spell of spells

king of peeves
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you sure about this?” Woohyun asked, looking from the spell in his hand to Sungyeol’s face as Sungyeol nodded intensely. “You’re sure? Yeolie we’re not even sure if we know how to reverse it.”

“I don’t care.” Sungyeol said.

“We could get in trouble.”

“We could get some revenge.”

“People could get hurt.”

“I was hurt, Woohyun.” Sungyeol said angrily. “Had to walk about for days looking like a lilac broom. EVERY STRAND OF HAIR on my body was purple. Soo couldn’t even look me in the face while we had because his kept getting soft. I want revenge and I want it now.”

“But this way?” Woohyun said, sounding unsure.

“You know, for a Gryffindor, you sure are kinda cowardly.”

“And for a Ravenclaw, you’re acting pretty stupid.”

“Are you going to do it or not?” Sungyeol said, reaching for the slip of parchment as Woohyun pushed it away and nodded.

“Fine. Fine. We’ll do it. I’ll do it.”

Reaching into his robes, Woohyun pulled out his wand as Sungyeol mirrored his actions, anticipation dancing in his eyes.

“This is going to be so epic. They’ll never be able to look us in the eye.”

“If we can’t reverse it, I suppose they never will,” Woohyun said. “Because we’ll be expelled.”

He placed his wand on the parchment and Sungyeol did the same but then he withdrew again as Sungyeol sighed in frustration.

“What if it’s fake? What if it doesn’t work? We don’t even know where this came from? What if it came from them? This could be another prank. And if we go ahead and cast it, it could turn us instead of them.”

“You are such a big ninny,” Sungyeol said, pushing Woohyun aside as he placed his wand on the paper. But as he began to read, Woohyun rushed along and added his own wand as they both said:

Big, fat liar, big fat git

Turn them into a rabbit

But nothing happened.

“I told you it was fake.” Woohyun said, looking down the table to note that the Weasley twins were still, very much, human. “I knew it wouldn’t wor-”

A bright, flashing light caused Woohyun to go quiet as he covered his face in the hope of not getting blind. However, when he put his hand down, ready to ask what had just happened, he was suddenly looking at three rabbits sitting across from him.

“What the fukk?” He asked, turning to Sungyeol as they both stared at each other.

Because everyone around them had, somehow, been turned into rabbits.

*****

“I’m not panicking,” Sungyeol said to the whole hall as he stood on top of the table, looking around in despair only to realize that, while everyone around them was now, suddenly a rabbit with a Hogwarts House color draped around their neck, on the other end of the table he was standing on, Fred Weasley was doing the exact same thing.

On his two, very human legs.

“WHAT THE FUKK DID YOU DO?” Fred screamed at Sungyeol.

“ME? WHY WOULD YOU ASSUME THAT I DID THIS?” he shouted back, waddling through the food and books on the table as he matched up to Fred who was equally matching up to him in anger.

“You did this. I know it was you. You’re never going to be able to pin this on me.”

“I didn’t do anything. You can’t pin this on me.”

“Then why are there rats all over the place?” George asked from the floor, by his brother’s leg.

“Rabbits.” Woohyun corrected, also standing on the ground, facing George in fury.

“No. They’re rats.” Fred said. “Unless you can’t tell the difference.”

And as he said it, Sungyeol realized that even though the side of the hall where he and Woohyun had been studying earlier had furry, grumbling, scrambling rabbits, the other side of the hall had rats. Brown, long-tailed, ugly rats.

“We didn’t cast for rats.” Sungyeol said as his eyes suddenly zeroed in on the piece of parchment in Fred’s hand. As he lunged for it, Fred seemed too slow for him, so he took it and shifted as Woohyun climbed up on the table to block Fred from getting to Sungyeol as Sungyeol opened up the paper.

Mad as an idiot, mad as a hat

Turn them into a big, fat rat

“You cast the spell for rats. That’s why half the hall has rats,” Sungyeol accused, but George grabbed the parchment in Woohyun’s hand and read from it.

“And you cast for rabbits. This is all your fault too.” George said.

“It was meant to turn you into rabbits,” Woohyun explained. “Not the entire reading hall.”

“We need to turn everyone back now.”

“How are we supposed to do that? The spell breaks only if we-” George started but then stopped, narrowing his eyes at Sungyeol and Woohyun. “How about you take care of your mess while we take care of our mess.” he said, pulling his brother away.

“We know how to clear up our mess. We don’t need your help,” Sungyeol said in bluster as Woohyun looked longingly at the twins. “I know how to get them back.” Sungyeol said. “We don’t need them.”

“Are you sure it will work? The spell was meant for the two of them but we turned the whole school. The remedy might not work. Let’s all just try to work together.”

“We don’t need them. It says if we identify them by their full name, they’ll turn back to human.”

“Yeah, but how are we going to turn every single rabbit into a person if we don’t know every single person’s full name?” Woohyun asked as Sungyeol froze, his mind working for a solution that Sungyeol knew did not exist. They were going to need help.

Seriously.

“Let’s wake Gyu-hyung then. He’s Head Boy. He should be able to find out names-”

“Or we could just identify a professor. Dumbledore-”

“Will get us expelled. We have to sort this out ourselves. Let’s find Sunggyu-hyung first.”

Picking th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter