001

'Bestfriend'

'I'll protect you.'

He said to me under the usual tree where we hang out all the time. Jimin, Lay and I always played here, but now, only two of us are here, and one, is no longer with us.

 

MINAH- 

'Yah wake up you pig!'

I was woken up by someone pouring a bucket of water at me, and shouting at the same time.

'What the .' I got up and rubbed my eyes, 'Yah Park Jimin you're so annoying!'

Although he was a year older than me, I just call him Jimin cause we're really close. Calling him oppa just seemed weird.

'We're gonna be late for school idiot! Hurry up!' He said and threw my uniform at me.

'Fine fine.' I said and he closed my door.

Jimin's my neighbour and we grew up together so we're really close. He's more like a brother than a friend to be honest as we're always arguing and bullying each other.

After I got into my uniform I brushed my teeth in the bathroom.

'Yah hurry up!' He's shouted again.

'I still need to brush my hair!' I said.

'Aish you're so annoying.' He came in and started brushing my hair with my hairbrush.

'You love me really.'

'Just brush your teeth idiot.' He said and flicked my forehead.

'Ow! What was that for??' I held my forehead.

'We already missed the bus!' 

'!'

We basically ran all the way to the bus stop and luckily we caught the last bus that would get us on time to school.

As usual we shared earphones, listening to music. I have a really crappy phone so I have really old songs on my phone, I prefer listening to Jimin's music.

' I forgot my tennis racket.' I said as I remembered that I had practise today.

'I brought it for you idiot.' Jimin said and handed me my precious baby.

'Oh thank god! Coach would've killed me!' 

Coach actually wouldn't mind but Nayeon would kill me. Nayeon is the eldest in the tennis team so she always bosses people around thinking she's the most superior, even though she's not the best player.

I really dislike her, but what makes me dislike her more, is the fact that she's Jimin's girlfriend. She always acts all sweet and nice to him but y to me. That's why I prefer being friends with boys. 

We arrived at school just on time. Jimin hit me on my shoulder.

'Yah what now?' I said holding my shoulder.

'You nearly ruined my perfect attendance!' 

Yep, he's that sad. Well I can't blame him, he was the top student at school, while I'm.... let's just say I'm more talented in sports.

'Look who's almost late, again.' Jungkook laughed as he was by my locker. 

'She always wakes up late!' Jimin sighed and shook his head.

'Yah it's not my fault I'm a teenager, you know teenagers need at least 8 hours of sleep.'

'Yea yea sleeping beauty.' Namjoon laughed at me. Everyone knew I was a heavy sleeper. It's not that I need a lot of sleep, I always sleep late so I'm always tired.

'Guys don't bully her.' Jin said and patted my head.

I suddenly feel Jimin tense a little. Maybe it's just me...

'Lessons about to start, let's go.' 

Jungkook, Taehyung and I are a year younger than the other boys.

I wasn't clever and I don't really listen in lessons so the teachers don't normally like me that much.

Its not my fault they're boring...

As usual, Mrs Bae walked into the classroom and began teaching her boring maths. I sit next to Jungkook while Taehyung sat in front of me.

Jungkook normally gets good grades while me and Tae always fail or just pass.

Yet again I struggled to focus in class. Mum and dad was fighting again so I wasn't able to get to sleep.

And so, I fell asleep in class again. 

'Ms Kim.' Mrs Bae said right in front of me and woke me up. The people in my class laughed and chuckled at the normal and usual scene.

'Sorry Miss.' I said and rubbed my eyes.

'I guess you're not awake yet. 5 laps outside, now.'

I sighed and went downstairs. It was normal. I always fall asleep and Mrs Bae always make me run around the tracks as she knew I was sporty.

Jungkook and Tae tried to hold in their laughter and as I went out I hit down both in the head.

Thats why I was known as the running girl at school. Everyone always sees me running in class time.

I tied my laces properly and started running. I was always punished to do this so I'm good at it now, I can finish quickly and relaxingly.

I guess this is good warm up...

I looked up at the windows and as usual people started looking at me. In one of the windows, I saw Jimin, and he had a smile on his face.

Why do I feel like I'm blushing...?

 

JIMIN-

'Look Minah's running again.' One of the boys in my class said and pointed.

I looked out and saw her. She's such an idiot.  I guess she fell asleep in class again.

She looked up and her face started going red. Aww she's so adorable I just wanna pinch her chubby face.

'Dont you think she's so fit?' The boy in front said.

'Of course! Just look at her legs, they're so long and nice.'

Suddenly I felt really annoyed. I just felt protective over her since she's Lay's sister, I promised him I'd protect her.

'Miss please may I go to the toilet?' I asked and Miss said yes. I went to my locker and got out my bottle of water and went to place it outside her classroom. She must've forgotten her water bottle today since I rushed her.

She's so clumsy I always feel like I have to take care of her...