Love potion

Love potion

 

“Hi, welcome to Love potion café.” A cheerful voice greeted, whenever a guest entered the café. The café was different from the usual cafes, it did not have any menu. They prepared drinks for their customers based on their image. Many girls enjoyed visiting the café, curious of the image they gave off.

“Sir, here is your cup of tea. It is rose green tea.” The man looked up at the waiter, who had served him and smiled. The drink was served in a transparent glass tea cup, the tea had three pieces of rose buds floating on top.

“What’s your name, sir?” The waiter asked as he sat down opposite the customer.

“Sungmin.” The man, Sungmin brought the cup of tea to his lips and made an appreciative sound.  

“I’m Kyuhyun. Nice to meet you, Sungmin.” Kyuhyun stretched out his hand and gave his brightest smile. Kyuhyun saw the image of a rose the moment the man walked in.

Sungmin lifted his hand and shook Kyuhyun’s outstretched hand. The man before him was indeed very handsome, he couldn’t help but wonder why Kyuhyun chose to serve him a rose green tea.

When he asked Kyuhyun, the man simply replied that he was pretty like one. The two men sat there for hours as they shared stories of their life.

 

The second time Sungmin visited Love Potion, a month later. Kyuhyun served him a cherry blossom honey tea. He explained that he noticed how much Sungmin liked pink, and it was the cherry blossom season.

Just like the first visit, Kyuhyun sat opposite Sungmin and they chatted until Sungmin was ready to leave again. When Sungmin asked him why he didn’t need to help tend the shop, Kyuhyun quickly explained that he was the boss.

 

The third time Sungmin met Kyuhyun wasn’t in the shop, but in the hospital that Sungmin worked in. Sungmin was doing his routine checks on his patient, when he saw a familiar man exiting from one of the wards.

“Kyuhyun.” Sungmin called out, the man smiled and walked over to him. The younger man explained that his worker was admitted to the hospital, so he came to visit him.

Sungmin looked down at his watch and told the smiling man that they could have dinner together as Sungmin’s shift was ending. To which, Kyuhyun agreed and waited outside Sungmin’s office, as the older man went in to take his things.

Kyuhyun brought Sungmin to his best friend, Ryeowook’s restaurant which was walking distance from the hospital. Sungmin soon made friends with Ryeowook and the two of them hit off well with one another.

 

The next time that Sungmin visited Love Potion, it was summer. The streets were hot and the café was crowded with people. He was greeted by Kyuhyun as usual. The younger brought him up to the third floor of the café, where there were lesser customers.

Kyuhyun served Sungmin a tall cup of tri-colour tea. The first layer was a light shade of sapphire blue, which was followed by a layer of violet and lastly a light emerald green. When he mixed the colours together, the drink turned into a lilac colour.

Sungmin was amazed by the colour and asked Kyuhyun what each colour in the drink meant. When Kyuhyun explained that the colours and the flavours to Sungmin, his cheeks showed a tinge of pink.

Sungmin and Kyuhyun talked for hours, until it was time for Sungmin to leave for his shift. Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin into an embrace before the man left. That simple embrace hung smiles on their faces for the entire day.  

 

One weekend, when Sungmin did not have to go to work. He gave Kyuhyun a call and asked if he could spend the day with him. When Kyuhyun agreed, Sungmin prepared lunch for them before going to meet Kyuhyun at the place they agreed to meet up at.

When Sungmin arrived, Kyuhyun was waiting for him with his hand behind his back. Sungmin smiled and asked if he had waited for a long time. To which the younger replied that he hadn’t. He took out the bouquet of flowers that he had been hiding behind his back and gave it to Sungmin.

The bouquet had blue and red roses, with blue violets, pink forget-me-nots and pink baby’s breath. Right in the middle of the bouquet was a single red rose which was in full bloom.  

“I love you, Sungmin. From the very first day you stepped into the café, I knew I liked you. Will you be my boyfriend?” Kyuhyun asked as he took out a box from the pocket of his jacket.

Kyuhyun opened the box and inside was a pretty infinity heart necklace. He took out the necklace and wore it around Sungmin’s neck. When Sungmin nodded, he pulled him into an embrace. Kyuhyun leaned down and pressed a soft kiss on Sungmin’s lips.

 

 

 

Meanings of the items in the story:

Rose tea: I’ll always remember

Cherry blossoms: Overwhelmingly beautiful

Sapphire blue: truth and sincerity

Emerald green: a steadfast bond

Violet/Lilac: delicate and precious  

Purple rose: love at first sight

Single full bloom rose: I love you

Red rose: love

Blue violets: Faithfulness  

Forget-me-not: True love

Baby’s breath: Everlasting love

Infinity heart necklace: Eternal love

 

A.N: Thanks for reading :D hope you guys like it (: do let me know how you feel about the fic :D