Chapter 2

With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jisoo didn't know what to do when he set down the empty glass in front of her. 

 

He didn't give her enough time to ponder though because the next thing she realized, he was leaning towards her.

 

Too close. Yet she did not flinch. Instead, she met his gaze, finding it harder to breathe as the seconds ticked away.

 

The staring contest continued until she tilted her chin higher as if telling him to bring it on. 

 

While getting held by his smouldering gaze, she started wondering about him. What did he want? Why was he still looking at her like she needed rescuing? Was she pitiful? Was she that obvious?

 

What he did next made her abruptly catch her breath. In one swift movement, he had turned the stool she was sitting on to face him, his hand was on her back and she felt herself shiver.

 

But nothing could have prepared her for what happened next. She felt his lips pressed against hers. He was kissing her full in the mouth. Slowly. As though asking permission even though obviously he had already crossed the line.

 

She froze. Wide-eyed. All thoughts wiped out.

 

Why would he kiss her? And why didn't she push him away.

 

Something in her stirred. She could not be mistaken. Her eyes started to flutter close. Everything around them slowly faded. Until all she heard was the pounding of her heart. Had she been standing, she would surely fall to the ground. Her limbs fell at her sides helplessly, losing its supposed ability to push the handsome stranger away.

 

One thought penetrated her hazy mind. How could kissing a stranger feel like this? Warm and calming. A complete opposite of the the wild beating of her heart.

 

Was she drunk? Or was he the one who's drunk? 

 

But he didn't look like one.

 

She had no sense of time whatsoe

Please log in to read the full chapter