White Flag

Plastic Beach ft. Red Velvet, Blackpink, & SNSD

Jisoo threw the pickup truck in park and stepped out of the vehicle. There was always a stronger breeze on the northern side of the island; her tank top and shorts weren’t going to be enough. She retrieved a navy blue hoodie from the tray of the truck, along with two fluffy beach towels and a small backpack. She then contemplated for a moment before also scooping up her revolver, slipping the holstered gun into her waistband, hoping the folds of her hoodie would properly cover the weapon. Before setting off down the markedly thin shoreline, she made sure to completely shut down her radio and communications gear. She didn’t need the other girls tracking her. Not that she believed they would do so out of malice, but if Rosé returned home before her, they would surely be concerned.

Jisoo walked along the treeline, the ocean lapping at her boots. She wholeheartedly despised this section of the island. The sheer height of the palms combined with the black vastness of the ocean beside her lent to a strong agoraphobic feeling for the young girl, one that made her want to sprint the entire way across in fear. She refused to do so, however, and made a point to keep her pace smooth and steady. Upon reaching the end of the strip, relief flooded through her and she relaxed immensely despite herself.

She stepped out onto the beach of a small cove. Here, the ocean was cut off by formations of craggy rocks that jutted out from both sides of the shore. The large formations muted the sounds of the waves, making this one of the quietest areas on the island. Although some robots came here to collect marine life during the day, Jisoo had yet to see any of them wandering her secret spot at night.

The black-haired girl took her usual seat at the very center of the curved beach, setting up one of the towels for herself to sit on and holding the other between her arms and knees as she looked out at the water of the bay.

Truthfully, Jisoo felt bad for abandoning Rosé like this. But she had a prior engagement to attend to, and given the circumstances, there was no time to call it off. Jisoo knew for certain that whoever washed up on shore was not a pirate. If anything, this knowledge only increased her concern for Rosé, because it was genuinely a mystery as to who had showed up unannounced on Plastic Beach. But the violet-haired girl was more than capable of handling most threats, and chances are it was a false alarm triggered by a large piece of driftwood or another beached whale (the prospect of the latter notion saddened Jisoo).

After a brief period of taking intermittent sips from her flask while looking out at the waves, Jisoo noticed a slight disturbance in the center of the bay. It started out as a small wave, indistinguishable from the others. It rapidly evolved into a froth that ran perpendicular to the normal waves, speeding towards Jisoo before coming to a halt about fifty feet off of the shore. Jisoo stood up and squinted into the darkness, just barely making out the shadow of a breaching submarine. The top hatch popped open and a petite, slender figure hopped out gracefully. Jisoo broke into a smile and waved both of her arms. The figure waved back before diving headfirst off of the anchored submarine, starting the swim to shore. Jisoo hurried to meet the newcomer, carrying the other towel in her arms.

The figure began wading once the water became shallow enough, her petite body coming into full view. Her bright orange hair shimmered in the moonlight and wet locks clung to her pixie-like face. Her svelte body was barely covered by the two-piece swimsuit she wore, and judging by the way she folded her arms over her chest, the temperature was just a tad too low for her. Jisoo immediately wrapped the smaller girl in the towel as they reached one another, simultaneously pulling her into a tight embrace.

“Hey there, gorgeous.” Jisoo whispered.

“Hey, Jisoo,” the orange-haired girl said, trying to pull away, “You’re gonna get all wet if you don’t wait for me to towel off first.”

“You already had me soaking when I saw you in that bikini.”

“You’re so naughty…” the newcomer gave up her resistance and they shared a deep kiss under the moonlight. They then walked hand in hand to the shore, where they sat huddled together on the other towel.

“How have you been, Taeyeon? I haven’t seen you in weeks.” Jisoo said, ping her backpack and pulling out a bag of chicken sandwiches. The younger girl always made snacks for their late night rendezvous.

“I know, I missed you so much,” the older girl said, taking a moment to run her fingertips over the side of Jisoo’s face, “I’ve just had a lot to do at work. How have things been on the island?”

“Fine. You know, the same daily routine.” Jisoo replied shortly, taking a bite of her sandwich.

The two girls tried their best to avoid talking about what they did outside of their secret meetups. It was an established rule between them that they both remain intentionally vague about their lives in order to prevent further complication of the situation.

“When I was coming here, I saw a big school of tuna wandering around. Be careful of sharks when you’re swimming, okay?” Taeyeon said, a look of worry coming over her almost childlike features.

“Your fear of sharks definitely doesn’t fit your job description.” Jisoo laughed, trying her best not to inhale her food.

“I could be worse! You should see Tiff-” Taeyeon stopped herself from talking and looked away, “Sorry, not supposed to talk about job stuff. Right.”

“You know we always make little exceptions,” Jisoo said, rubbing her partner’s hand to comfort her, “Just don’t include names or anything.”

“Okay,” the orange-haired girl said uncertainly, continuing, “One of my ‘colleagues’ is afraid of fish eyes. It’s hilarious.”

“But you pilot submarines and boats,” the black-haired girl retorted, eyes widening in disbelief, “How does she function? Also, the eyes specifically? What a weirdo.”

“She says they creep her out. She won’t even eat a fish if there’s a head on it. One time, I threw a marble at her and told her it was a fish eye and she cried. Then she didn’t talk to me for the whole day.”

They shared a laugh and returned to eating. Taeyeon was always starving when she arrived, so she’d already eaten another sandwich before Jisoo finished her first.

“I brought you something.” Jisoo said, rummaging through her backpack, “It’s not much, but…”

The younger girl pulled out a large necklace adorned with seashells of various shapes and sizes. Although she would never admit it, Jisoo had spent a lot of time over the past few weeks wandering up and down the shores of Plastic Beach, looking for the prettiest shells she could find. To her, it felt like a very lame, cliched gift. Taeyeon, on the other hand, was beaming, her eyes sparkling with glee and open in a smile of pure joy.

“Chichu, it’s beautiful! Thank you so much!”

Jisoo slipped the necklace onto Taeyeon’s neck, the multicolored shells creating a visually pleasing effect on the pale girl’s prominent collarbones.

“It looks amazing on you.”

“I wish I had something to give you, too!” the orange-haired girl said ruefully.

“It’s okay,” Jisoo murmured, taking her lover into her arms and pulling her close once more, “Just you being here is enough for me.”

Taeyeon giggled and gave Jisoo a light kiss.

“I just thought of something I could give you, actually.”

Taeyeon shifted down to JIsoo’s neck, running her tongue along the black-haired girl’s skin.

“Oh Taeyeon… please give it to me…” Jisoo pleaded as the older girl’s hands started working their magic.

There were certainly times when Jisoo felt guilty about her secret love affair with the beautiful pirate before her. This was not one of those times.

***

Rosé unfastened the strap-on device from her hips and began packing the lude toy away into its box, making a mental note to herself to wash it clean in the morning. The only noises in the room were the low hum of the ventilation and Jennie’s exhausted panting. The brunette remained in the same position her partner had left her in - face pressed against the pillow, back arched in the air, body glistening with sweat. Rosé took a seat next to Jennie’s legs, reaching over to rub the older girl’s back.

“I’m gonna go see if Jisoo’s back yet.”

“But Rosie…” Jennie whimpered, still trying to catch her breath, “I wanna cuddle with you… You can’t just leave me alone after that… I’m so sore...”

“I know baby,” Rosé said apologetically, “But I’m worried about her. She’s been gone for a long time.”

“She’s probably… just off moping somewhere… you know how she’s been…”

“I just want to make sure.” the violet-haired girl said, standing up and beginning to gather her clothes together, “Besides, we can cuddle all you want once I get back.”

Jennie huffed and turned herself around in bed so that she was facing the wall.

“Don’t be like that, Jennie-pie,” Rosé said, feeling that familiar heart-meltingly strong regret for upsetting her love, “It’s not like I want to go.”

“Jisoo’s the one who abandoned you, though,” Jennie growled without turning over, “I’m still mad at her for that.”

“She didn’t abandon me, Jennie,” Rosé said, her sympathy quickly replacing itself with annoyance, “You have to stop acting like I’m some helpless kid you need to protect.”

When her partner didn’t answer, Rosé finished dressing herself and went to leave. Before she could open the door, however, two arms wrapped around her from behind and pulled her into an embrace.

“I’m sorry, Rosie. I really am. I know it annoys you when I act this way but I just can’t help it. If anything happened to you, I…” Jennie paused and sniffled, “I love you, okay? I’m sorry.”

Rosé sighed and took the older girl in her arms, guiding her back to the bed and tucking her in.

“I forgive you. Now just try to sleep a bit until I get back, okay?” Rosé gave Jennie a kiss on the forehead before turning to leave again.

As she closed the door behind her, Rosé breathed a sigh of relief. Ever since they’d arrived on Plastic Beach, Jennie’s natural possessiveness had increased tenfold. Rosé sometimes found herself reaching the end of her limit when it came to dealing with the temperamental girl, but her love for Jennie always overcame those feelings of exasperation. She prayed that there would never come a day where this wasn’t true.

Before Rosé could make another move, she heard the sound of a door opening and turned to see Jisoo entering their home. The older girl was wet and covered in sand, but the expression on her face was relaxed and happy.

“Jisoo!” Rosé hissed, running to meet the black-haired girl, “Where have you been?”

“Uh, hi Rosie,” Jisoo stammered, “I didn’t expect you to wait up for me.”

The violet-haired girl remained silent and crossed her arms over her chest, waiting for an answer.

“I drove into a snake nest. I had fight them off. It took a little while.”

Rosé’s anger immediately shifted to concern, and she rushed forward to inspect Jisoo’s body.

“You should’ve called me! I would’ve came to help.”

“No, it was fine, just took a little while, is all,” Jisoo said, waving her friend off, “I didn’t wanna bother you guys. Did you find anything?”

“I did, as a matter of fact.” Rosé said, grinning, “Come.”

Rosé guided Jisoo down the hallway to the third door - Lisa’s room. She pressed a finger over her lips, indicating for Jisoo to be quiet, and carefully opened the door.

Yerim and Lisa were in bed together, Lisa holding Yerim to her chest while the older girl snored lightly. There were the remnants of tear tracks on the brunette’s face, but she looked absolutely content in Lisa’s arms. Rosé closed the door again once Jisoo had gotten a good look.

“Yerim?! It was Yerim?!” Jisoo whispered urgently.

“Yep. I haven’t had a chance to talk with her yet, but she’s doing alright, I think. Lisa might have talked to her while she was awake.”

“Was there anyone else with her? Like Irene, or Wendy, or-”

“Or Seulgi?” Rosé finished, smiling sadly, “No, it was just Yeri. Sorry.”

“That’s fine. I’m just glad we have one of our old friends back,” Jisoo said, although she visibly deflated, “I bet Lisa’s thrilled.”

“You should’ve seen the look on her face when I pulled up with Yeri. Pure shock.”

Midway through Jisoo’s laugh, the black-haired girl yawned.

“I’m gonna shower and go to sleep. I bet Dalgom isn’t gonna be happy with me for staying out so late.”

“He probably won’t be,” Rosé said, giving her tired senior a pat on the shoulder, “Jennie’s mad at you too.”

“Jennie’s always mad at something.” Jisoo quipped, walking towards the bathroom.

Rosé silently (though reluctantly) agreed with her friend as she headed back to her undoubtedly still waking partner.

***

Taeyeon remained in the bay for a little while before leaving, checking her scanners to ensure that Jisoo returned to her pickup truck safely. She absentmindedly ran her hands over the shells on her new necklace as she waited, a mixture of heartache and guilt roiling within her. As the orange-haired girl began navigating the small underwater craft through the field of rocks and out into the open ocean, those feelings lingered in her, biting ravenously at her soul like a school of starving piranhas. She tried to push the negative thoughts from her mind, but to no avail. There was always the notion that one day, their secret would be revealed, and everything would come crumbling down. How would she explain to her comrades that she had fully and completely fallen in love with one of their enemies? Their enemies, who had shown up entirely out of nowhere one day and had decided to assist those mutinous robots in their controlling of an island that didn’t belong to them. Thoughts such as these made Taeyeon angry at Jisoo; it was hard to come to terms with the fact that the sweet, loving girl whose caresses she so badly craved was stealing her people's’ land. Taeyeon wondered if Jisoo even knew what she was doing. It’s not like they could talk about it because of their rule, so the orange-haired girl was only left to guess as to what Jisoo’s motives were. When Taeyeon thought of the sins she herself had committed, however, the gnawing self-hatred returned and she was unable to stay mad at Jisoo for long. Regardless of what the younger girl was doing, she couldn’t be as despicable as Taeyeon.

The conflicted girl switched her location devices back on once she was a few miles away from her destination and was shortly met with a communication request. Before accepting the call, Taeyeon removed her necklace and stowed it safely out of sight. A charmingly womanly face appeared on one of her side screens, alluring lips fixed into a sharp pout and eyebrows furrowed in indignation.

“Where have you been?!” Tiffany demanded.

“I’ve just been patrolling the eastern quadrant,” Taeyeon said calmly, “I guess I accidentally flipped my comm gear off again.”

“Taeng…” Tiffany said exasperatedly, running her fingers through her hair, “You have to stop doing that. I was worried sick.”

“I know. But you know not much goes on over here nowadays.”

“Yeah, but what if one of the girls from Plastic Beach had seen you? They might have tried shooting at you or something.”

“They’ve never done that, Fany. I don’t think they’ve ever attacked us unless we directly attacked them.”

“Fine, whatever. Just get back home quick, okay? I made you dinner, I know you must be starving. I made something special.”

“I’m actually not really hungry right now… but I can eat it tomorrow instead!”

Tiffany looked away, her excited smile disappearing slightly, causing Taeyeon's heart to drop in pity.

“I’ll make it up to you tonight, I promise. I have to go now, I need to concentrate on docking this thing.” the orange-haired girl said, reaching to shut off the monitor.

“Okay,” the younger girl said, her grin returning, “Love you.”

Taeyeon hesitated for a moment before responding, her body swelling with that all-too-familiar self-hatred. She put all the physical effort she could muster into smiling before responding.

“I love you too.”

------------------------------------

Idk why I love teasing you guys with JenniexRose , but I do, so there's that scene, lmao. Anyway, I didn't want SNSD to be just another group thrown into the mix so I decided to change things up a little bit (: Hope you like the direction I'm starting to take the story in.

Thanks for reading<3