My sixth mistake

Space Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My sixth mistake, spending time with the lot of puppies.

***

Namjoon sighs as he takes a bite of his cupcake. "So much work to do," he complains, a hand writing and transferring notes from books spread out on the table to his notebook. 

"Eat properly, Namjoon," Jin scolds as he slaps the busy hand and gives the boy half the food on Jimin's tray. 

Jimin shouts in dismay. "Hyung! You can't just get my food! If you want to share some to Namjoon hyung so bad then share yours." 

"I need mine more than you do," Jin explains. Hoseok offers a part of his share to the boy instead. 

"I have a test on both Chemistry and Calculus tomorrow and long reports to prepare for on History," Namjoon scowls as he accepts the food and eats it.

"But we don't have as much assignments as you?" I ask.

"He's on an advanced class on practically all possible subjects." Jin crinkles his nose.

"His fault why he had to be a genius in the first place," Yoongi adds.

"Ooooh, you're cool hyung!" Taehyung says with a large grin. Namjoon only smiles before continuing his work.

The table falls into a comfortable silence. 

The boys were quick to take me back into the group, Taehyung quirked his brows at me when they accepted the not-so-apology apology. (They didn't miss the chance to tease me and Jungkook hopped on it too readily.)

I notice that the loud conversations Jimin, Taehyung and Jungkook usually headed was much more subdued this lunch. 

Jungkook on the other side is silently chomping on his food, cheeks bloating. Taehyung, instead of laughing out loud, chuckles softly as he continues whatever conversation he has with Jimin. Yoongi was fast asleep on his seat, Namjoon furiously scribbling down information beside him. Jin steals some more food from Hoseok's tray while the latter only tuts at the act. 

They must have kept quiet for Namjoon to focus easily. I smile at the thought. 

They weren't bad at all.

I finish eating and decide to wait for Taehyung before putting the tray aside. The scene of students clad in their white shirts and dark blue trousers and skirts chattering in their own long white tables against the beige walls of the cafeteria had become too familiar. "I wanna go out," My subtle sigh catches the boys' attention.

"Then let's!" Taehyung's smile was way too big and I knew I wanted out.

"Don't cause trouble for the others, Tae. Torturing me is enough."

"I really wanna to to the mall later though!" Taehyung whines.

Jimin bobs his head and says, "They say there's a special discount going over the place today!"

Jin bolts up in his seat and destroys the quiet bubble around the table. "Is that true? I needed to buy that big Mario plushie sometime ago but it cost way too much."

"Aeraaa," Taehyung pulls on my left arm and presses his still violet tinted chin on my shoulder, his round eyes a deadly combination with his pouting red lips. "Let's go, please?"

I cough and try to find a decent excuse. I look in front and see Namjoon pausing from his work. "Taehyung, the others are busy." I cautiously pry his hand off my arm. "Namjoon has a ton of stuff to do and don't forget that Ms. Park has given you an additional assignment after dozing off her class."

The boys who had put their gazes on me transfer it onto Namjoon, unspoken plea obvious on their sparkling eyes and downturned mouths.

Namjoon sighs and puts down his pen. "Let's see and find out what happens." He smirks and everyone cheers.

I gape at the supposedly most intellectual person out of the group.

***

"I'm dying," I groan. 

Frustrated, I face Taehyung with a tired face. "You spend too much time picking between two similar shirts. What are you even?"

"Not you, that's for sure," Taehyung replies, eyes still stuck between a plain white button up shirt with pink collars and another black shirt with silver edges. I make an act of punching him and he hurries away.

Yoongi was at the entrance of the store, playing on his phone, Taehyung now asking for Jimin's opinion, eyes narrowing as he decides which of the shirts were better. Namjoon and Jin were ruffling the pastel colored clothes at the other side, Hoseok just skipping around while Jungkook occupied the only seat available beside me. 

I needed rest. They drain too much of my energy.

I unconsciously lean to the sides, my folded arm on top of Jungkook's hair, head supported by said arm. I could feel the boy jolt up underneath and I grumble. "Deal with it. Unless you'd rather have me sitting on you."

He stays silent and I determine it as an okay.

I could feel myself drowsing in and out of reality when Jimin and Taehyung's rising argument of 'which shirt would suit Taehyung's skin tone better' got to me. "For goodness sake, just buy the two, Tae!" I answer blocking my ears.

"Oh." The store goes quiet. "Right!"

We go out, both shirts stored in a bag Taehyung held, Jungkook with a faint rosy complexion and Yoongi giving me knowing glances.

***

"Hyung, I'm hungry," Taehyung abruptly whines after half an hour of visiting different shops, bags of our purchases on our hands.

"Hi hungry, I'm Jin." He proceeds to laugh out loud while all of us decide to react as if we heard nothing. We enter and sit at the only empty table right at the center. I sp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter