I Must Be Going Crazy

The Curse of the Phoenix Beads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before you knew it, another week had passed since you saw those beautiful shooting stars. Although you almost died while escaping them with Jungkook you secretly longed to see them again. They were absolutely beautiful. You were indeed captivated.

Jungkook kept walking even though his legs were extremely tired. The lantern festival was in a week and he had to be back home before then. But he hadn’t obtained the mushrooms and in order to make a better living for Aunt Minseo and himself, he had to leave Mt. JingShen with them in his possession.

The sun peaked from behind the clouds and a warm ray of sunlight beamed on Jungkook. He looked back and saw you trailing behind him. Although you were tired, you were as determined as he was to get your hands on the life-saving mushrooms. Failing was not an option; however, you were starting to feel weak. Especially since you haven’t eaten for days.

Your body was dirty and your clothes were dusty. You and Jungkook had been traveling nonstop since you could remember and all you really wanted was a good meal and a warm bath.

“There’s water,” Jungkook stated and like a deer your ears perked and your morale sprang in happiness. Jungkook led you both to a small stream. The water bashing against the pebbles were as clear as crystals in the light. The scent of the air around you were the smell of newly blossomed peach trees although, not a single peach blossom was in sight. You inhaled loudly and smiled. When you crouched down and cupped a handful of water, you splashed its cool refreshing feel onto your face and drank some in the process. You noticed Jungkook wasn’t even interested in the water. He was washing his sword!

“Really?” You retorted and made a face out of bewilderment. Jungkook looked at you and caught himself in awe. His eyes, like glue, stared at you without a word.

Jungkook looked at the wet strands of hair that clung to your face. He gazed at the water droplets that caressed your lips and dripped from your chin. Your eyes were glistening under the temperate sun. Your skin, although battered from traveling, was glowing and your scruffy hair tucked in a bun burnished with highlights of red. Every time you blinked your lengthy wet eyelashes batted making Jungkook feel uncomfortable in his masculine skin.

“It’s all an illusion, I must be going crazy,” Jungkook recited firmly and looked away.

“What?” You questioned, made a face, and quickly went back to washing your hands in a jolly manner.

After a long moment of silence Jungkook broke the quietness, “I think we’re almost there, the mountain seems to be leveling out,”

“I hope so, you’ve said that three times in the past two days,” you replied while you cupped more water in your hands and drizzled water onto a flower bud growing at your feet. Shifting your voice to a happier and aegyo tone you stated, “Drink some water little flower. Oh my, you must be thirsty. Tell me, who decided to plant you here alone? You must bloom well.”

Although your voice irked Jungkook he couldn’t help but smirk. He had never heard you speak that way since he met you. Your character reminded him you were indeed a girl. He looked around and realized you were right. There really were no other flower buds around.

After you watered the flower bud it bloomed open before your eyes. You smiled and looked over to share the news with Jungkook to only see him gone. You looked around and stood up in confusion.

Jungkook saw you turn invisible in front of him and reached to grab your arm but got nothing. You were suddenly out of his sight. He called your name and looked around to observe his surroundings. Where did she go?

“Jungkook? J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter