Air Castle

Phantasmata
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| Air. Your presence that dissipates like thin bubbles in air makes me feel suffocated when you're not around.|

 

 

-/-

"Wake up now, young man. I know you are awake," she said in annoyance as she waves her hand on his face.

He opened his eyes as her angelic face which is near his face welcomed his sight. As he observes her face, he noticed the sadness of her eyes that dominates her overall visage. Thoughts like: 'What made her look so sad? Isn't she happy on her odd job?', and 'Maybe she is just annoyed at me'. He can't help but feel the heaviness on his chest which was perhaps because of it. 

The woman just stared at him coldly and stated, "You must be thinking a lot of things that I cannot read what's inside your mind. It's quite hazy. Anyways, will you come up to your senses now?"

"I will stand up. But, can you please put your face away from mine? If I happened  to stand up a while ago with my eyes closed, our lips would have touched each other. It wouldn't be very bad for me, how about you? Humm," he playfully said as he smirked.

She was quite startled by his words, but tried to show an unfazed reaction. He was right. Their faces are too closed to each other. Well, technically, it was her fault to sit on the floor and watch him sleep soundly. Things had been like that for the past few hours which she didn't notice. "Fine," her feet voluntarily stood up as she used the side of the couch to help her stand up.

Unfortunately, the man wanted to annoy her more so he sat on the couch at the same time which made their heads bumped into each other. His eyes widened in surprise, with him remembering that he cannot touch her last time, but things are quite different right now. Did the tables turn on his side now? 

"Awww... That hurts," he complained while touching his forehead.

She asked angrily as she distanced away from him, "You did that on purpose, didn't you?"

"Yah! I didn't. I remember being unable to touch you, so I didn't think sitting up at the same time would hurt."

"You're really getting into my nerves, dummy!"

He declared as he stood up and grabbed a pillow, "Mwo? Dummy? Did you just call me a dummy? I'm gonna get my revenge to you!"

"So... Are you challenging me?"

"Yes. If I happen to catch you, then..."

"Then what?"

"You owe me one. But if I don't, it's the opposite. Hide and seek, game?"

She rolled her eyes in disgust, "What? Do you think I am as poop-brained as you are? Do you think we're elementary kids that should play petty games like that?"

"Are you scared? Ooohhhh! Hahahaha! Our heads bumped into each other which means I can touch you at this moment. Scaredy cat?"

The woman scoffed at his statement, "What? Whatever. I'll do it just for your... Ughh... Stupid antics to stop."

"I'm a former athlete so I'm good at it," he proudly declared.

"Whatever you say."

"No using of...powers."

"I can beat you without using any."

"Promise?"

"Hayy..."

.

 

.

 

.

"In the count of three, we'll start. Hana... Deul...Set," he counted.

They have just started chasing each other, but he can feel the tiredness allover his body. Who wouldn't be drained after being 'tortured' by a creepy woman and almost falling from the 25th floor of the building? 

"Ooohhh... Should I cheat? No. You cannot think about your plan because she might probably hear it. Even if she promised not to use her telekinetic powers, I don't trust her," he told himself. 

The man childishly yelled, "Nal jababwara!"

She was approaching towards him as her 'opponent' threw a stuff toy on the floor which made her lose a balance and... 

POOF!

"Nice catch, Matt! You really are the man," a voice boasted.

She opened her eyes slowly as she saw his arm supporting her waist to prevent her from falling with their faces awkwardly and literally just an inch away from each other. They both can feel each other's breath. Hearts pounding crazily, breaths being suffocated and time stopping in silence like a fool. A disgusting scene being portrayed in fairy tales. Her inner self thought in annoyance, "What am I? A damsel in distress? Heck no!" 

In the much worse state, is him being carried away by the scene. His eyes are glued to hers as he puts his face near hers, attempting to... You know... Steal a kiss. But, his fantasy was shattered when she broke the ice.

The woman asked as she faced the opposite side "Will you let go of me now?"

"Ahh... Ahh yes yes," he stuttered. He was supposed to let her go but a greater disaster happened. He accidentally slipped which made the both of them fall. Her head is supposed to hit the floor, but luckily he had his big hand to protect her head. It was a more awkward position for the two of them, with Matthew on top of her.

Their eyes met. While his eyes were shyly 'loving' and his cheeks are red as beet, hers was  showing an image of annoyed but still passive look. 

She yelled, "Will you stop being childish now? Stand up, dummy!"

He had no choice but to do as she says. His hand offered to help her stand. However, he felt a pang on his chest when she ignored it. Feeling dejected, he pretended to scratch his head.

The woman complained with her back facing him, "I know you did that on purpose."

"I did. Mianhae," he apologized which made her flinch a bit. 

From what she have 'researched', this man never knew how to apologize even for his little mistakes. He's completely the embodiment of a ruthless jerk, so it was quite surprising.

 "Ahh. Well. No need for that. Enough with the pep talks. Should we do better things instead?"

"Better things? What do you mean?"

"Let's talk about our arrangement. You agreed to do your task 'with your life on line.' Right? I'm an organized type of worker. So, I don't do a 'so-so' job."

"If that's what you want."

.

 

.

 

.

"Uhmm. Before continuing further into our agreement, this and that happened already. However, I know a little thing about you. I'm still an heir, you know. Knowing who I am transacting to is a basic thing probably everyone knows," he said matter-of-factly.

"What do you mean?"

"Introduce yourself first. What you really are, what your job is and blah blah blah."

"Makes sense. Anyway, there's nothing to know about me either."

"Your name, baby. What kind of person are you? Personal things about you. Something like that."

She rolled her eyes before starting her introduction, "My name is Jiwoo. First, I am definitely not a ghost or any creature just like what you are thinking right now. Witch? Mermaid? Gumiho? Dokkaebi? Grim Reaper? No. To simply say complicated things like this, I am sent by the Ruler above to finish this task with you. I have no nicknames, so ditch it off. Secondly, It's pretty obvious that I have a keen sense of hearing. Sharp enough to hear every tiny to big noises in this building, including your mind. It's unintentional but I'm equipped with that. What kind of person am I? That is one funny question that makes no sense. Personal things? Well, first of all, I am technically not a person. So, sans the word person. There are no things like that about me. Anything else? Ohhh. And please, don't make stuffs like annoying nicknames and refrain from calling me a ghost or anything. Don't even call me 'baby'. Just Jiwoo. Okay? Happy now?"

He smiled sheepishly and answered, "Okay! It's my turn now. Even if you knew me, I still have to properly introduce myself as a way of courtesy. I'm Matthew Kim either Kim Woojin or Kim Jin Seok is my Korean name. I was born on October 20, 1992 so I am 25 years old now. I majored Finance when I was on college, but haven't found any use of it yet.  You can call me by my first name or with my series of nicknames. Uhmm. You can call me Matt, King Matt, BM or Big Matthew. Hahaha. Big because," his lunatic laugh was cut off by her scary glare.

He cleared his throat and continued, "Big Matthew...Big like me. I am tall. Hahahaha! What else? Prince Matthew can be too. Matt-jagiya, Matt-namchin, Matt cutie. Hahahaha. There are definitely a lot. But, I prefer the King Matthew one and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter