Chapter 1

Being in Love With You, Hurts

Monday night/living room, 8pm

It was really quiet in the living room. The only thing you could hear were textbook pages being flipped, paper rustling, and pens and pencils scratching on paper. The clock on the wall was ticking away the minutes, as they slowly passed by. You would hear the occassional tapping of a pencil on paper and frustrated sighs. Oh, the silence. The unbearable and deadly silence.

To break the silence, Mina decided to say something. Mina said, "Chun?" Yoochun said, "Hmm?" Mina said, with frustration, "Can you help me with this? (whining/pouting) It's haarrddd." Yochun looked up smiling and said, "What is it that's making my Mina-ah so frustrated?" Mina said, pouting, "Math. Now stop smiling and help me." Yoochun said, still smiling, "Okay, okay. I'll help you. Mina said, "Thank you."

Yoochun got up from the other side of the table and sat down next to her. Yoochun said, “Now. What part has got you so frustrated?” Mina pointed to something on the page and said, “This.” Yoochun said, “Okay, now this is how you--.”  Mina wasn’t listening to him at all while he was explaining how to do the homework. She was too busy staring at him. His silky, black hair, smooth skin, those gorgeous brown eyes that would make any girl melt with just a glance and those sweet and juicy pink lips. Oh, how I would love to just touch and feel those sweet lips on mine. Mina was thinking: “ 'Omo! What the hell is wrong with me?’ "

Yoochun looked up at her and he was smiling at her. Mina snapped out of her daze. Yoochun said, “Mina?” Mina said, “Hmm?” Yoochun said, smiling, “Were you staring at me?” Mina said, stuttering a little, “N-No.” Yoochun said, still smiling, “ Yes, you were. I know I’m handsome, but damn girl you don’t have to stare at me like you want to eat me up or something.” Mina said, blushing, “No, I wasn’t staring at you like that. So shut it, Park Yoochun.” Yoochun said, still smiling, “Omo! Mina-ah, you’re blushing.” 

Mina said, "No, I'm not." Yoochun said, "Yes, you are. (smiling) Something I said?" Mina said, "S-stop it, Chunnie and quit smiling at me like that." Yoochun said, "Whoa. I haven't heard that in a while." Mina said, "W-what?" Yoochun said, "Chunnie. You haven't called me that since middle school." Mina said, "Why? You want me to stop calling you that?" Yoochun said, smiling, "No, I don't want you to. I LOVE that nickname."

 

Mina said, "You do?" Yoochun said, with that killer smile of his, "Yes, I do and I don't want anybody else to call me that but you, Mi-mi." Mina said, "Really? Why not?" Yoochun said, "Because you're my best friend and I love you and no one else has permission to call me that but you and you alone." Mina said, looking away and blushing still, "I've never seen you like this before, Chunnie." Yoochun leaned over and whisperd in her ear and said, "You're the only one who is allowed to see this part of me and no one else, Mi-mi." Mina said, "Thank you."

Yoochun then got up, sat down across from her and said, "You're welcome." Then they went back to finishing up their homework. An hour passed and now they are done. Then Mina said, "Wanna watch TV for a while before we go to bed?" Yoochun said, "Sure." Mina flopped down on the couch with the remote in her hand and turned the TV on. Yoochun got off the floor and sat down on the couch with her.

While they were watching TV, Mina took off her shoes, turned to the side and put her legs across hip lap out of habit. Then she laid her head on his shoulder and snuggled up under him to get comfortable and went back to watching TV. The whole time that she was doing all of that, Yoochun was thinking: "Mina-ah is just too cute for her own good. If only she knew how I really felt about her. Would she still talk to me about her problems and ask for my advice? Would she still want to be my best friend if I told her that I'm in love with her? Would she hate me? Ridicule me? Humiliate me? Reject me? I didn't notice it before but damn she's so beautiful. So damn beautiful." Then without about it, he had his nose in her hair and boy does she smell good. Then he kissed her on the head and smiled. Yoochun was in his own little world and he didn't know that Mina had a smile on her face the whole time. Mina didn't want to say anything to ruin the moment, so she kept her thoughts to herself and just kept on smiling to herself.

After a while the only thing that Yoochun heard were her light snores. Yoochun smiled and thought: "She's even more beautiful when she's sleeping." Yoochun gently took the remote out of her hand and turned off the TV. Then he put it on the side table, gently trying not to make any noise. Yoochun picked her up off of the couch 'bridal style' and took her upstais to her room.

Yoochun put a knee on the bed gently and gently laid her down. Before Yoochun was about to leave, he felt her hand grab his wrist. Yoochun looked down at her and smiled. Mina said, sleepily and a little groogy, "Chunnie?" Yoochun said, "Hmm?" Mina said, "Will you stay with me, please?" Yoochun said, "Are you sure?" Mina said, softly, "Yes, just until I fall asleep." Yoochun said, soft and sweetly, "Okay, I will, Mi-mi." Mina said, "Thank you." Yoochun said, "You're welcome." Then Yoochungot in the bed with her and she just automatically snuggled up to his chest with a smile on her face and instantly fell back to sleep.

Yoochun just laid there watching her sleep with a smile on his face. Yoochun said, soflty. "When did you become such a beautiful woman? I can't believe that you are such an angel. Maybe that's what made me fall in love with you over the years. If you ONLY knew Mi-mi how much I REALLY love you." Two hours passed and he was still awake.

Yoochun decided to get up to try and get some sleep. He got out of her bed softly and quietly so that he wouldn't wake her up. He slowly walked to her door, opened it as softly as he could and closed it back. As soon as he got to his room, he laid down and instantly fell asleep. Dreaming of Mina.