had no hope at all for the third one. But he knew the first two would be enough for him. They were his support and all he would ever need. At least, that's what he convinced himself.  Anyway, he had gotten an offer from a hospital in Seoul so he can start working in the following week. So overall things were still doing good for him. However, no one needs to know about this special secret reason of his. 

While eating, Wonwoo noticed that his friends were nudging each other, looking uncomfortable. He knew what's running in their minds. But it would be better to act like he didn't know. In the end, they would forget about it anyway. Thanks to Seungkwan the mood maker, their lunch was filled with laughter and for one second Wonwoo forgot about the emptiness that he felt. But keyword being one second. The television that had been ignored a while ago suddenly received everyone's attention in the restaurant. 

"And finally for the first time, we are havingChef Kim Mingyu in the studio!"

Wonwoo gulped.