PROLOGUE

Sweet Love

 

CAKES AND BAKERY

Happiness is life served up with a scoop of acceptance, a topping of tolerance and sprinkles of hope, although chocolate sprinkles also work.

 

 

ALMOST TWELVE YEARS AGO..

 

A little boy was staring at the window glass looking at the lot types of cakes and pastry been displayed at the bakery shop. Tears can be seen flowing from his doe eyes while continuously sobbing, he had been standing there alone.

 

While he was crying, a young boy about 12 years old, passed by. He noticed a little boy crying in front the bakery shop. He felt pity for the child. He thought that he might be lost or something. He suddenly decided to turn back and ask the little boy what was wrong.

 

“Are you lost?” the boy asked the little boy.

 

The older boy looked at the little boy. He had tears in his eyes. Somehow the boy couldn't bear to see the little boy cry. He immediately pulled out his handkerchief and started to wipe away the little boy's tears.

 

“What's wrong? Why are you crying? Are you lost?” the boy asked again.

 

The little boy just looked at the boy. And then he suddenly cried again. The boy didn't know what to do. Then he remembered they were standing in front of the bakery shop. It’s okay to bring some cakes for the little boy, he thought. Since he already had the things that his mother asked to buy, he can buy a few slices of cake with the balance money he had.

 

For a moment the older boy went into the bakery shop. After a while, he backs holding a paper bag.

 

“Come on. Stop crying. Would you like to eat some cakes? I have some of it.”

 

The little boy suddenly stopped sobbing and looked at the paper bag full with some cakes. He doesn’t like sweet things but he loved the decorations on top of the cakes. He tried to hold back his tears and suddenly asked, “Can I really have some of your cakes?.”

 

“Here, I brought these cakes all for you. Take it.” The older boy hands the paper bag to the smaller boy.

 

The older boy smiled, “Of course. I wouldn't be offering them to you if I didn't want to give them to you” he answered again seeing the boy was a little uncertain to take the cake.

 

The little boy carefully takes the paper bag. He was very happy and stops crying. The boy felt relieved after seeing the little boy had stopped crying. Then he brought the little boy at the park near the bakery shop. He slowly sits the boy on the bench.

 

“You’re not going to eat the cakes?.” The older boy said with a smile on his lips and the small mole above his lips can be seen.

 

“I .. I’m.. not hungry but I still can have this cake right? What is this cake’s name?” The little boy looks inside the paper bag trying to look at the transparent box covering the cake.

 

“Yeah you still can have it. Its strawberry shortcake, hyung’s favorite. May hyung asked you something?.” He looked at the boy who still had trail of the tears on his cheek, he can see the little boy nodded. “Why were you crying anyway?” the boy asked.

 

The boy looked at the older. “I’m sad that my parents were dead a few months ago. I had been missing them now. And now I live with my grandma along with my little younger brother. He was asking me if he could have some cakes on his birthday, which is today and I almost didn’t manage to get it since my grandma had a fever, so she could not buy it for my little brother.” The boy answered with tears starting to form in his eyes again.

 

The boy's heart somehow stopped as he heard the little boy start sobbing again. He slowly bent down on his knees and faced the little boy. He then started to wipe away the little boy's tears again.

 

“Please stop crying. Little boys should always be brave. Little boys should not always been crying. Do you want your parents to be sad?” the boy asked the little boy.

 

“What do you mean?” the little boy asked.

 

The boy smiled. “Your parents may have died, but that doesn't mean that they aren't watching you anymore. I’m sure, they are up in heaven right now. And they are really sad because they can see that you're always crying.”

 

The little boy smiled. “Really? Do you really think so? You're very nice. I never thought about them being sad and all. Do you really think that they are in heaven and watching over me?. Do you know them? Are you my parent’s friend?” The little boy blinking his eyes innocently looks at to the older man.

 

“No, but my mum said that they people that had died will watch their loved one from the heaven and if the person that they love was sad they will feel it too.”

 

“I don’t feel sad anymore.” The little boy tries to smile with his red fluffy eyes and the sob still can be heard although not loud as before.

 

“Come on, where do you live? Hyung will take you home.” The boy offered.

 

“It’s there..” The little boy said while showing at some place near the school.

 

The older boy pulls the little boy’s hand and they started to talk with each other while the older boy holding a paper bag full of groceries that being asked by his mum. Both of them stop in front of the small cottage. “This is my home.”

 

“Uh.. it’s beautiful.” The older one said looking at the small cottage. At the front he can see the cottage has a small garden and it’s full of white calla lily flower along with baby breath at the bottom of the flower. The small cottage was like everyone’s dream house.

 

“Joongie-hyung, halmoni been searching for you.” Another little boy around 8 years old comes out from the door.

 

“I need to go now, thanks for the cakes. Bye, hyungie.” The little boy said to the older while waving his hand then he walks to his younger brother and pulls his brother along with him into the cottage.

 

The older boy walked to his home after the little one already been inside the cottage. What a beautiful little boy, make him remember about the little boy that he know as Joongie. It’s was his stupid little mistake forgot to ask his name and introducing himself. ‘Maybe I can go visit him on the weekend.’ Though the older boy.

 

A/N: I'm really sorry for taking such a long time to update this. Finally after a year, I had a muse to rewrite it back and my friend already give her permission for me to continue this story. I hope you all will enjoy this and I really sorry for taking so much time again. Thanks for the comment and subscribers that willing to wait for this story.