First Talk

Business Talks
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
  "Hi. Kim Jaejoong. Seduction extraordinaire. How may I help you?"  
Yunho raised his brows at what he thought was a rather presumptuous greeting from the other end of the line, but it wasn't as if he had any expectations, he chided himself, his fingers busy trying to smoothen the crumpled edges of the business card.

It was in matte black, with only a name and a phone number. For the business it catered to, the card did try to be as inconspicuous as possible.

Minho, his stand-in secretary, gave him the card a week ago after informing him that Changmin filed for a one-month leave instead of two weeks which they agreed upon. Bastard didn't want to witness his boss get married to someone so...undeserving. Was that the word he used, Yunho's not even sure but he has to wonder how that statement sounds very much like his secretary, being both an insult and a compliment. But Ara was a fine young woman – beautiful, well mannered, well educated. As much as he tried to think about it, he just can't seem to see in her the flaws that Changmin does.

Oh, but he does know. He knows exactly why Changmin is being such a about this marriage that he had to go as far as filing a leave, because Yunho finally snapped and cornered him. And Changmin, he looked Yunho straight in the eye and said "I believe you won't need me around as I have no expertise in these kinds of contracts, now if you'll excuse me sir, I have to give instructions to Minho, your temporary secretary." Changmin must have been really pissed if he didn't even bother calling Yunho by his name.

Changmin sees this marriage as just one of the many business contracts that Yunho signs. Except this one involves his personal life. This one involves emotions, should involve emotions. But it doesn't and Yunho sighs at that thought because he knows what Ara feels for him and he knows that he won't ever for the life of him reciprocate that. It isn't for the lack of trying. He's just not capable of having romantic feelings, or that's what he tells himself at least.

"Hello, you there? I swear if this is another prank call, I am going to kick someone in the gut because people don't seem to understand that a business card is for business and you only call a phone number printed on a business card if you want to talk business and –"

Yunho was startled, realizing he got lost in his thoughts, and almost immediately cleared his throat to stop the other line from talking so damn fast, he could feel another migraine brewing.

"Sorry about that, I'm still here. And uh, I called for business, I think?"

The other line chuckled. "You think?"

"Yes, I think. Why don't you uh, explain how the business works exac
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter