Second Chance.

SECOND CHANCES.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry, got busy with college stuffs.

 

Second: Happy ending. :-) Enjoy.

 

Sorry for any grammatical errors.

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

March 2020

 

I got inside my car, turn the engine on, and drove off. I was already done with the mandatory military service last month— Talking about last month, nothing.. I did nothing but to relax at my home with my family; or visit different places and our villa; I also visited YG again for a meeting last week, for a possible album. My friends also visited me... including Soohyuk. I've read his letter a month after he sent it to me, when we were given a breaktime.

 

 

Reading his letter back then, I really don't know how to react or feel. All I can do was to let out a deep sigh because I couldn't forgive them yet. But even before I enlist, I already told myself that I'll use those years to think.. to man up.. to forgive... to forget... and heal the pain. Two years... were enough. I did think about it thoroughly... I've learn to breath and forgive.. and to forget. Though, I couldn't forget the memories but I've forgotten the hurt and pain. Whenever I think about it, our mistakes, I just consider it as a past that we needed to move on and let go. Because better days are coming. New beginnings are coming.

 

 

I smiled as I stared at the sunset while the light is on a stop. I remember her again. She's always been on my mind. That night when we last saw each other.. it was as if I didn't leave her. Because she never had left my mind; she never had forgotten me— And I never did too.

 

 

Her.

Taeyeon.

 

 

The stoplight turned green, indicating that I need to drive again. Yet, even driving, I still think about her.

 

 

Taeyeon also wrote a letter for me. Oh, wait. Let me change that.... Letters. I smiled again as I remember her letters for me. Every month, she'd sent me letters. In her first batch of letters, she'd talked about how she misses me, and how sorry she is; but as the months pass by, she'd talk about her everyday doings which makes me happy and calm. It didn't stop there though; untl now, she keeps on sending me letters even when she knows I'm already discharged. And I think it's time the she would stop writing for me.. because I'm coming to her.

 

 

All the time while driving, all I thought of was her messages she had sent to me.

 

 

 

AUGUST 2018

 

Dear Jiyong,

 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Jiyong ahjussi!!!!!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

But the birthday boy isn't hereeeeee. 어똫게?

 

보고앂포 지용. I miss you.

 

Because it's your birthday, I visited Dolce Vita. Ahhh, nope. I was here since last week. August.... August is a special month for me. We should be celebrating out 3rd anniversary here.. but I was irresponsible. I'm sorry again. I shouldn't be doing this again, right? ㅋㅋ I am planning to stay here until tomorrow. People have seen me but I really don't care. ㅋㅋㅋ I wish you were here and we'll drink my favorite tea— sereniTY. ㅋㅋ

 

Soohyuk... I told him not to visit me anymore. I'm doing okay, very well rather. I hope you'll forgive me soon.

 

Missing you,

태연

 

 

OCTOBER

 

안영!

 

Today, I spent the day with my members. We went to a club and party! Because we haven't seen each other for a long time. It's a VIP party!!!!!! I had a few drinks and I just could wish you were there earlier. I was kinda left out because my members brought their boyfriends with them and I have none. Ah, right. I don't have a boyfriend. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Still missing you,

태연

 

 

NOVEMBER

 

Happy Halloween!!!

 

SM had it's yearly Halloween again! I dressed up as No Face! ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You know I've been wanting to cosplay No Face! ㅋㅋ

 

If you're here, I'd like you to dress as a minion. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Missingggg youuuuu everydaaay,

태연

 

 

DECEMBER

 

메리그리스맛!!!

 

It's Christmas day. Will you visit your family today? Ahhh, they must miss their son and brother Jiyong a lot. And I miss you too. I came home to Jeonju to celebrate it with my family. I'll be here until New Year. I baked a lot of cupcakes, gingerbreads, and a cake. If you came back, I'd like to bake for you again. If you give me the chance... I hope you'll give me the chance.

 

Love,

태연

 

 

MARCH 2019

 

I just woke up from bed and the first thing I'm doing is to write this letter to you. It's my birthday!!! I'm getting old. My friends are now calling me Taeyeon-seongsangnim. ㅠㅠ My family will visit me later at night but this morning I have a meeting at SM for my new album with songs that I've written. Yes, I've written songs again! I won't talk too much about it because it will spoil you. You might leak it too. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

Ahhhhh, my wish for my birthday... it's always the same. For you to finally forgive me. I wonder if I am forgiven already.

 

There were rumors about us again... and some concluded that our love is just another history.. a past. I certainly hope not. Eversince you left, I never look at anyone else. They were some guys that asked me out, but I rejected them and told them that I am waiting for someone. I really hope my wait will be worth it.

 

 

Still inlove with you,

태연

 

 

 

Definitely worth it.

I grinned.

 

 

I finally reached my destination— Taeyeon's house in Jeonju. It's been so long since I've visited their house. I remember the first time I came here; it was when Taeyeon introduced me to her lovely family. I wonder if they know that we broke up already because she didn't tell me that in her letters.

 

 

I stand nervously at their gate... It's been so long.

 

 

I pressed the doorbell twice and in no time, her sister Hayeon, came out to open the gate for me.

 

 

"Jiyong oppa! OMO!"

 

 

I smiled at her. She's all grown up!

 

 

"Annyeong, Hayeon!"

 

 

She opened the gate and let me in. "Omo oppa! Welcome back!!!! Wait a minute! I should call Taeyeon unnie! She'll be surprised!"

 

 

She's about to run inside but I took her arm quickly, "Hayeon-ah, shhhhhh."

 

 

"Eh?"

 

 

"Where's your unnie?"

 

 

"She's inside! She misses you so much oppa! Everyday!!!!"

 

 

"Really?" I chuckled, "I know it."

 

 

"That's why I should call her now!"

 

 

"Aniyo aniyo, wait a minute," I leaned closer to her and whispered, "I want to surprise her. Can I, Hayeon?"

 

 

She smiled widely, "Jiyong oppa you never change! You're so sweet! Of course!"

 

 

"I guess I am." I smiled too. "Now, go inside and tell your parents that I'm here. Keep it a secret from Taeyeon. And... I want to say hi to your parents first."

 

 

"Sure, oppa!" she went inside their house and signaled me after that I can go in.

 

 

I quietly went in. I was welcomed with their parents so I greeted them and I bro-hugged Jiwoong.

 

 

"Jiyong, how are you?" asked her beautiful mom.

 

 

"I'm very fine and well-rested, Mrs. Kim." I politely replied. "Where is she?"

 

 

"The birthday girl's in her room." replied Jiwoong.

 

 

Her father also added, "She's writing a letter to you again. Even if it's her birthday."

 

 

Kim Taeyeon.. you're really one of a kind.

 

 

"I love her letters."

 

 

"You surely do. She always write it with her heart's voice." her mom told me.

 

 

This family... they're so warm. It feels just like home.

 

 

"Oppa.. we know why she's doing that. We know what happened."

 

 

I widened my eyes, "You do?" I nodded as I realized; of course, she couldn't keep it to her family. "I guess, you guys deserved to know anyway. When did she tell you?"

 

 

"Before she sent her first letter to you." Hayeon answered.

 

 

"She was really broken that time and we know that there's something wrong. We're happy that she reached out to us." Jiwoong replied.

 

 

Her dad continued, "I'm sorry for what happened, Jiyong. But as a father, I know she's probably at fault, but my daughter suffered too."

 

 

Her mom, brushed my arm and softly asked me, "Jiyong, my dear, have you forgiven my daughter?"

 

 

I held her hand in mine and brushed it softly, "Of course," glancing at all of them one by one then back to Taeyeon's mother, "I have. I have forgiv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter