First Chance.

SECOND CHANCES.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Don't y'all worry, I said I'll write both. :-)

 

First up: Slight!Angst.

 

Sorry for any grammatical errors.

 

 

JIYONG'S POV

 

 

2 years later...

 

 

My hands.... I can't seem to open them. I feel nervous. For minutes, I just stared at the two letters on the coffee table. One from him, and one from her. I found them in my mailbox just few days ago, with the other letters from the fans. I haven't read any single of them until I got the time yesterday. I spent the day reading and reading letters from fans; as there were hundreds of them, I decided to continue reading them the next morning. But then, I notice that there are two letters that weren't in colorful papers, don't have playful heart stickers, and don't have that bold 'Jiyong oppa' in front. These two letters that were written in a simple paper; letters that I know weren't from fans; letters from Soohyuk and Taeyeon.

 

 

I was thinking on what message would the letters have. And.... would it make any other difference?

 

 

I grabbed the first letter— Soohyuk's.

 

 

I won't fall for her, I won't make the same mistake again. If I ever do that, I swear, you don't need to beat me anymore, because I'll jump into hell in no time.. If we meet again.. I hope we'll not be strangers. You can count on me again, always, bestfriend.

 

 

I just smiled as I read his letter which was written few months after I was sent to military.

 

 

Right, Soohyuk.

 

 

It's been two years. In those two years, I've already forgiven them. I'm not the type of person to hold grudges until I die. I only live once, I won't spend it cursing and hating on people. In Soohyuk's case, he'll probably be sorry for the rest of his life. So I grabbed my phone and called him,

 

 

"Hello?"

 

 

"Whazz up!"

 

 

"Jiyong? Holy !"

 

 

I chuckled.

 

 

"What's up, man."

 

 

"Where are you? You're already discharged a month ago!"

 

 

"I'm at my villa. Resting. Military took all my energy out! You know that!"

 

 

"I know damn well dude!"

 

 

Oh, I forgot. We're kind of friends again, not strangers, atleast. His military enlistment was moved a year after mine due to his new drama. So when he was enlisted, we got to see each other again in the base.

 

 

"Having a break?"

 

 

"Yes. 10 minutes left. Tell me the reason why you called."

 

 

"I've read your letter."

 

 

"Letter? Ah, the one I sent to you before you left?"

 

 

"Right."

 

 

"I've written that long ago. What's inside.. still exists." he paused, "I still feel sorry. Even more sorry because we're friends now again. How you've easily forgiven me."

 

 

"It wasn't easy! And who the told you we're friends again? Bastard."

 

 

I heard him slightly gasped. I tried to hold my laughter but failed because I can imagine his shocked experession in my mind.

 

 

"Kidding, dude. Already forgiven."

 

 

"I almost died." He laughed too, "I'm really sorry, G."

 

 

"I know. You've been saying that for months. I'm getting tired of you!" I joked.

 

 

He laughed again. "I knew you'd say that. Is that all?"

 

 

"Actually, no. Taeyeon.." I glanced at the other letter that was on the table, "She also sent me a letter."

 

 

Taeyeon.

 

 

It's been so long since I've said her name. So long that I almost forgot it too.

 

 

When Soohyuk and I met again the first time, I let him talk about how sorry he was, and everything about Taeyeon's latest condition. After that, we never talked about Taeyeon again. I've requested Soohyuk to do that; to not mention it anymore. It's easier to forgive and forget when we don't always remember those things.

 

 

"Really? I didn't know she did."

 

 

"Yeah. I'm afraid to open it, though."

 

 

"I thought you're already done with the army?! Man up, G!" he chuckled, "It's just a letter... well not.. just.. a.. letter.."

 

 

 

"...It's a letter from Taeyeon." I smiled.

 

 

 

"You're right. I'd get nervous too. But Jiyong–" he stopped when someone yelled from the background, telling them that their break was over. "I'm hunging up now. Just... G, you've already forgiven her too, right? The real question is.."

 

 

"If we can continue again?" I paused and took Taeyeon's letter in my hand, "I'm hunging up. Take care."

 

 

"Dude, whatever happened, you know we're very sorry. I won't interfere, hence I'll support you both. Because now, all I want is the best for you two. You know that." He sighed. "Thanks, G."

 

 

I put my phone down and traced my fingers on her letter. I sighed and finally opened the seal.

 

 

 

28 July 2018

 

 

Dear Jiyong,

 

 

How are you? Ahhhhh, can I say I miss you? Because I miss you. I miss you. 보고 싶어 지용아. I shouldn't be doing this, right? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

 

 

I beamed.

I miss you too, Kim Taeyeon.

 

 

I'm doing what I've promised to you. I'm eating a lot of foods now! You'll probably be shock if you see me again because I've gained a little weight! You'll probabaly be happy too.

 

 

 

Good for you. I'm very much happy for you.

 

 

 

How's the military training? Is it hard? You can do it! I wish you could visit me after that. I wish. ㅋㅋ

 

 

 

It was hard but I did it.

.

 

 

SooHyuk's been visitng me. Ah, you told him to do that, didn't you? You could have not though, because I can do my promise to you, by myself. But I'm thankful to him too, somehow.

 

 

 

And you told him not to visit you anymore after that, didn't you? Stubborn.

 

 

 

Ji... come back safely, uh? Make more musics. A lot of people misses your musics! I miss them too. ㅜ^ㅜ

 

 

 

 

Music. Of course. New music is on its way soon.

 

 

 

 

And I loved you too. I still do.

 

 

 

I gulped at this part.

Jiyong, how about you?

 

 

 

I didn't say it when we parted because I know it will be hard for the both of us.. because I know we needed this time to let go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter