Prologue

Fangirl Turned Ghost

 

"You have to see it! I was screaming into a pillow so my family wouldn't wake up," I said to my best friend, holding the phone to my ear.
 
She giggled. "I can totally imagine you doing that, Bomi-yah."
 
"But damn, that fancam was hot."
 
"Is this the one in their concert or the fanmeet?" she actually sounded interested but I knew better.
 
"Eunji! If you were listening to me, you would know!" 
 
"Sorry. It's just that you kept droning on and I blanked out. I mean, yeah I get that Hoya's hot and all but do you know how much times you repeated the line 'he ripped off his shirt and the floor?'" 
 
"Okay, okay, I'm sorry but not really because Lord have mercy on my soul I almost got a nosebleed," Eunji sighed and I knew I was getting annoying. I quickly changed the subject, "Hey, what did we have to get for our history project?" I said as I walked down the busy streets of Hongdae.
 
"Hmm, all we really need right now is the bristol board. Why are you starting it so early anyway? It's not due for another 2 weeks." she asked.
 
"Infinite's having their comeback soon! I want to finish as much homework as I can so I have more time going to their music shows."
 
"Oh right. Well, BEAST was supposed to have theirs but I don't know what happened so I still have a lot of time to prepare."
 
"Why do you have to be a B2UTY, Eunji-ah? If you were an inspirit we could go together," I whined.
 
"I just can't help it if Kikwang won't let me see other guys." I could imagine her shrugging her shoulders.
 
"Keep dreaming," I laughed. 
 
"Why are you talking? At least I'm not in love with an expressionless dude who apparently changes along with the weather."
 
"He is not expressionless! He's an idiot that trips a lot and laughs at random times and even cried when he read a letter his mom gave him. He's just shy okay," I defended my bias, L.
 
"I'm trying to find the video now, you fool." she said and I heard clicking noises in the background as she typed.
 
"It's called Birth of A Family. The one with A Pink and the dogs." I said then accidentally bumped into someone who spilled their drink onto the ground and my shoes.
 
"Oh my god!" I almost swore at the person but when I looked up, an old lady was looking up at me apologetically.
 
"Sorry, child." She patted my shoulder.
 
"No, it's okay! It was my fault I wasn't looking where I was going." I bowed. She smiled and continued walking. I sighed before continuing to the store.
 
"Is everything okay?" Eunji asked.
 
"Yeah, yeah. Just got spilled on, that's all."
 
She laughed obnoxiously. "Thanks for being so nice about it." I grumbled.
 
"Well, I think I've heard of it somewhere before." she ignored me.
 
"Heard of what?" I asked, confused.
 
"Heard of the show! You have short term memory or what?" 
 
"Oh, I think it's on episode 9," I said as I crossed the street, inspecting the damage on my bright green converse. They were covered with tea and my socks were wet. Ugh, I just got them awhile ago.
 
My pessimistic thoughts were disrupted when a loud car horn was blaring near me. Geez, people need to learn to be more patient. Without looking up, I continued walking while shaking my head.
 
"No, it's episode 10, you loser," Eunji said.
 
"I was close though."
 
Then I heard people shouting. 
 
"Lady, move! What are you doing?!"
 
I finally looked up and the last thing I saw were a pair of headlights before getting engulfed in pitch blackness and intense pain.