Part 1/2

Falling Slowly

   Trial One.

 

Why are people like him allowed to exist? I can’t stand him!

 

Oh, great—a nerd! Another one for my collection!^_^ V

 

I don’t know why, but even just the sight of him gets on my nerves.

 

Bullying nerds is one relaxing activity—great for the nerves.

 

I HATE LEE SUNG MIN.

 

Hah. Then, back at ‘ya. Nerd.

  

  

Love

Lab Partners.

 

I’m trying to focus all of my attention to the experiment data sheet in front of me. I’m trying to think properly despite the boiling blood inside of me. 

 

I’m trying…to ignore…what just happened an hour ago.

 

Still trying.

 

Still trying.

 

“Lee Sunny, I’m temporarily pairing you up with Lee Sungmin.”

 

“B-but—Why???”I tried to protest.

 

“Cause you’re both Lee Sun and I find it cute. Now, shall we call you the SunSun couple?” our prof said, sarcastic. The latter enjoyed that and laughed.

 

Why…did I even BOTHER TO ASK???!!!

 

So yeah, this moron has been sitting beside me since an hour ago—doing ABSOLUTELY nothing (except maybe sleep, look at the time, wink and smile at the pretty girls sitting beside our working table…uh, and oh yeah. Chew gum.). Well, I would like to give him some workload—only that I want to pass in this criterion which is like 40% of my Physics grade.

WHEN will this torture end?

 

Oh, great. He just woke up.

 

He stretched his arms sidewards as if no one was sitting beside him.

 

“Ya.” The moron called. “Are you done yet?”

 

I didn’t answer.

 

“Are you deaf, or something? I’m asking you a question.”

 

I continued to record data as I answer him as calmly as I can,

 

“Are you blind, or something? It’s pretty obvious that I’m still working.”

 

“Just hurry up and finish that already, nerd.” yawned the moron.

 

Breathe, Sunny, breathe.

 

“Guys, how are you doing?” our prof snooped in to check on us. The moron quickly butts into my record, pretending to help with the stupid experiment.

 

“Doing good!” he says, not looking at our prof trying to show his ‘dynamic involvement’ into this stupid experiment. “Ya. What do you do with this?” says the moron pulling the lever, causing the whole structure to fall down.  

 

I regret not paying attention for a second there.

 

“WHAT DID YOU DO???!!”

 

“Tsk, tsk, tsk. Fix that mess, kids.” Says the very helpful evil professor. He says this and then leaves.

 

“Are you blind or something? It’s pretty obvious—what I did.” He says mocking me—smirking.

 

“WHAT, ARE YOU A MONSTER??????!!!”

 

I just stood and shouted at him without thinking. Me.

 

Oh my god. Everyone. Everyone is staring at me right now. And he is smirking because most probably I look like a psycho who just cracked. Great.

 

I acted calm. I pushed up my glasses and sat down. If I have to repeat this ENTIRE experiment, I might as well start now. Just my luck being paired to this moron.

 

“Well, that was fun.” He slouched and chuckled. “First time you’ve ever exploded like that in public. Entertaining to see. We now have a clue what you’re really like, don’t we, nerd?”

 

“Stay. Away. From me.” I’m so glad this pair thing is temporary.

 

After that? Well, a series abundant annoyance came. He really deserves to die.


 “Hey, I’m going out for a bit.”

 

“See if I care.” For a second he turned look at me, and went on like nothing happened.


 “Ever cut your hair short?”

 

“No.”

 

He put gum on my hair. GUM. ON. MY. HAIR.

 

“Now you will.”

 

I freaked out and dashed to the ladies room.


I got back to the Science lab to find him chuckling at me. I just ignored and sat back down on my chair to finish assembling the structure—but when I did, he burst out laughing. I then stood up again only to find that I sat on chalk powder which he dusted on my white seat.

 

“Really mature, Sungmin. Really mature.” I said, not even wasting a good glare on him.

 


 He started whistling and then, he innocently dropped by ‘accident’ the pair of scissors I was using.

 

“Oooh. Sorry.” He faked apology then went back to business.

 

I can’t help but glare at him before picking up the scissors.

 

But when I did, I sensed his movement and so I quickly got back up to find him in an attempt to ruin the structure I’m building—again. I pointed the scissors to his neck as threat. He quickly raised his arms to surrender. But then, I was caught off-guard. He found the perfect timing to steal the scissors away from my hand. Then he started to reach for the structure while I block him in the process.

 

“Ya!!”

 

Just then, our prof checked on us again.


 He got so bored. He got our prof’s guitar lying on the corner and started to pluck. ‘The moron’s not so bad…’ I thought to myself while finishing the structure.

 

I wondered why it became so quiet when he started playing. I turned to see the girls and boys with love and fire in their eyes, respectively.

 

He looked around and raised his right eyebrow. In query, he said,

 

“What?”


 “Oppa~” Says the girl beside us. My ears went ballistic when I heard that. And not in any good way. This girl is actually trying the aegyo on Sungmin.

 

“Yes, dear?” ...And he fell for it? Ok, now I want to puke.

 

“Can you help us with this? Please~” Can you try not to hurt my ear with that sick aegyo? Please?

 

“Suuuure. Anything for you.” Oh. How great are you. Helping OTHER people and all that.

 

“Komawo~”

 

I wiggled the tip of my tongue against my cheek inside my mouth and looked opposite their direction.

 

At that, I felt him glance at me. But, I couldn’t care less.

 


 One by one, people started to leave and we’re the only pair left.

 


 He got so bored this time he fixated his gaze on me just to annoy me. About ten minutes and that’s when I decided I’m really pissed off.

 

“Hey, you wanna die?”

 

“Someone told me that if you keep looking at people for a long time, they’d stare back. Now I know she’s not kidding.” He smirked.


 This time, he stood up. I wasn’t looking, but I could hear him walk to the back of the lab. I didn’t know what he was doing, until I heard music from the piano.

 

He was playing the same song he played in the guitar earlier. The only difference now is that he was singing…

 

“♪ I don’t know you but I want you all the more for that.♪” I dropped my pen at that.

 

“♪Words fall through me and always fool me but I can’t react. And games that never amount to more than they’re meant will play themselves out…♪”

 

I lost concentration with the—Wait. What was I doing again?

 

“♪Take this sinking boat and point it home we still got time. Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice you made it known...♪”

 

Is it really possible for a moron to sing like this? I mean…

 

“Hey.” The playing stopped. “Are you done yet?”

 

“Wh-what?”

 


 “Could you be any slower with that?” he said sarcastically, of course.

 

“Can’t you tell that it’s your fault?” I said banging the blame on him like the usual. Like the normal. Like the rightful thing to do.

 

“What? It’s been hours ago! You should have been done with that by now! You’re just so unskillful and slow—”

 

“Then why don’t you get out of here? It’s not like you’re any help anyway.”

 

Rest assured, he grabbed his backpack and sauntered towards the door. I didn’t even bother to look at his expression when he left.

 

But…was I too harsh?

 

Nah. He was harsher.


 

I’m half-way through with this stupid observation when someone opened the door…

And it was him…

 

“Hey, where’s your partner?” …our professor.

 

“I wish he died.”

 

“Look, kid. I’m leaving. Just lock the lab if you’re done.” He left and closed the door.

 

A few seconds later, the door opened again.

 

“Su—“

 

“Hey, submit your observation tomorrow. 7am sharp.”

 

I nodded, disappointed.

Wait, what?

Then, the door opened again.

 

“What?! I will lock the door just leave already!”

 

“Huh??”

 

I turned to find the moron at the door with his eyebrow raised again like earlier. I reflected back his wondering expression. 

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you already left?” He smirked when I asked that. Next thing I know he threw a small object at me. It hit my head.

 

“Ow.” His smirk grew bigger. He crossed his arms and leaned against the wall while staring at me.I looked at the thing he threw and it was a box of candy.

Is this a reenactment of a Justin Bieber moment?  

 

“Well, that hurt!”

 

“You’re welcome.” He smiled to one side, then left—not removing his crossed arms.

 

“Hah. Some moronic evil comeback.” I picked up the small box and checked it out.

The label wasn’t surprising.

 

“’Nerds’.”

 


 

Just a bit more and I’m done. Stupid professor for giving a thirty-paged activity.

 

“♪Take this sinking boat and point it home we still got—♪ ” Ok. Why am I singing that song? I must have what they call ‘Last Song Syndrome’.


 Hah. There, I’m done. Finally.

 

I stretched for a bit. Then, I saw the box of Nerds. I was eating the candy since a while ago. I shook it. It’s almost empty—but there’s something odd.

 

There was something like a bigger chunk inside of the box—bigger than the usual size of the candy—which are small, by the way. I checked out the label if there was some kind of toy inside like the one they put in cereal boxes. But, there wasn’t any.

 

Then, I opened the lid*

 

 

“AAAAHHHH!!!!COCKROACH!!!!”

 

“HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!”

 

“LEE SUNGMIIIIIIIIIIIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

He couldn’t suppress his own laughter. He was dying in it. That said, I don’t want it to be just a metaphor. I wanted him to die for real.

 

I sooo wanted to cry.

 

He was on the floor, laughing. He couldn’t stand up. I swear, if he died from that I couldn’t be happier.

 

I was trying my best to beat him up while he’s still defenseless. But, he crawled to reach for the small box, his laughter suppressing to a subtle one. He opened the box and got the cockroach out. I backed out. He showed the unmoving bug.

 

I stared at it. Then he threw it at me.

 

“Aaah!”

 

“Hahahahaha!” I looked closer at the bug. He stopped laughing as I pick it up.

 

It was plastic.

 

I poked my cheek with my tongue inside my mouth and looked down.

 

Then, I shot him an evil glare.

 

“I’M GONNA KILL YOU!!!!LEE SUNGMIIIIIN!!!!!!”

 

I chased him around the lab while he was laughing. He even used the chairs to block my way—but I was invincible. Or at least I thought I was.

 

When he finally gave up and let me catch him, I banged my clutched hands against his chest.

 

“I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!”

 

I was shocked when he held my hands to keep me from doing that. But I still insisted on maiming him that way ‘cause it’s the least I can do. I’m so mad.

 

Not too long, he was in control of my hands, the situation, and yeah…even me.

 

“Hey…” he looks out the window in a seriously cute expression. “Look, it’s late. Do you want me to walk you home?” He said that, still holding my wrists and looking into my eyes.

 

I flushed beet red. And you know what? I can’t believe I actually nodded.

(Hey, this looks like a scene from Princess Hours.)

 

He smirked which made my heart beat faster than it should.

 

“I don’t.” He laughed.

 

 

If I become the president of Korea I would file a petition to make the act of murder legal. If they don’t agree, then it’s Marshall Law.

 

I swear, I’m gonna hunt this guy down. I’m gonna make sure that I’m gonna be the one to bury him six feet under, just so I’m sure that he’s dead.


Copyright © 2010 by Anakin Gundam™-AUTHOR’S PSEUDONYM

A.K.A. amusingmurdermachine-AUTHOR’S USERNAME 


 

Hey, thanks for actually reading the first part. ^_^

By the way, don’t ask me what the first experiment is about. I do not know either. :))

Please do comment and tell me at once if there’s any grammar mistake—or any other kind of mistake at all.

 

Oh...and another thing. Talk to me, people. I want to know whether you still want me to post the second part or you had enough of this. Thank you^_^