003

'Bestfriend'

MINAH-

We went to the arcade and played everything. I loved going to the arcade as there was nice food and it was fun.

'Yah yah I'm beating you!' Jin said.

'No you're not, I'm still first, see?' I said pointing at the screen of my racing machine.

'Yah no fair!' He poured as the race ended.

'Ha now you have to buy me food!' I laughed.

'Fine what do you want?'

'Ice cream.' I smiled.

We looked for Jungkook and he was playing the claw machine next to us. He looked like he was concentrating a lot. I looked at the prices and saw Gudetama and screamed.

'Yah you better get that for me.' I joked and laughed.

After a few goes Jungkook surprisingly actually got the prize.

'Here have it.' Jungkook smiled and threw it at me.

'Jinja? I was just joking.' 

'Then I can have it back.'

'No it's fine I don't mind keeping it.' I said and laughed.

It was almost 5 and I got a text from Jimin.

 

Annoying : You coming home for dinner?

 

Since my parents are always working late Jimin's family always offer for me to go have dinner with them. I basically go everyday except for weekends when my parents are at home. Sometimes I go over with my parents since our families are really close.

 

Me: No I'm having dinner with Jungkook

 

I replied colder than I usually would as I was still not in a good mood. I know, I'm petty right?

Well I get over it quickly so it's fine.

 

Annoying : Oh ok...

 

'Jungkook you wanna have dinner?' I asked.

'Yea sure.'

Jin's parents are strict so he always had to go home for dinner.

'I want to come...' He pouted.

'Maybe when you're parents become less strict.' I pouted as well and patted his head.

We said goodbye to Jin and went to walk around the streets again.

'Ah I forgot to get Jin to buy me ice cream!!' I said annoyed.

'Yah you should eat less food or you'll become fat.' Jungkook said and pinched my face.

'Yah it hurts!'

'Sorry sorry.' He smirked and patted my head.

What is up with people patting my head? So weird... Maybe it's because I'm like a little sister to everyone...

We ended up in a ramyeon place and sat next to each other, facing the window. 

'What was up in tennis practise? You were running so much...' Jungkook asked as he ate his ramyeon.

'Nayeon was being y as always that's why.' I said.

'That girl... how can Jimin be so oblivious to everything...'

'That's exactly what I was thinking! That guy is just too stupid...'

'Yea he's too nice... but I don't even think he likes her that much.'

Suddenly I felt kind of happy? I didn't know why.

Am I jealous?

'Why?'

'Its just... I can tell it's kinda fake, if you know what I mean. They just flirt, that's all.'

'Hmm...'

'It looks like it's gonna rain...' Jungkook said and pointed out the window.

'I better hurry home, I didn't bring an umbrella cuz Jimin rushed me this morning I didn't get to pack my bag.'

We left the restaurant and Jungkook went on his way while I went to the bus stop.

'Aish..' I whispered to myself when it actually started raining. I was already on the bus but walked back home there's no shelter. 

I put in my earphones and sighed. I was wearing a hoodie but the rain was so heavy there's no use to it...

The bus finally arrived at my house and I got off. What surprised me was that Jimin was standing by the bus stop, holding an umbrella.

'Mum forced me to come cuz she knows you never bring your umbrella.' Jimin said.

'Well your mum is always right.' I said and smiled a bit. Ok now I'm not annoyed with him anymore, he's such a life saver.

'Come on let's go.' He said and I stepped u see his umbrella.

The umbrella wasn't big so as we walked Jimin naturally put his arm around me to pull me closer. Somehow I suddenly felt my heart racing. What's happening?

 

JIMIN-

Pig: No I'm having dinner with Jungkook

 

Why's she being so blunt? Did I do something wrong today? Normally she would always come home for dinner..

'Whats wrong babe?' Nayeon asked.

'No nothing.'

I was frowning without even realising.

'Who are you texting?' She asked.

'Oh just my mum.' I was so distracted in my thoughts about thinking why Minah was angry at me that I was replying really slowly and unresponsively.

After walking Nayeon home I went on the bus to go home as well. I kinda regret not going to the arcade with Minah and them...

As I got home, dinner was almost ready.

'Hyung where's noona?' Jake, my little brother asked.

'Oh she's not coming today she went out with Jungkook.'

'Oh are they dating?'

The thought of them going out suddenly made me anxious and scared. Angry at the same time.

'I don't know why don't you ask her.'

'Hyung but aren't you gonna do anything about it? You like her don't you?' 

'Yah shut up I don't.'

But do I?

I had been thinking about her a lot lately, that's why I went out with Nayeon, to distract myself from her. I can't date her, she only sees me as her bestfriend.

'Hyung it's so obvious you do.' Jake said and walked away while shaking his head.

'Dinner's ready!' Mum shouted and we went to have dinner.

We ate the food quickly as usual as mum's food was the best. 

'It's raining outside.' Dad said as he chewed on his meat, 'Looks like it's gonna rain tomorrow as well.'

Then I suddenly remembered, Minah always shred an umbrella with me cuz she never brings one...

Rigt after we finished dinner, I put some shorts and a hoodie on and grabbed my umbrella. As I was puttting my trainers on, mum saw me and looked surprised.

'Where are you going?' She asked as she was curious.

'Just buying something I need for school.'

'Okay be back soon it's dark outside.' She said and smiled.

I finished tying my laces and went out to wait for Minah at the bus stop.