Wonderwall

Didn't know I like Rainbows
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 15

Wonderwall

 

 

I’ve been going to school with weekend as my motivation to get through the week, every week actually, but then Saturday comes and I’m sitting at the couch, staring at the television with no plans, and I haven’t even eaten breakfast. Saturday is supposed to be fun. Had I not yet finished watching freaks and geeks, I would’ve stayed in and watched it the whole day, but I’ve already finished it. And let me tell you, there’s no freaking season two. Ugh. 

 

Saving my weekend from turning into a dreadful day of continuously switching over my phone and laptop, Jennie has called me, asking if I wanted to walk the dogs with her. I have nothing better to do anyways.

I quickly made breakfast and took a shower before going to our meeting place.

 

 

“Don’t you want to own a dog?” Jennie asked as we walked through the park near her neighbourhood. I was walking Kai while she walked Kuma.

 

“I want one, but then again, I don’t think I can take care of them. I would be one of those lazy owner.” I really would like to have one. If we have someone to clean his poop then why not?

 

Jennie smiled and glanced at me. She looked like she really love Kai and Kuma, it’s a cute sight to see. “Well, you should think of getting one. It’s true that dogs are man’s best friend. Kai and Kuma keeps me company when I’m lonely. You know, I don’t have any siblings and my dad’s always working.”

 

“I don’t need it. I could just call you when I feel alone.” I shrugged, although I don’t even know why I said that.

 

Jennie stopped walking and raised an eyebrow at me. “Are you flirting with me?”

 

Being me, I didn’t answer and just bent down to pat the dogs’ head. I wouldn’t really call that flirting though.

 

“Kai and Kuma really likes you.” Jen sat down on the grass as well.

 

“They shouldn’t be so friendly though. What if a stranger decides to kidnap—-I mean, dognap them.”

 

“They’re not friendly at all! That’s why I’m surprised that they like you.” Well, what an honour. I guess I’m popular with dogs. Ha! what the hell am I saying?

 

I looked at kai and kuma, petting their head. “And why do you guys like me?”

 

“Because you’re pretty, kind, one hell of a geek, and because you love me.” I looked up and saw Jennie smiling proudly at her self-proclaimed statement. 

 

I raised an eyebrow, just to . “Oh really?”

 

“Yup. They’re overprotective of me. They must’ve sensed that you love me so now they love you too.” She got one hell of a confidence. Can I have some?

 

“Oh please.” I rolled my eyes, but my lips tugged up on its own and I can’t really stop it.

 

After sending Jennie and her dogs home, I went to the nearest pet shop to buy a dog. Now I’ve finally got plans! An abrupt one, but who cares?

 

The personnel kindly accommodated me and explained every breed of dogs they have. It was hard to choose honestly, they were all so cute and fluffy. However, a white puppy caught my attention. Unlike the other pups, the white puppy was lying by the corner of his/her cage. S/he wasn’t sleeping though. Okay, I’ve decided.

 

“I’ll get the white one, please.”

 

“That’s a great choice. He’s a good boy, although sometimes he can be hyperactive.” 

 

I went to the cashier and paid for the dog, signing some papers after. He was kind of expensive but thankfully mom gave me money a couple of days ago and I didn’t really spent that much. 

 

I walked to a certain house and rang the doorbell, quickly hiding the dog beside me, making sure that she can’t see him.

 

It took a couple of minutes before the gate opened and Jisoo looked kind of surprised to see me. She was still wearing her pyjamas and her hair was a bit messy. “Hey, Y/N. What are you doing here?”

 

“I have a present for you.” I had to hold on the dog tight or else he would fall.

 

“I’m pretty sure my birthday was over weeks ago.” Jisoo raised an eyebrow, referring to what I was holding at my back. Yeah, I must’ve looked like I was hiding a gun or something.

 

“There’s no occasion or anything, I just bought you something.”

 

“Okay, what is it?” 

 

I showed her the dog, who, thankfully, really behaved himself while I hid him. 

 

Her sleepy eyes were replaced by wide ones and her smile almost reached her ears. “Oh my god. Are you serious?”

 

Yes! She obviously likes it! “Uhuh. It’s a boy by the way.”

 

“You’re seriously giving him to me?” Jisoo pointed at herself like she just won a lottery. I’m sure she’ll take good care of him. 

 

“Yup. He’s all yours to take care of.” I handed him to her and watched as Jisoo pet the dog. “So, what’ll you name him?”

 

“Mmm…” Jisoo stared at the dog for a while, “Dalcom.”

 

“Dalcom?”

 

“Uhuh.”

 

“Cool.”

 

She carefully held the dog—-I mean, dalcom, and sent me a smile. “Thanks, Y/N. You don’t know how much this means to me.” The atmosphere was getting a bit sentimental and before tears drop, I joked, “Well, I needed someone who’ll protect you when I’m not around.” Actually, it’s not really a joke. Her stepmom is just making me sick and worried. Who knows when she’ll lock Jisoo in her room again?

 

“Tch. Don’t act like a prince charming.” Jisoo rolled her eyes and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter