Farewell Hands

Farewell Hands

I look at my phone as my phone ring, telling me that there's a new message. It was from Lya, I read her message.

'June, open your whatsapp asap! It's urgent!'

I turn on my mobile data and open my whatsapp. There were 3 new messages, and one of it from Lya.

Lya : Junie June you're there?
Me : yeap I'm here. Wae?
Lya : you need to hear this! Like seriously!
Me : okay.....?

Lya send me a song. I download the song she send me.

Me : what's that?
Lya : vixx's new song!!
Me : vixx? Oh I see
Lya : what the hell?!
Me : -- whatttt
Lya : hear it! It's really good I swear.
Me : I'll listen to it later, ok?
Lya : yeah I don't care sooner or later but you better hear it. I know you like ballad songs so I think you'll like this song hehe ^^
Me : okay I will

Jeez, Kang Lya! Always excited everytime vixx make a come back. She's the first one who will download vixx's song and send it to everyone every-single-time. Promoting vixx was like her side job. She even forced me to hear to vixx's song like love letter, remember, beautiful liar, thank you for being born, etc. I can't list how much vixx's song I have heard because of her. I don't even know what does she see in vixx --

Okay I'm not hating vixx. It's just, I can't like vixx like how Lya like them. Maybe it was because I used to know one of vixx's member, and it was a memory that I don't want to remember.

★★★★★★

I stretch my body after I finished my work. Finally! I've been working on it since last week. I just need to send it to my professor and all my work will done. I grab my phone to check my notifications. Nothing much happened while I'm busy.

suddenly, I remember Lya's message yesterday. I plug in my earphone and play the music that Lya send.

Farewell Hands - VIXX

I'm sorry
I don't feel anything
When I hold your hand, when we hold hands together

I'm lonely
It's weird that I'm lonely
When I'm with you, when I'm with you

We changed
We used to be clear and now we're blurry
We are over
It was just the two of us who didn't know it

My heart doesn't jolt anymore
I'm tired of dullness and everything seems pointless
I've gotten bored after our honeymoon period
I learned that I'm a guy who can be affected by it

We grew fond of each other for no reason
Our breakup came without a warning too, like today
It came like it's to be expected

You did nothing wrong
No there's nothing to fix
I'm sorry eh eh
Forgive me eh eh

We're like a cut tree branch
You and I right now

We are cooling down
Even your hot hand is cooling down
We are walking differently too
Leaving behind promises without lies

I'm sorry
I'm not confident anymore
I can fool you
But I didn't want to fool myself

I'm lonely
The longer I try to hold out I'm lonelier
I don't know if it's because of you
Or because of me

We changed
We used to be clear and now we're blurry
We are over
It was just the two of us who didn't know it

We are cooling down
Even your hot hand is cooling down
We are walking differently too
Leaving behind promises without lies

Love was, from the beginning,
Cruel to me
It secretly prepared our breakup without my knowledge

It comes to me like it's my fault
It pushes me
And makes me see my cowardly side

I'm sorry
I don't feel anything
When I hold your hand, when we hold hands together

I'm lonely
It's weird that I'm lonely
When I'm with you, when I'm with you


The lyrics makes my tears fall down unconciously. The memory that I've forget and didn't want to even think about being replayed in my head.

★~★~★~

"Ravi? You're here?" I asked as I walked in my house and saw Ravi sitting on the couch. It's been three weeks since I last saw him, I was kinda shocked seeing him here, in my house. Ravi's been really busy lately, since he joined vixx. It was hard to see him even once in a month. His face looks like something's been bothering him.

"You should tell me if you wanna come. I could clean up or even cook beforehand" I take a sit beside him.

Ravi look at me with an empty face. "June, I have something to tell you" I felt like he's going to say some bad news. I have a bad feeling about what's going to come later. Ravi was always cheerful. Seeing him being this serious makes me feel... worried? Does his company ask him to broke up with me?

"What is it?" I asked

"I've been thinking about you lately, about us, about our relationship" He look at my face, and grab my hand. Seconds later, he sighs, "I think we should end our relationship"

I push his hand away, "What?"

"I'm feeling lonely... and empty"

"You have me, don't you?" I don't know what's wrong with him. If he have problems, he should tell me. I could help him like how I used to. But then, I realised we're too far away and didn't talk too much with each other lately. I didn't even know what's bothering him. For the first time, I felt like I have failed as his girlfriend.

"That is the problem. I have you but I don't know why, I felt more lonely whenever I think about it. I can fool you by saying I love you every day but I can't fool myself. I feel nothing. I feel empty about our relationship. It would be really cruel to you if I continue this realtionship" what does he mean by he feel lonely? Does he getting bored of me?

I take a deep breath and ask him, "Ravi... what are you trying to say? What I did wrong for you to break up with me? Tell me. I can fix it"

"No, it's not about what you've done wrong. You have nothing to fix. You're perfect. Seriously, it was all my fault. It's just me. I don't feel anything anymore when I'm with you. June..... I'm sorry"

"Ravi..."

"Think about it. I haven't contact you for two weeks and you're okay with that? Typical girlfriends would go crazy if it happen to them, but you're so cool about it. I guess you felt the same thing as me. I'm not important to you like how I used to, didn't I?"

I stay silent, think about Ravi's words. It's true. We haven't contact for two weeks and along that time I only think about him for two or three times. I was busy with my own things. I didn't ask whether he's okay or have he eaten.

Our hearts have grown apart. We stop care about each other, I guess? I was busy with my school's life while Ravi busy with his career. We haven't spend time together anymore like we always do. I didn't realize it. We haven't been there for each other for a long time that we stop notice little thing that have changed between us.

I couldn't say anything as I agreed with all his words. Ravi stand up, I followed him. His phone rang. He look at me with a guilty look.

"I'm sorry. Take care, June" he hug me for one last time. "and thank you for everything" he whispered. I nodded. And that was the last time I saw him.

★★★★★★

I wake up as I felt something soft covering my body. I guess I fall asleep. Seungcheol look at me with a worried face, "did I woke you up?"

I didn't say anything but look at him "Are you okay? you're crying in sleep. Something bothering you?" what is wrong with me? I cried? Seungcheol take a sit beside me.

"I did?" I asked him back. He nodded.

I hug him. He's shocked at my sudden behavior, but hug me back seconds later.

"I miss you, and I love you" I look at his eyes. He laugh hearing my sudden confession "why are you being so cheesy? And for your information I haven't been gone for long. It's only been like... four hours?"

I hug him tighter this time, "promise me you won't forget me, or even get bored of me"

He look at me again, with a worried face, "baby are you okay?" I say nothing as I look at him, waiting for his answer. He smiled and patted my head, then kiss my cheek, "I won't. And I love you too"