My third mistake

Space Between Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My third mistake, thinking I could get away with it. 

***

I didn't realize that boy had been a popular figure in school.

The last scandal I had involving Taehyung cost me rude gossips and glares from random girls. But with the event from last night spreading wildfire across the institute, threats from both boys and girls shocked me. Just what was with this kid that practically the whole student population fawned over? 

I walk towards my locker, unbothered with the attention I got from those in the hallways. I'm not scared. I don't even care. Threats were only words and often weren't accompanied with action. However, that doesn't stop me from shooting them a nasty glare. I snort after a girl turns her face away from mine in a flinch when I caught her giving me a rude once-over. Amateurs.

I see Taehyung hiding a smile beneath his hand as he leans against the locker next to mine. I greet him with a fist to his shoulder. He doubles up in pain.

"You little . I saw your sneaky face when it all happened. You planned it didn't you," I say. There was no need to ask the question. The answer was already clear. That was probably why he had acted so strange the entire night. From exchanging clothes to leaving me at the 2nd level of the house to not driving me home after the hour was up to accidentally bumping me out of balance. I give him a blank stare.

Taehyung bursts out into laughter with one look at my face. "I-I did hope for something to happen. I just didn't really expect your perfect execution," his laugh grows louder, "and Jungkook to straight up pass out cold."

"And you just had to be your unlucky self and look like a freaking vampire the moment I return!" he shouts out.

He clutches his stomach as he throws his head back in another set of laughter. "Oh, man," Taehyung gasps, a finger wiping a tear on his eye.

I felt a muscle on my jaw twitch. 

He eventually stops when he catches the murderous glare on my face.

"Come here," I order in a soft voice.

He goes against it and instead steps away quickly. "Why?"

I nod my head. "Just come here."

Taehyung shakes his head, arms in front of him in defense. "No, you're gonna hit me."

I spend the remaining few minutes before the next period chasing him around to get in a few punches. 

***

"People should mind their own business," I huff as I slam my tray of food on our table. Taehyung flinches and gives me an innocent grin, a slight bruise growing on his forehead. 

I snort.

"Did you put ice on that?" I gesture to the bruise with my head. Taehyung only stretches his smile wider in response.

I cluck my tongue. "Eat fast, I'm taking you to the clinic after," I say, hurrying my own pace.

"Now that I remember it," I chew more slowly, "Why exactly did you think it was amusing to put me up with Jungkook?"

Taehyung smacks his hands together excitedly, cheeks bloated with food, "Oh! I forgot about that."

"Okay. Listen," he swallows, "I overheard he and his friends talking the day before the party-"

"Tae, you don't overhear conversations. You practically stalk any object of your interest," I deadpan.

His lips form a straight line. "Okay," he admits, "I'd been following Jungkook around this past week."

"Are you sure you're straight?"

Taehyung throws his hands up in the air. "For god's sake, just listen without another word!"

My eyes narrow. 

"...okay?" he asks sweetly.

I roll my eyes.

"So I've been wondering why the guy was a little closed off," he began. "Especially when his friends weren't around him. From the conversation I coincidentally overheard," Taehyung leans closer from the opposite bench, "I found out a very interesting fact."

I blink and put down my spoon and fork.

"And the fiasco yesterday confirmed it!" his smile was the biggest I'd seen yet. 

"What's it about?" I half shrug, not that interested.

"He's afraid of girls."

I stop in the middle of putting a spoonful of food into my mouth. I slam it against the tray, "You're lying."

"It's true!" Taehyung bobs his head with round eyes. "They even spent 50 minutes just to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter