Confession

For The Better
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

 

 

 

Today, their practice is performed outside in the football field. This time, it is the taekwondo team turn to follow the footballer’s workout regime. For Chaerin, this is good as sometimes they need a breath of fresh air. Aside from that, this is the time for her to reach out to Jimin after being ignored for almost 1 week plus.

“Are you going to be like this?”

Chaerin stands in front of Jimin. Jimin look at her and release a long sigh.

“Chaerin..”

“You’re ignoring me for too long now, Jimin”

“I’m sorry”

Jimin look deeply into her eyes.

“I’m sorry baby, I have been doing a lot of thinking lately..”

“About us?”

Jimin look around and look at his watch, they have 10minutes left for rest. He look at Chaerin and can see her eyes reflecting like crystals. He bites his lips.

“About how big of an I have been to you. Ignoring you like that. I’m sorry baby”

“Yes, you’re.. You’re such an ..”

“I’m sorry”

He pulls her and hug her tightly. Jimin does not care about others who are watching, neither do Chaerin. A pair of eyes is watching intensely from afar and quickly grabs his water bottle, drinking it hastily and throwing it to the ground.

“Yah! Aigoo na chongmal”

Jiyong just look at his friend quickly and brushes his hair.

“Yah.. why don’t you just tell her?”

“Shut up, Youngbae.”

Youngbae, the keeper of the team, a.k.a Jiyong’s best friend shakes his head.

“The longer you wait, the more painful it will be”

“Not my problem.”

“Not your problem? Dude, don’t be like that douche”

“I don’t care”

Youngbae look at Jiyong whose eyes are still glued at the couple.

“Uhuh. Yeah. Keep telling yourself that”

Jiyong turn to look at Youngbae as he start jogging to the field as the rest time finished. Soon, the field is filled once more with the entire athletes occupied with their training session. Jiyong could not focus well at times as his eyes are watching Chaerin whom are filled with joy as she perform the workout.

The session finished after 4 hours of grueling workout and there are only few of the footballers are in the locker room to clean themselves. Most have gone back home.

While dressing himself, Jiyong notice that Jimin is humming happily as he styles his hair in front of the mirror. Jiyong know immediately that he is going out on a date with Chaerin.

“Hey”

Jimin greets him but Jiyong just walk pass him without even looking.

“Would it kill you to say hi back to others?”

Youngbae, who just finished showering, find himself in an awkward situation among the two guys.

“I never heard that socializing with others can shorten anyone’s life span”

Jimin continues with his sarcastic remarks.

“Me too. But I heard that when socializing with an , that ’s lifespan will be shorten”

“What did you say to me?”

Jiyong stands up as Jimin walk to him. Youngbae quickly move in between them to avoid any harmful situation.

“Guys, guys, guyssss… let’s chill.. okay?”

Jiyong and Jimin are having a staring contest while Youngbae is trying to calm both down before anyone gets hurt.

“I don’t know what your problem is, man”

“It’s you”

“Hey”

Youngbae jumps in. He drag Jiyong away only for him to be stumble to the side as Jiyong pull away his hand aggressively.

Youngbae and few of their other team mates are staring at each other. Contemplating on what to do.

 

 

 

 

*********************************

 

 

 

 

“Chaerin!”

Chaerin turn around to the owner of the voice and slaps her forehead.

“. Hyuna, I forgot to tell you about postponing”

Hyuna hurried to her as if she has some big news to tell her. Well, she is. She is ready to spill out any details in accordance to Jimin. After receiving Chaerin’s text, Hyuna is beyond thrill to spill the beans about her boyfriend.

“Postpone? Why?”

“I’m… umm meeting with Jimin”

“Uhhhh, no you’re not”

“Girl”

Chaerin look at her as Hyuna grab her arm.

“Trust me Chaerin, just listen first and you can decide after, if you still wants to meet with Jimin”

“I..”

“Chaerin, maybe you think I want to be up on your about like this. But the thing I despise the most is when someone go behind their partner’s back.”

“Hmm.. okay, let’s talk at the café”

Chaerin and Hyuna walk side by side to the café, the opposite of the boy’s locker room.

“Okay. Spill.”

“Sheess, let a woman breath.”

Hyuna make eye contact with one of the waitress to attend to their table. After both of them place their order, she rest her chin on her hand and eye Chaerin attentively.

“Hyuna.. I need you to speak now or just, leave.~”

Chaerin who is getting restless, focus on her phone, waiting for Jimin to call her.

“Chaerin”

Hyuna grabs her phone away.

“Yah”

“You need to focus to what I’m about to say.”

“Fine. I’m all ears, now can you please, tell me things you know that I don’t.”

“Okay”

Hyuna took a deep breath and began telling Chaerin everything. As she was about to continue, the waitress come with their orders and Chaerin’s stomach instantly felt sick after listening to Hyuna. Seeing Chaerin feeling overwhelmed, Hyuna sips on her chocolate shake with troubled eyes, feeling bad for her companion in front.

“Chaerin, I hate to ask this. But do you even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter