Chapter 1

First Snow

WONWOO

The alarm blared as the pointer hits the number six. Wonwoo groaned as one of his hands unwillingly leave the comfort of the warm blanket to reach out for the alarm clock. He hit the button and sighed in relief as the room became quiet once again. He buried himself deeper into the warmth for some more time before kicking the blanket away. He carried his daily routine for the past month which is going straight to the bathroom and getting ready. The only exception for today is that instead of checking out new places to visit in France, Wonwoo is leaving the country and going back to his native country, Korea. He chose to wear black ripped jeans, black sweatshirt, black converse and completed his look with a black snapback and black backpack. Yep, black is definitely his color. It brings out his pale complexion and made him looked ier. He packed the rest of his belongings and threw them in his luggage while his laptop, notebooks and camera are placed neatly and safely into another bag. With one last glance on himself in the mirror, Wonwoo pulled his luggage out of the suite room and took the room card with him. As he waited for the elevator, he admired the city view from the big glass window beside him. The country had been good to him and he had manage to get new experiences. Wonwoo will definitely come here again, maybe not alone next time.

The airport was again busy just like how he first reached here. But Wonwoo has been to countless airports before and he knew what to do. Maintaining his calm face, Wonwoo went through the normal procedure smoothly before finally boarding the plane. He made himself comfortable and looked out the window. His favorite part is when the plane starts moving and fly up high in the air. No matter how many times he experienced it, the excitement is always there. To kill the time, he started reading and listening to songs until he fell asleep and was woken up by a flight attendance when they were about to land. Wonwoo did not tell anybody that he was coming back that day so he did not expect anyone was waiting for him. Pulling his luggage, he exited the airport and stood in front of the gate, admiring the view he missed since seven years ago. He smiled and walked towards one of the taxis but suddenly stop in his track, astonished but at the same time drowned in sad memories as his eyes caught sight of the first snow that greeted his arrival.

10 years earlier 

The fifteen years old Jeon Wonwoo threw his body onto his new bed and sighed in exhaustion. The process of moving to a new place always tire him although this is the fifth time already. Due to his father's job, the had to move a lot. Wonwoo didn't mind meeting new people but also didn't want to leave his friends. He never has a group of friends, only one or two from each school that keeps in contact with him. 

The neighbourhood is gated and guarded so his parents let him explore the place. It was quite big but quiet. Wonwoo walked around until he found a park. It was really beautiful and big. The park is kept clean and not a single rubbish can be seen. He sat down and finally spotted some people. A trio of father and sons were jogging along the path, moving further from him while a few kids were playing at the swings while their mothers chatted at the side. It was still early in the morning so there was not much people and considering that day was a weekday, most people would have been getting ready to go to school or work. Wonwoo liked the atmosphere so he stayed longer before continuing his explorations. 

He walked along the paths that were used by the trio he saw just now and regretted not bringing his phone or camera along. The sight of the winter trees left him in awe so he tried to capture as much as he could and store it in his mind. For him, even though the trees are not covered with snow yet, they're still beautiful in their own way. He let himself lost in admiring the nature until its too late when he realized he didn't know where his feet has brought him. All he knew is that he was surrounded by trees and the path wasn't there anymore. He wasn't sure he was still in the neighbourhood area or not. One thing that made him thankful is that with the absent of leaves, he can see further in the distance without anything blocking his view. He hugged his jacket tighter, the coldness attacking him more than ever now. He tried to go back the way he came but everything looked the same and he cursed himself for not bringing his phone. 

For a moment, Wonwoo heard laughter. He wasn't sure where it came from he was sure it was real. With the little hope in him, he focused on the sound and tried to follow it. When the sound grew louder and he could make out a sillhoutte of a boy in the distance, Wonwoo sighed as relief washed over him. He was half running to the figure when his leg got caught in a fallen branch and he was thrown forward before he could stop. He was sure he's gonna break his nose at least but didn't expect his arm to be suddenly pulled by a tight grip. Another hand went to reach for his shoulder to stabilize him. His hands immediately flew to grab the first thing he could reach ; a dashingly handsome and taller boy. That was when Wonwoo saw the first snow falling in Korea.