I Love You

Chasing Kim Taeyeon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: HI EVERYONE! I know I haven't updated this story in AGES because of writer's block and not knowing where else to go since Taeyeon and Jiyong had a happy ending. So in compensation, I will be writing small epilogues for what happened to our lovely trio in the future! Thank you to all my suscribers, who stuck with me for so long and so far, despite having had me disappear for the past two or one year or so. 

This is for all of you :3

 

~~~~

Kim Eun-yeon knew from the very beginning that Kwon Jiyong was not her biological father, even if her parents had made the effort to change her last name to Jiyong’s own last name to avoid complications.

 

It wasn’t something difficult for someone like her to figure out.

 

After all, her memories of Jiyong were blurred from the age of three, where she clearly remembered being carried onto an airplane by her mother to fly to Korea.

 

And that surgery that left a running scar on her chest.

 

All in all, Kim Eun-yeon knew that Kwon Jiyong was not her father, and that she barely minded.

 

At least, until her little brother was born.

 

Not that Jiyong treated them any differently. He still loved her intensely, brought her out for father daughter picnics, tickled her till she couldn’t breathe...but still, there was something missing in the fifteen year old teen’s life as she watched him ruffle Jimin’s hair. Her seven year old brother scowled, swatting his tiny hands at Jiyong’s own before hurrying to dart behind her own legs.

 

“Noona!” Eun-yeon squatted down to pull her half brother into her lap, grinning lightly at Jiyong’s direction as he pouted and huffed, before winking and absconding to the kitchen where her mother was cooking. Jimin was their miracle baby.

 

All of theirs.

 

After all, she had a hand in creating the serum that would help temporary heal her mother’s uterus scars.

 

A horrifying thought had streaked through Eun-yeon’s mind when her father had shown her the ultrasound of her mother’s scarred uterus as part of the homework project he had crafted to challenge her cognitive abilities.

 

What if, she was a product of that had resulted in that abnormal scarring in her mother’s belly?

 

What if, she was the one that had no reason to be in this world, because she was the stain of a past that her mother never deserved to remember?

 

Eun-yeon started as Jimin’s cold little hands slapped against her cheeks happily.

 

“No, Minnie. Stop it.” She captured her brother’s little fingers quickly, chuckling as the little boy pouted adorably, the mess of his curly head trembling slightly as he huffed.

 

“Are you upset?” Eun-yeon’s eyes fell to her intuitive brother. All four of them were unbelievably intuitive to all kinds of things, no matter if it concerned cognitive abilities or emotional capabilities.

 

Perhaps it was the fact that genius ran in their family--because neither Jimin and her were sent to normal schools.

 

Their intellect had preceded what kids their age usually would learn and do, and hence they were homeschooled.

 

By Jiyong, since their mother was working.

 

And of course, not to mention their Aunts and Uncle, with their mother occasionally pitching in to help.

 

Eun-yeon grinned slightly as her brother toyed with the plastic bracelet on her hand, peering curiously at the new contraption she had created days before.

 

“No, I’m not upset, Minnie.”

 

“Liar.” Her brother stood immediately, placing his tiny hands on his hips as he frowned at her. “Your face is all scrunched up!”

 

Eun-yeon chuckled at the little adultish face her brother put on.

 

“Its nothing.”

 

“Nothing’s nothing.” Her brother declared righteously, with his little chest puffed out. “Tell me!”

 

“Well...I think that I may have a different daddy from you, Minnie.”

 

A delicate frown adorned Jimin’s precocious face immediately.

 

“A different daddy? But you were here before me!”

 

“Well, I met Dad when I was three.” She chuckled as her brother’s mouth dropped open in surprise. “And I think my real daddy may not be a nice daddy at all. Thats what’s troubling me.”

 

“Do you want to find out who he is though?”

 

Eun-yeon swallowed tightly, too dry.

 

“Yes.” She whispered, smiling gratefully at her little brother as he placed his hands comfortingly in her own.

 

“I can be sneaky for you?” He offered innocently. “Mama keeps her secret things in a cupboard. I can pick it for you.”

 

“No no.” Eun-yeon laughed, ruffling the top of his head. “I have a very good idea of who he is already.” After all, she’d realised from the age of seven that there was a man that had tailed Jiyong and her picnics, with tears in his eyes every time that she had laughed gayly with her father, and he with her.

 

A little digging told her that he was a disowned mafia heir, called Byun Baekhyun.

 

While she wasn’t sure why he kept crying and tailing them, Eun-yeon was quite sure that it was related to the issue of her mother’s terrifying nightmares that she would get on a particular day of the year.

 

“Yeon? Care to tell me what I found in your room?” The smack of her secret files on Byun Baekhyun fell onto the table top as Jimin scrambled away, clearly frightened by the sudden fierce anger emanating from their mother’s petite figure. “Why are you researching on Byun Baekhyun?”

 

“Because I think he’s my father.” Eun-yeon raised her determined eyes to bore into Taeyeon’s own. “And because I have reason to believe he’s the one causing your nightmares and the reason for my existence.” She said fiercely, her hands clenching into fists at her sides. “I want to know for myself without you having to relive everything by telling me.” Taeyeon reared back abruptly at her words, tears springing into her beautiful eyes as Jiyong came from the kitchen, a worrying frown etched on his face.

 

“There’s a reason why we never told you anything, Yeonnie.” Eun-yeon accepted the light ruffled on her head that her father gave her comfortingly, clenching her teeth to prevent tears from spilling down her face.

 

“I know!” Her voice cracked. “But I can’t stand guessing if I came from someone as vile as him, I can’t stand knowing deep down inside that I’m a product of something undesirable!” She shouted, dashing away her tears as moved away from her parents.

 

“Kwon Eun-yeon!” Her mother’s rageful but equally distressed scream already told Eun-yeon what she refused to let herself believe. Her eyes watered disastrously as Jimin clung to her leg, visibly silent and morose as he tried to comfort her to no avail.

 

“How could you do this behind my back?” Pain filled Taeyeon’s eyes as Jiyong ran his arm up and down her back, trying futilely to comfort her. “After all I’ve done for you!” Eun-yeon choked back a sob, untangling a protesting Jimin from her legs and fleeing to her room, the door slamming shut with a loud bang behind her.

 

~~~

It was around five

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter