What's Your Name?

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I apologize in advance if there are any mistakes

What's your name?

 

 

Finally, the long awaited bell for lunch time rang and I could finally have my sleep. I decided to skip lunch and take a nap instead since I barely had one last night. 

Not too long after, I started feeling weird, as if someone was inside the room as me. I'm quite sure everyone left earlier. 

I opened my eyelids slowly, still laying my head on my arm. 

"!"

"Oh my gosh!"

I quickly sat up straight after being startled by the person in front of me. She was in the same position as I am, although she was staring straight at me.

"Chae! You scared me!" Placing my hand on my fast beating heart, I watched as she steady her breathing and compose herself, although her face was deep red, probably because of the shock. Once okay, Chaeng chuckled, and then placed a cup of iced coffee on my table.

"What's this for?" I pointed at the coffee. Chaeng leaned back on the chair, her face wasn't longer red like earlier.

"I figured you didn't have enough sleep last night." 

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the reminder. "Jen made me play a video game and now I can't stop playing it. I stayed up all night because of that." Chaeng let out a giggle, effectively making me smile. "Thanks though. I really needed this."

 

Thanks to the iced coffee given by chaeyoung, I was able to go through the day without sleeping on any subjects. Thank god for coffees and Park Chaeyoung. 

I was going to check on Chaeyoung to invite her to play video games at my house since Jen is busy with cheer practice, but when I was getting near the music room, I saw Chae and Lisa by the end of the hallway, whispering harshly to each other, seemingly having an argument. They were too focused at their small fight that they didn't even notice me standing at the other end of the hallway. But before I could even take a step forward, Lisa pulled Chae inside one of the rooms. 

That was weird. 

Shaking my head, I decided to go home instead and invite Chaeng next time.

The sight of mom cooking at the kitchen greeted me when I arrived home. As I was approaching, she turned around and informed me about the coming family reunion this saturday. The reunion happens every year at my aunt's house. The whole clan is usually present and sometimes even close friends of my relatives are there, which reminds me, 

"Mom can I invite Jennie on Saturday?"

Mom stopped chopping the vegetables, her back still facing me, probably thinking about it since she didn't really like Jen at first. "Please?"

A loud sigh came from her before she nodded. "Okay, fine." I'm sure she'll come to like her if they spend more time together.

 

 

Classes ended fast today and before I knew it, I was already waiting for cheer practice to end since my basketball practice ended a little bit earlier.

"Tired?" I asked as I handed her a bottle of water, which she drank immediately.

Jen threw the bottle into the trash can, then placing her arm around me. "Now that I've seen you, nope. I'm not tired." We were really supposed to keep our relationship in secret but god. I don't even know anymore if that's possible.

After walking me to my house, I've decided to let her stay for a while. Afterall, she'd been walking me home everyday.

We were watching a random season of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. at my room, I was sitting on the bed while Jen rested her head on my lap, when I remembered. "Hey Jen."

She hummed, half focused on the series.

"We're having this family reunion, sort of, on Saturday. Do you want to come?" I was busy playing with her hair when she suddenly sat up. 

 "What--I mean, of course! I would love to." The twinkle in her eyes were so bright that I almost hesitated to tell her the one condition I had. But here goes nothing.

"But..." I started.

"Can there be no "but"s?" Jen joked, but I had to sigh as I knew it wasn't really a joke.

"My relatives, especially my mom, doesn't know about us. They don't even know that I'm not straight."

"Oh." Jen smiled right after, "It's fine. Meeting your relatives as your friend is more than enough for me." She was taking it surprisingly better than I expected. I actually prepared a speech just in case she'll sulk or something.

Pulling her into a hug, I kissed the top of her head. "Thank you for understanding."

"Well, I'm the best, right?"

"The best of the best."

 

Indeed, she is.

 

Saturday cam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter