[O.N.E]

My Adorable Customer
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

I ran fast since it’s 2.53 pm already. , should I always come late to work like this?

I turned to the last block and saw the mart neon box already, thanks God at least I’m near.

I entered the mart and saw Haejin, the one who work on the shift before me have already sat there with his jacket on and pouty face, thinking that I was going to come late again. Well, I did not know I was that slow. I did not plan to oversleep before getting ready to work anyway.

“Finally you’re here.” He said.

“Yup, yeah yeah, I’m not late today.” I said, in between to catch my breath.

“You are early, it’s 2.58.” he snickered.

I laughed sarcastically. “Say whatever you want to say, Haejin, I did not apply to work here. Too bad they moved me here. I was happy working at Yeosang-gu already. Why should they move me here to Gangnam-gu? I need to take the bus, change train twice and run so I don’t get here late.”

“You should really work on your time management, Nami.”

“I know, but it will take a while.” I said, taking my plastic bottle from my bag and took a big gulp of water.

Haejin shook his head in disbelief. “But you know what, at least-“

“At least I have you, it’s okay to wait for several minutes until I arrive everyday, right?” I winked at him.

“Stop it Nami, you know I don’t have all the time in the world. I’m busy as well. Beside, I was going to say that at least today I’m not as busy as I am usually.” He said.

“Aissssh busy? You’re busy? I know you’ll be sleeping on your couch once you got home, don’t trick me, I’m just taking away some minutes of your peaceful nap.”

He chuckled and stood up. “Okay okay, I’m leaving. Don’t get yourself confuse with the machine again. I have no problem with it today. And don’t lose any cash.” He replied while walking outside the store.

“Okay, thanks Haejin! Bye!” I said, waved him goodbye.

I took some time to rest on the chair behind the cash register machine, and looked at my phone. It’s 3.09. Great I am not very late today. Fortunately, I have Haejin. The best thing about this place is him. In Yeosang-gu, no partner is as kind as him. Despite being far from my apartment, at least the working environment here is a lot better.

Time ran fast because customers came and go like crazy. It’s a lot busier here in Gangnam, the streets are full of passerby, especially with office worker when office hour ends. I was working alone, until 6 o’clock, when Lyn come and keeps me company until midnight. My shift will also end at midnight.

Around 7.30 in the evening, there were 2 black vans coming to the street and park on the opposite of the mart. I thought people will come to the store, so I prepared myself and stood in front of the cash register, while trying to see who will come out of the car. However, the cars stayed still and no one came out of it. Suddenly I saw the garage door of the nearby building was opening with a loud screeching sound and the two cars went inside. I came back to my chair and sat there. No customers around but there will be many people several minutes from now.

After the busy hours passed by, I finally had my dinner, a cup of ramen, because I did not want to go outside and ran back to the store in hurry when customers came.

A motorbike, a chicken delivery motorbike in precise, stopped in front of the store and a young man looked around, searching for an address of the person ordering the chicken.

He came in the store, holding the plastic of boxes of chicken in his hand, and asked me.

“Do you know where is this address?” he said while showing an address in his phone’s notes.

“Hmmm.. I’m not quite sure because I am new in this neighborhood. But looking at the building number, it should be across the street. All building this side, have odd number, even number should be across.” I simply answered him.

“Oh, okay thank you.” And he walked out of the store.

“Aish, he asked and did not buy anything.” I said to myself. Lyn heard me and commented, “Haha don’t worry Nami, he is just in a hurry, that’s it.”

I saw the delivery man walked across the street and walked pass several buildings, until he came back to the garage door where the 2 vans got in earlier. He stood there looking unsure, until a man opened the door and let himself in.

He came out while I was listening to my phone’s playlist, I really like BTS songs and couldn’t stop fan-girling over them. He walked back to his motorbike and nodded his head to me. I nodded to him too, and then absorbed in the music & my Instagram timeline. Wow, finally BTS has come back safely to Korean after some concerts in Asia. They looked so good in their airport fashion, though they look tired too. I’m very excited for the fact that they are also nominated as one of the Top Social Artist on Billboard Music Awards in America. Really, this time I think they will have the biggest leap, thinking about having them to attend the awards in Las Vegas already made me shiver and proud as a fan girl.

It was a little bit off that night, because not many people came to the store. I almost fell asleep on my chair when suddenly the store’s doorbell rang, indicating there was somebody coming in.

He was wearing a pair of short pants, with black T-shirt, gray hoodie and a face mask. He went in and walked right away to the corner of the store. I was quite suspicious to see somebody with that outfit; I was afraid he will commit a crime or something. I kept my eyes on him but he didn’t seem to notice me. He pulled out his phone while searching around the spices & cooking material shelf.

“Hyung? I cannot find it, I don’t find the brand of seasoning that you mention earlier. What was that again?”

Oh, he’s trying to find some sort of seasoning for cooking. I continued to overhear what he said, I cannot help it because there’s only a low volume music from the TV which is not enough to distract my ears from this customer. Besides, his voice sounds so familiar.

“No, they don’t have it here hyung. Don’t make me argue with you, I don’t want to waste my energy to do that. Moreover, you know I’ll always lost against you. Told you I was happy enough with the chicken, remember?” he started to complain to whomever he talked to on the phone.

Wait, chicken? Oh all of this started to make sense. They were the one who ordered the chicken! I couldn’t help to conclude at this time. But again, I feel that his voice is very familiar, who is he? Why do I feel like I’ve heard his voice somewhere? I tried to ignore by watching the TV, they played some good MVs.

“Cola? I don’t we should have another round of cola, if I may say. Especially Taehyung, please tell him I’m not buying him Cola anymore for today. He’s had enough! ..... ouwh fine just one small bottle! Anything else? Okay. Bye”.

Here he came now, he walked towards the chiller in front of me, took a bottle of Cola and finally I can see him up close. He is tall and have fair skin. His hair was dyed chocolate and it looked damp, half-wet, maybe he has just showered. At that time, the TV started to play one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter