Can't Help It

Can't Help It
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jimin loved amusement parks, he couldn’t get enough of the thrill of the rides. Whether it was one with loops and steep drops, simulated rides or ones that you just spun yourself in circles until you were silly. However, he hated lines. Waiting in lines took so much time when all he wanted was to be all the way at the top of that fifteen foot drop. Lines always inched along by half a centimeter and it just felt like you were going nowhere.

 

“Ugh, this why I told you to be ready by 7:30 Tae.”

 

The man standing next to Jimin ignored his grumbles and kept his dumb grin plastered on his face.

 

“It’s fine, Jimin-ah. The line is actually moving pretty quickly.” Just as he said that they were able to take another step forward. His words only earned him a glare and a few more whines about how hot it was.

 

“There’s even sweat, TaeTae. Sweat! I don’t sweat.” The taller man just chuckled, thoroughly amused by his friend’s misfortune. The line was pretty packed but luckily people seemed to keep it to a maximum of only three people wide and no one seemed to be cutting. It was just the middle of summer and the sun was blazing strong and sure down upon them.

 

An odd sensation had been nagging at the raven haired boy, who had wished he managed to put his fringe up so at least it wouldn’t be sticking to his face right now. Glancing around, Jimin finally found the perpetrator. They locked eyes but just as quickly, the much taller man looked away. As the line continued to not move, but mere centimeters every ten minutes or so, Jimin had caught the guy two more times. It was to the point that the last time he didn’t let it go. Instead he continued to stare at guy whose ears were beat red and cheeks were a bit pink. He wasn’t sure if this was due to the heat of the sun or the heat of embarrassment for being caught.

 

Bowing his head slightly, the guy apologized,

 

“Sorry, I’m not doing it on purpose. I swear.”

 

Jimin stared at him for a minute longer. Taking in his features, the guy had a long face but nice cheekbones and was a little more tan than Jimin generally preferred but, hell, it was the middle of summer and he was sure after today he’d be more tan than he preferred. The almond shaped eyes held dark brown pupils similar to his own but there was a gentleness in it that Jimin really had a hard time continuing to be annoyed with. To which he nodded and looked away. Focusing back on Taehyung who was telling him about the awesome kill he made on Overwatch last night and that Jimin should have played so he could have seen it in live action.

 

“You know I at that game. Why would I torture myself?”

 

“I can teach you!”

 

“I think I’ll pass.” Overwatch was a cool game but it just wasn’t for Jimin. Taehyung however, really just wanted a buddy to play with as if his online friends weren’t enough. He would just never understanding. That niggling at the back of his neck was there again. Sighing he turned around and immediately caught and held the same guys gaze. Letting him know that he noticed yet again. Why did he keep looking at him? Was there something on the back of his shirt that he didn’t know about? Did a bird poop on his head and he oddly couldn’t feel it? Like, really, what the hell was going on.

 

“I think that guy is staring at you.” A whisper next to Jimin’s ear was heard and he just smacked his friend with his hand in the chest.

 

“Tae, I’m literally looking at him right now. No, duh he’s staring at me.” He wanted to shake his head but instead he raised an eyebrow to ask the blonde man who couldn’t sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter