Chapter 8: Words in the Dark

I'm Just Another Bystander
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

         A few more sleepless nights of studying passed after getting into that fight with Taemin. However I wasn't worried about dealing with him as much lately since I was so focused on my grades. Even though I've always been in the top ranks, I never put myself through a nosebleed situation and took care of myself. But this time was different, grades was above all personal care. I walked into school, strolling right past Taemin like I've been doing for the past few days and only heard a huff in response behind me. I would have felt like everything in my life was setting back to normal but I was still connected with Taemin and all the trouble he brings around me. If it wasn't for him, there would be no rumors about me and I wouldn't be on The Twins' hit list. They've never even looked my way until I got myself involved with him. Ah I didn't even feel like thinking about his name in my head. I fixated my state of mind towards the class and take in the lectures like I've been doing. But then the doomed class period came along: science.

         "Hello students, today I will be handing out the last tests you took. Some of you did superb as always and some of you...are slacking," the teacher spoke up once class started and I could have sworn her eyes landed on me when she said 'slacking'. "So come and get your tests when I call your name."

         She called the students in alphabetical order so I was one of the first students to get my test from her. I could feel the paper burning my fingertips - I just knew that this test was going to blow up in my face. I placed the test face down as I sat back in my seat, not yet ready to see my grade. Peeking out through one eye I slowly lifted the corner of my page up and saw a number that started with a five. I didn't even have to see the rest of the grade, I knew I failed. My first failing grade since primary school. I couldn't believe. The bomb of a test blew up and left me heated with rage on the inside and I needed something to extinguish the fire with: Taemin. I snapped my gaze over to him and gave him the worst glare I could possibly give and scrunched up my face enough to let him know I meant business. He replied with his own confused gaze but he wasn't going to be confused for long.

         Right after our first class break started I grabbed Taemin by the wrist without saying anything and dragged him behind me without answering his multiple questions, which of course he had a lot of. My plan was to lead him up to the roof to have a private discussion with him since everywhere else in the school would have at least some people lurking around.

         "Yah, let go! Where are you taking me? Help this wang-dda is kidnapping me, help!" he yelled as he tried to free himself from my grasp. Honestly I could definitely see now how he got tossed around so easily. Not only is he feminine looking but he's not so strong either, especially if a little girl like me is able to pull him around at will. Finally we made it onto the roof and I pushed him outside before I was able to walk out myself and closed the door behind us.

         "You," I pointed dead at him, my finger shaking with the built up fury I had inside of me. "This is all your fault."

         "What's all my fault? What's gotten into your crazy mind now?" he asked, obviously still not getting how angry I was at the moment.

         "Everything is all your fault. See this?" I lifted up my shirt and I could see him flinch at the action but then I pointed to a big purple bruise on my side, "This is all because of you." I dropped my shirt, letting it be half tucked in and half tucked out. "That stupid fight I was in with you, caused all of these bruises that still hurt with every other move I make. You know, ever since that fight, ever since I got involved with you, I can't even look my own mother in the eye? Do you know the crap she'll spill out to me if she found out I got into a fight because of a guy and lost? I had to tell her that I fell down a flight of stairs that day and that was about one of the last things I've said to her." Before I knew it, I just began to rant about everything that's h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter