Chapter 1

With You
Please log in to read the full chapter

                                                                                            ###

If there was anything she's struggling to be good at, it's pretending not to care. Because getting hurt by someone she loves proved to be something she could not simply brush off like dust on her favorite pair of jeans. 

 

While she sat there, contemplating her next move, she still could not believe how her night had gone from boringly fine to worst in a split second. 

 

She had been looking around, trying to locate her friend, the mastermind behind tonight's visit to the club frequented by people their age. But the sight of her ex-boyfriend with the girl—the sole reason why he had dumped her months ago—brought back unwanted memories along with a reflex to turn around and curse under her breath. She rarely curses. But the sight had her flustered in a bad way.

 

He was her first boyfriend. The first person she had given her heart to. Painful memories came flashing back, causing her to blink back the tears. That night he claimed he had to be honest, it had been three months ago. Up to now, she had not been able to get over it. One reason being he had not given her a decent explanation. It was only three weeks after, that she had found out from her friends; that he had dumped her for someone who's more 'exciting'. 

 

This was the rumour circulating at the university which the three of them unfortunately go to. 

 

There had been instances when she felt as though people she run into corridors where laughing at her behind her back. But as she said, she pretended not to care. At which she was still struggling at actually.

 

Months ago, she would have confronted him, begged him even to take her back. If he wouldn't, at least he owed her an explanation. She had needed closure then. But now, seeing as he looked so arrogant, not to mention the thought that the rumours were true, the shallowness of his reason, she panicked, hoping he wouldn't notice her pathetically stiff form by the bar. Have him thinking she's still not completely over him.

 

Please log in to read the full chapter