Sequel

Meeting You

Moonbyul and Wheein were visiting Wheein’s grandmother for Christmas. Both were happy and contented being there. The three of them were having fun playing, then everything changed when they suddenly found themselves in an emergency room. Things happened way too fast. They were already sent up to her designated room hospital then a second passes and things became utterly chaos. 

 

A long agonizing scream was heard all throughout the hallway of a hospital shocking all of the people who heard and all somberly felt a wave of anguish. A sobbing mess of a girl was sitting on the side of a bed holding a hand that is rapidly becoming more and more cold as time passes. 

 

Doctors and nurses came barging in the room and rushed towards the unmoving body lying on the bed in hopes that they will still be able to revive the woman. They tried and tried but was met with a heart wrenching monotone sound.

 

“The time of death is... 4:30 pm,” the pale doctor announced. In that moment the girl felt her world came crashing down.

 

She stood there, almost lifeless, sobbing loudly, having been pulled painstakingly away from the limp body, staring and just staring with the numbing constant beep ringing in her ears.

 

Nothing and no one can make her leave the place she once shared and lived with the  now deceased woman. Her passing was like a concrete falling on her. Body slumped as if her heart became too heavy for her to even carry. She lost the light in her eyes. She became a hollow shell. 

 

She was there for her. She has always been there for her; now that she is not and never will be broke her in more ways than she could ever imagined. She doesn’t even know if she could ever be herself again now that she was gone. Never to be seen and never to be heard from. 

 

Here she was again in front of a coffin, yet, this time is different. This time she is on her knees crying her eyes out until no more tears come rolling down her cheeks. People around her kept comforting her, and yet, it was like she was underwater, drowning no one to reach out to and no one to keep her stay afloat. 

 

She went home that day when SHE is already buried 6 feet under. Her insomnia worsening and her food intake decreasing ever since the day it happened. She kept reminiscing what happened when SHE gave in and lost her battle. Until now, she can hear the resounding noise and the images still come to her whenever she closes her eyes. 

 

 

“You know.... wherever she went, she will always be here with you as long as she’s in your heart, she will be here guiding and making sure you are protected” a voice by her side stated startling her. 

 

“I’m here Wheein-ah, you are not alone in this” the lady held Wheein’s hand tightly and pecked the back of it.

 

“I did tell her I would be here for you whenever she’s ready and we made a promise that if I didn’t take care of you she will rise from the dead and beat the crap out of me” cracking a smile to lighten up the mood. Fortunately, it was able to make Wheein bend over laughing. That woman would definitely say something like that. 

 

“There it is, that silly laugh that I’ve been missing” Wheein thankfully grinned towards this beautiful, wonderful and amazing lady by her side and she was thankful that she found herself an angel to be there for her through hard times and she knew she was not the only one thankful for her presence. 

 

As Wheein look beside her she realized that this lady was there with her in the hospital room hugging her tightly. Witnessing the scenes right in front of her eyes. She was there with her in the house, taking care of it and her. She was there giving a comforting embrace whenever wheein would crumble to her feet. She was there making sure that wheein is well fed and made sure she was still sleeping even for only half an hour. She was there to chase away those nightmares with soft cuddles. She was there before this happened and she is here now. 

 

With tears yet again filling her eyes, Wheein let herself pounce the girl and hug her feeling grateful and loved.

 

“Thank you Byul unnie for everything, for taking care of my grandmother and me. Thank you for just being here beside me and never leaving”.

 

“You know what they say once you Wheein you can never Wheeout” Byul confidently said with matching wink ( a failed one really but that’s okay she tried and was cute anyway, Wheein internally shrugged).