Chapter Two

Truths, Lies and Love
Please log in to read the full chapter

"Are you about ready to leave? We told those two that we'd meet them around 6 and it's already 5:45." Daphne had already cleaned up her work station and was gathering her bag. Checking her phone, she sent a quick text and went over to Lilly's desk to wait for her.

"For the love of everything holy, Daphne chill out or I will not go, and you know when I say I won't do something, I sure as heck won't." Lilly sighed. She was in the middle of sewing an intricate part of the dress and didn't want to stop. Truth be told she honestly was not looking forward to this coffee date, although both men were handsome and intriguing, she still wasn't ready to delve into anything after Charles. It still hurt after all of this time.


"Fine, but seriously, you know how I hate to be late." Daphne was practically begging and dancing in her seat."And I'm hungry!" She pushed out her lower lip and started to pout.


"Fine, already! Let me just finish this one stitch and then we can head out." As soon as she was done, she cleaned up her station. Grabing her bag, Lilly locked the door behind her and the two walked towards the restaurant arm in arm, laughing at each others jokes and comments. As they rounded the corner Lilly caught site of the two men, one smiling, one brooding, both looking extremely handsome.


"Ladies! We were wondering if you were going to show up. This one over here hasn't been able to sit still waiting for the two of you." Shi-Jin  smiled as he walked over to greet them. "Don't be rude, say hello cousin."


Wang So nodded briefly and tried to avoid eye contact with the girls. Lilly noticed that he was eyeing them up both pretty well when he thought they weren't looking, and at one point she caught his eye. The look that he gave her made her insides melt, as if she was on fire. Feeling the heat rise to her cheeks, she cleared and looked down. ​

The foursome walked inside the Cafe, and grabbed a table closest to the windo.  It was a simple but charming place yet not too over the top so that everyone would stay relaxed.   "This place is pretty cool,nothing like what I remember of Paris." Shi-Jin said. "It's been what? Like four or five years, I think. Such a romantic city."  

"I've never been. It's always been on my list of must sees, but I've never had the opportunity to go." Lilly stired her coffee.

"If you ever get the chance, I'd suggest you go with someone you are in love with. Makes it 10 times better." Shi-Jin looked over at Lilly as he sipped his coffee.

The usual questions were asked. What did the girls do for a living, how long have they known each other, and so on and so on. By the end of the night, The girls found out tha

Please log in to read the full chapter