Intro I: Fall for You

Miscalculations and Missed Shots

"Yo, Mingyu!"

A guy with slanted eyes skipped his way towards his tall friend in the middle of a bustling hallway. Said tall friend slowed his walk and turned his head a bit to catch a glimpse of the one calling his name. He sent a smile to his shorter friend in a nonverbal greeting.

"What's up, Soon?" Mingyu asked.

"Just catching up to you so we can walk together to the cafeteria," the guy called Soon said.

"You don't exactly walk with me to the cafeteria unless you want to copy my notes and you want to tell me about it," Mingyu snickered.

They still fell in steps together despite Mingyu's attempt at shading his friend. The echoes of their shoes clacking against the floor were unheard because there were too many people in the same place.

Soon gasped. "You think so lowly of me!"

"Any words coming out of my mouth would be pure honesty." Mingyu rolled his eyes.

The shorter seemed to be thinking for a few seconds before he huffed.

"I suppose you're right," he said in defeat, "but I guess I do have a reason for walking with you to the cafeteria."

They walked down the stairs to the first floor.

"Explain," Mingyu ordered.

"There's a new kid in our year."

"Oh? And this is of my concern because...?"

Soon rolled his eyes as they took a right at the end of the hallway.

"Stop acting like a bad guy, I swear to God. I just thought you'd want to know since you seem to befriend everyone in our year," Soon explained.

"Touché, Kwon Soonyoung. I'll look for him when I'm not busy." Mingyu smiled.

"Whenever are you busy?" Soonyoung questioned.

"I mean, I have school and homework and basketball practise? Does that not make me busy?"

"Then I'm just as busy as you, ."

Soonyoung opened the cafeteria door for the both of them when they reached the location. At least eighty percent of the school population crowded the place, but the two friends didn't need to worry of not getting any seats. They had their seats 'reserved' by the basketball team, in which of course, they were a part of.

"Hey guys!" a guy with long hair beamed an angelic smile from their table.

That one must be Yoon Jeonghan, the resident devil in an angel's disguise. He's a senior where Soonyoung and Mingyu were his juniors. Any sane person looking at Jeonghan would think that he's attractive to some extent. Any sane friend of his would know how much of a deceitful thought that was. At least he's good in basketball.

"Hey hyung!" Soonyoung chirped.

"Where's Seungcheol hyung?" Mingyu asked.

Seungcheol was the captain of the team and he's also in his senior year. When he graduated, the title would be given to Mingyu since Mingyu was deemed decent enough to be Seungcheol's successor.

"He's in the library," Jeonghan answered.

Mingyu raised a brow at that and Soonyoung just grinned.

"He's weird," Mingyu remarked, "Is he going to go to this afternoon's practise?"

"But of course." Jeonghan smiled.

Soonyoung shrugged. "We're going to get some food, see you later."

Then he proceeded to usher Mingyu towards where the cafeteria offered different kinds of food.

They picked their own preferred food before paying, all the while striking a casual conversation in between.

When they finished paying, they took their trays and walked back to the table. Just then Soonyoung shrieked and pointed to somewhere. Mingyu questioned Soonyoung's behavior, but turned his head to look anyway.

"It's him!" Soonyoung exclaimed.

Mingyu wondered for a second when his eyes caught a figure walking inside the cafeteria alone. He then realised that it must be the new student Soonyoung told him about earlier.

"People say he has a stoic face," Soonyoung said from behind Mingyu.

Mingyu couldn't really see the new guy's face clearly from the distance he's in. He tried to get a proper look by narrowing his eyes and stretching his neck a bit. He was able to see dark hair and bangs covering most part of his forehead. Mingyu noticed a ray of light reflected by something perched on the guy's nose and across his eyes. The guy must be wearing glasses then. It was a lot noticable that the guy was really thin, as if he never ate anything. Mingyu couldn't really tell how tall the guy was. He couldn't even really see the face clearly, that was all he got on the guy. Maybe he'd seek for more informations soon from people.

"Gyu, watch out!"

The tall male heard Soonyoung's panicked voice, but before he could respond or simply look at what's in front of him, his foot trampled over something and he was sent flying to the ground, all 187 centimetres tall of him. He dropped his tray and all the food on it which caused a loud clattering sound, he was sure the whole cafeteria heard it.

Mingyu was right, the whole cafeteria went silent and all eyes fell on him. That was embarrassing. He's sure he also caught the new guy's attention. Great.

Soonyoung tried stifling his laughter and Mingyu glared at him from the floor. The latter didn't even have any intention on getting up anytime soon.

"You okay?" Soonyoung asked with a wide smile, obviously pretty amused by the situation.

Mingyu mouthed a silent '' at Soonyoung for having the audacity to smile at the situation instead of helping him get up.

"I think...." Soonyoung's eyes gleamed with mischief. "...you just fell for the new guy."

Mingyu groaned as soon as the words left Soonyoung's mouth. He really didn't need that right now.

Everyone in the cafeteria that had been staring were already back to doing their own businesses.

Mingyu finally got up from his position on the floor, taking the carton of milk that was on his tray. At least he still got milk for today's lunch. His wallet couldn't afford to buy another set of the cafeteria's overpriced food.

The two friends walked back to their table.

Mingyu was left with only a carton of milk and a newfound curiosity for the new guy.


*whispers* Poor Mingyu, I'm so not sorry.