Manipulating Two Hearts

Manipulating The Fate

”Jeongyeon unnie, i told you i'm sorry"

"I will never forgive you from breaking my precious lego house. I did it all for a week and you just broke it all"

"Please unnie, i really am sorry"

Chaeyoung keep pleading to Jeongyeon, Jeongyeon is about to complain more but her phone is ringing. 

”What is it?"

"I miss you, let's meet today"

"Yah, we just met at school this morning" 

"Just come here or i'll break your neck"

"Ugh, fine. Give me an hour, i'll pick you up”

" No, 30 minutes sharp, okay? Bye hon”

”Wait, what?! Yah, Im Nay-”

Chaeyoung glance at her cousin who look more upset now. She get the clue and plan to escape before Jeongyeon throw her anger at Chaeyoung. 

"Chaeyoung”

”What?”

" Do you want me to forgive you right?"

"Uh..."

"Help me break up with Im Nayeon”

This time it's Jeongyeon who pleads to her, she even kneel down and hold Chaeyoung's leg. 

"Yah, unnie. Stop it"

"No, until you agree to help me”

Jeongyeon keep clinging onto Chaeyoung's leg, Chaeyoung move her leg back and forth but Jeongyeon doesn't even move. 

" Pweaty pwease”

"Unnie, your aegyo is gross. Stop that"

"Pwease"

Jeongyeon keep making cute gesture to Chaeyoung until the short girl finally give in. 

"Ugh, okay. Just...stop it! "

"Yay, I love you Son Chaeyoung”

****

Chaeyoung keep glancing on the girl who is sitting alone on the 6th bench park. She keep trying to calm herself and run. She sweats and pretend to act unwell as she suddenly lay her head on the girl that Jeongyeon has describes yesterday. The girl gasps in shock since Chaeyoung suddenly lay on her lap while she was reading her favorite novel.

”Sorry, i feel so dizzy right now. Please forgive me for being rude”

”....uh...you sweat a lot, are you okay?”

”I'll be okay in no time but let me rest for a while here”

”......uh....okay”

Chaeyoung wait for a few minutes before she sit back and thank the short hair girl. 

" Thank you very much, i'm so sorry for suddenly lay on your lap. I have weak heart and i forgot my medicine"

"Oh my, is there anything that i can help you with?"

"Can you, please buy me mineral water? I'm thirsty"

"Alright, just wait here okay?"

Chaeyoung nods and let the girl leave and left her novel beside her. Chaeyoung chuckles as she sees the cover of the book. 

"Penguin? That's cute" 

Chaeyoung look around to see Jeongyeon who supposed to be here right now but she can't find her at all. Chaeyoung's phone suddenly ring,she quickly answer the call from Jeongyeon.

"Yah Son Chaeyoung, where are you?"

"I'm with your girl"

"What are you saying? Nayeon is here with me"

"Wait, what? So who's this girl i'm talking to?"

"You're seducing a complete stranger you pabo"

"Huh? Wait, what? But you told me she will be at the  park"

"Which park are you in?"

"Park near your house of course, unnie"

"Yah, i told you it's the park near her house, not mine. You pabo! Just come here, hurry"

"But....okay, i'll be there in 30 minutes. Don't go anywhere"

Chaeyoung quickly goes to her bike, she pass by the girl who holds the mineral water. Chaeyoung goes away, leaving the girl confused. 

****

"Let's break up"

"Why all of sudden?"

Jeongyeon is walking with Nayeon to their usual spot but Nayeon suddenly say that to her out of nowhere. Jeongyeon feel weird, she supposed to feel happy when Nayeon finally said that instead of her. Something feels off, she doesn't even know how to react.

"I guess we're not fit for each other"

"Nayeon ah, why are you like this? This is just a joke right?"

"I'm being serious here, please breaking up with me" 

"Why? At least give me a reason"

"I'm just thinking what you said back then is true, i'm too demanding. I'm not good for you"

"Is that the reason you want to break up with me? Woah, i can't believe that"

Jeongyeon holds on her hair in frustration, she is lost for words when Nayeon suddenly bow down to her and tell her farewell politely.

*****

Chaeyoung come while panting since she run to Jeongyeon who is looking at her blankly.

"We break up"

"Isn't that good? I don't have to do your plan now"

"I don't know Chaeyoung....."

"You're okay?"

"Why does it hurt, Chaeyoung?"

"Huh?"

"Should i call her and ask her to come back to me?"

"Yah, unnie. You said you wanted to break up with her. What's wrong with you?"

Jeongyeon look at Chaeyoung, she look so lost that she doesn't know what to reply.

"Unnie, just enjoy your single life to the fullest just like what you told me before. Didn't you say it's frustrating to have a girl like Nayeon?"

".....yeah, you are right Chaeyoung...but..."

"Do what you wanna do, unnie. If you still love her tomorrow after you wake up. Then you should chase her and take her back"

Chaeyoung shake her head and leave Jeongyeon to have alone time to think. She just doesn't want to involve with this kind of thing anymore. Love is a frustrating thing for her, and she doesn't want that.

****

Chaeyoung is on track and field, busy practising for the competition next month, she care less about the rumored new pretty manager who will take care of the track and field club. She just focusing on her training and it's all that matter for her.

The new manager bow down politely to the club members who seem amazed with her beauty, she feel shy being look at like that so she quickly goes to visit the other member who is practising to greet her.

Chaeyoung put wet towel on her head as she still panting heavily, running around two times is tiring but she need to do that since she's still on her training. She look down and see her worn out shoes, she keep thinking to buy new shoes when someone suddenly hands her a bottle of water. Chaeyoung open it and drink up while glancing to the familiar girl who smirk at her. She choke and cough as she glance at the girl nervously.

"Son Chaeyoung shi, do you like the water bottle i gave you now?"

"W....Why are you here?"

"Oh, my. I forgot to introduce myself, my name s Myoui Mina. The new manager for the track and field club. Nice to meet you, miss weak-heart-bluff"

"Err, i can explain...."

"Nice try, but i won't fall for it twice"

"I....i want to say sorry to you..."

"Should we start practising again my oh-so-healthy Son Chaeyoung"

"...can you stop mocking me? I told you i'm sorry..."

"Stay on the line, we'll start now"

Mina ignore Chaeyoung who tries to explain about the last time they met. Chaeyoung gulp down nervously, she can sense the trouble already.

****

"Hey, what's wrong with the new manager? She seem too harsh on Chaeyoung only, she keep making her practising her run while letting us to take a rest. It's weirder that Chaeyoung just agree with that without even complaining. She usually the one who say everything bluntly, why she become so quiet when it's about Mina?"

"Maybe they fought, or maybe the manager is her ex who is taking revenge, haha"

"Seriously Dahyun unnie, you need to stop joking around"

"Tzuyu ah, just let them. I'll try to talk to the new manager later"

****

Chaeyoung open her locker and find a new shoes, she glance around and frown as she read the small notes inside the shoe.

'Are you dummy? You surely need a new shoes. Wear them and continue your practice'

"What's wrong with this girl? I just don't get it"

Chaeyoung take off her old shoes and wear the new ones. It's fit perfectly and the color is her taste, Chaeyoung smile slightly.

Meanwhile on the other side of the field, Mina keep fanning on herself she can't take the heat well. Dahyun and Tzuyu approach her and tell her to rest on the shade but Mina keep insisting to stay there to record the score of the track and field members one by one.

Chaeyoung come while wearing her new shoes when Mina suddenly faint in front of her. The members are gathering around but Chaeyoung quickly carries her on her back to the infirmary. Dahyun and Tzuyu exchange glance before telling the rest to continue their practice.

Chaeyoung lay Mina down and quickly call the nurse. Chaeyoung never leave her side though the nurse already tell her to let Mina rest alone.

"You sure you will skip you practice? Didn't you say this is important?"

"I can't leave her just like that, i will continue my practice once she wake up"

"Okay, i'm going to lunch. Call me if you need something Chaeng"

"Thank you, Jihyo unnie"

Chaeyoung is half asleep when she notice Mina hiss in pain while holding on her chest. She pats Mina's cheek to wake her up.

"M..Myoui, i mean Mina, wake up"

"Ugh....my med.....i need my med...."

"Where? Tell me"

Chaeyoung look at her in panic, she keep looking around to find the med for Mina but she doesn't even know what kind of med Mina needs.

"It's....on my bag...ugh"

Chaeyoung run to the field and quickly bring back Mina's bag. She search the bottle of med Mina told her. She give it to her once she found it. Mina drink it and slowly she calm down.

"What kind of med is that?"

"None of your business"

"Yah, are you going to keep treating me like this? I told you i'm sorry"

Mina keep backfacing her and keep quiet. Chaeyoung forcefully turn her around so their eyes meet.

"If you keep being like this i'd rather giving back your present. I don't need them"

".....it's a med for weak heart...."

".....oh"

Chaeyoung look at Mina, she doesn't know what to say so she just sit quietly in the corner.

"Minari, how are you? Do you feel better now?"

Jihyo suddenly come inside the room and greet Mina who is laying down blankly.

"I'm better now, i'll go home early today. I think i need some rest"

Mina sit down and glance at Chaeyoung before she take her bag with her as she walk out of the room.

"I'll send you home"

Chaeyoung walk with her as she keep holding on Mina's arms.

"Hey, i don't need that. I can walk alone by myself"

"I don't care, i insist"

Chaeyoung keep walking with her and tell her teammates that she's going to bring Mina home.

"Okay, take care of our precious manager Chaengie"

Dahyun smile and wave her hand to them. Chaeyoung nods and smile at her.

Chaeyoung look amazed when Mina get inside the van and her driver look so good that he could be an actor instead. She is in the car with Mina while they both keep silent during the way home. Chaeyoung jaw drops once again as they both arrive at Mina's big mansion.

"Gosh, Mina. If you are this rich why are you applying as our manager?"

"It's none of your business"

Mina glare as they both walk inside the house, she stop Chaeyoung from entering her room.

"Wait, i need to tidy up my room first"

Mina quickly come inside her room while Chaeyoung waiting outside. She knock on the door to ask if she can come inside already.

"Yes, you can come in"

"Please excuse me"

Chaeyoung goes inside Mina's spacious room, she keep opening as she feel amazed with it.

"Just sit wherever you want"

"Hmm"

Mina sit down and rest her back on the bedpost, while Chaeyoung sit on the edge of the bed.

"....you're super rich, Mina"

"Yeah"

"Do you need to rest? I will go home if you don't like me being here"

"...Son Chaeyoung"

"Huh?"

"Why did you lie back then?"

"...about that...it's a misunderstanding, i thought you're Nayeon unnie. I was told to seduce her but i thought she was you..."

"Nayeon unnie? You mean Im Nayeon?"

"Do you....know her?"

Chaeyoung ask her nervously. Mina nods softly causing Chaeyoung to groan and facepalm.

"She is my cousin"

"....please don't tell this to her..."

"Why do you want to seduce her?"

"Her ex wanna break up with her but she is afraid to tell the truth so she used me instead"

"Isn't that kinda low? Doing such thing to break up"

"Well, yeah, but it seems her ex doesn't really mean it. She look depressed once they broke up"

"....is it Yoo Jeongyeon unnie?"

"How did you....know?"

"Nayeon unnie sleepover here once they broke up and she keep crying in her sleep calling that name"

"....oh"

Chaeyoung glance at Mina who start to doze off, she help her to lay comfortably on the bed. She can't help but stare at Mina's beautiful face that she unconsciously lean closer.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah....errm, i saw something near your face so...uh"

"You better go home, Chaeyoungie"

"Chaeyoungie?"

Chaeyoung frown as she look at Mina who gasps in shock.

"I mean Chaeyoung shi"

"Jeongnam?

" I'm no longer Jeongnam, I'm Mina now"

"Wow, i don't know you become this pretty. But you certainly have attitude problem here"

Chaeyoung more, Mina keep hiding her face inside the blanket.

"Oh, shut up Chaeyoungie"

"When did you come back to Korea? You never contacted me"

"...two month ago. I'm here to fulfill my promise"

"Huh? What promise?"

"I know you won't remember this, i guess i'm the only one who keep holding onto this promise hopelessly"

Chaeyoung keep thinking about her old day to make her remember about her promise with Mina.

Mina pouts cutely as she feel disappointed with Chaeyoung.

"Just go home already"

"Ah, that promise. I think i remember that"

"Eeehh? Really?"

"Isn't it about we're going to the amusement park? No?"

"I hate you"

"So it's not that?"

"I feel bad for coming back here, i should just apply to the one of US university and have my prom night already"

"You can't do that, i won't allow you"

"It's not like you remember anything about our promise"

Chaeyoung grins widely as she leans closer, Mina look away as her face get so red from the sudden move Chaeyoung made.

"If you become really really pretty, i will take you as my bride"

Mina turn around in shock, Chaeyoung remember that promise.

"I don't know my bride will become this pretty in just few years"

Chaeyoung lift Mina's chin as she examine her face closely.

"Didn't i just hit a jackpot here?"

Mina tries to hide her blushing face under the blanket but Chaeyoung quickly claim her lips. Mina just lay stiffly while Chaeyoung nibble on her lips. Chaeyoung caress her cheek as she kiss Mina more deeper. Mina pulls away and pants.

"Time out. Yah, are you going to kill me? I have weak heart....you need to be gentle with me"

Mina say the last part quietly, almost like a whisper. Chaeyoung chuckles as she kiss Mina lips once again, but this time she goes softer as Mina wrap her arms around Chaeyoung's neck.

****

"Nayeon ah, Im Nayeon"

"What now?"

"Come back to me"

"You sure are annoying Yoo Jeongyeon"

Jeongyeon hold Nayeon by the waist as Nayeon cries. She hug her tight and kiss her shoulder as she rub Nayeon's back.

"Isn't this is what you want? I heard it all you conversation with Chaeyoung because you forgot to end my call back then"

"I did wrong, i miss you. Can we go back to how we used to?"

"You're so bad, Yoo Jeongyeon"

"I'm sorry, i really love you"

Jeongyeon hold Nayeon's face and kiss her gently, she miss her other half that it made her crazy for the past few days.

"You..."

Jeongyeon kiss Nayeon's both eyes and forehead, she cups Nayeon's face with her both hands. Nayeon stop crying but she just stand still as she hesitate to hug Jeongyeon.

"I will make it up, so come back to me okay?"

".....yes"

Nayeon keep blinking as Jeongyeon kisses all over her face, she lost count how many times Jeongyeon kiss her tonight.

"Yah, stop it, Yoo Jeongyeon"

Nayeon whines as she tries to escape from her passionate lover.

****

Yay, finally i can update this oneshot. Hope u enjoy this chapter. Have a nice bootiful day. Haha, jk

See u on my other fics, byeeeeee