Final.

You're sorry?

Kris is alone, like he always is. Always would be. Sure, he had his friends now but the problem is in his own.

Kris thinks his friends and him deserved to live again, far better than now.

He probably should have heard the knock on the door before it came, should have heard footsteps or something instead of having been staring down at his clothes scattered in his room and books with words that wouldn't process in his mind. Except he hadn't and now he was left to stare at it, see if he could try and figure out who it was - but who ever actually came here willingly other than himself? Kris frowned at the thought before pushing himself onto his feet and walking over, hesitating for a moment before giving in and pulling it open.

What he hadn't expected on the other side was exactly the thing there: Tao. Kris didn't know what to do, gaped at him for longer than what he should have as Tao only stared back, fingers twitching at his sides before hiding them up into the sleeves of his sweater.

"Tao..." He said slowly, unsure of what he was meant to be doing, saying. They'd barely had a conversation since he left him in the worse way possible, something he knew and still cringed at the memory of, and whenever he'd tried to apologize for it since, Suho had always been around the corner to drag Tao away from him.

"How could you?" The younger hissed at him, words venomous and Kris shouldn't have been surprised by it. But he still continued to gape at him when he started ranting, eyes lightning dangerously.

"Why do you hate me so much? Why do you have to leave? Because what good am I? How long have I been with you, how long have I never left you?! But no, I'm the useless one. Was the useless link because you-- You got rid of me, like I was nothing!"

As Tao's words started rising in volume, he started moving towards him before he was driving his fists against Kris's chest. Ignoring as Kris took it like he knew he should, because he deserved it. Deserved more of this.

"Nothing better than trash! And-- And, how dare you, Wu Yifan! I never done anything to you, I was never anything but loyal to you. I never left like anyone did!" Kris flinched and Tao finally stopped to look at him, eyes narrowed still. "I was always here when you needed me and you just abandoned me. And the way that you done it--"

It took him a minute to realize that Tao was sobbing, breaking down in front of him, and it twisted Kris from the inside-out to realize that this was all because of him. His fault, again. He made his Tao, his, cry again.

"I'm-- I'm so sorry, Tao." He mumbled, words barely there even with their hearing. But he meant them, hadn't meant anything more over the last few months. "I'm sorry."

"You're sorry?" Tao laughed and a part of Kris wished he never had to hear that sound again. But instead he swallowed the thought down and stared at Tao, didn't repeat himself because there was no point. "After all this time and you're-- You're sorry?!"

His fist collided with Kris's chest again before his fingers curled into the fabric of his tshirt and his face pressed into it, sobs shaking his shoulders. His eyes closed, head shaking. "I ing hate you." He mumbled, cried against his henley and Kris only nodded, ignored the blip in the younger's heart. "I ing hate you so much."

"I know." Kris murmured, face pressing against the top of Tao's hair. Because he should have, was meant to even though he didn't. Kris didn't understand why he didn't. It was only when he wrapped his arms around the younger that he felt lips against his neck; warm, wet and desperate as he continued to mumble words against his skin that neither of them heard.