Until Forever

Hecate: MoonSun One Shots

The music beat loudly in Solar's ears, pulsating in her veins as the night grew older. The after party of the Golden Disk Award was nothing less than the expectations. A hundred or more people gathered at the ballroom, dancing with drinks on hand. 

It was an event where rookies could mingle and earn name for themselves among the veterans. Solar did her part in it years ago and now she was in the middle class which was a comfortable place. There were not too many seniors to bow to and there were plenty of rookies she could look down upon. She should be enjoying herself.

But she was in a bad mood. So bad that Hwasa and Wheein had to leave her alone, in the corner of the ballroom, on a round table with her drink. The two girls knew exactly why Solar was having a bad day but they chose not to involve themselves in her affair for Solar could be scary when she's angry and drunk. In fact they went home an hour earlier with one of their managers.

"I'm sorry," said Hwasa to a manager that decided to stay behind looking after Solar, "I want to stay but I'm tired and Wheein too. It's just too hard for us to deal with them right now."

The manager nodded in acknowledgement and let the two girls leave. Then, the manager looked for the source of Solar's discomfort. It came in the form of a girl with silver hair, slender and beautiful with a shirt that clearly flaunted her curves. She was laughing, cheering and dancing with some juniors on the dance floor.

"Moonbyul!" the manager said loudly to match the music.

"Yes?" Moonbyul turned to him.

"Come on, it's time to go home."

"Eh? But we still have, like, another two hours," Moonbyul glanced at her watch.

"Yes, but if we don't go home now...," the manager pulled her to the side, "I don't think it will be good for you."

The manager cocked his head to the direction of Solar. Moonbyul caught Solar's gaze and shuddered. Gosh, they were scary.

"Is she...."

"I think so," the manager nodded. "So I think we should go home."

Moonbyul agreed and then returned to the rookies to say goodbye. The young girls were disappointed, pouting and some begged her to stay, touching her arms and clung to her sides. Moonbyul coolly moved aside and broke away.

While the manager went to get their car, Moonbyul came to Solar's side. "Hi."

Solar responded with a sharp glare.

"I think you have one too many," Moonbyul took the drink away from Solar. "Let's go home."

"Are you coming?" asked Solar.

"Of course."

Solar sat in silence, looking at Moonbyul as if she was some kind of a prey, before stepping down the chair and moved to the exit. Moonbyul took a moment to enjoy Solar's mighty backside as she walked before catching up to her.

At the lobby, shone by the light of the moon, Solar stared at Moonbyul. She was clearly drunk because Moonbyul was glowing in her eyes. She was as bright as the moon. So beautiful but so... irritating.

It's because she's so beautiful in her androgynous way that there were a lot of girls clinging to her side, admiring and adoring her. Some fell into deep infatuation. And Solar was one of those girls. 

She'd like to differentiate herself from the others though because she and Moonbyul were more than just a "thing". They were inseparable. Moonbyul had said it personally to Solar but every time she saw Moonbyul with another girl, or girls, she would feel so angry and just want to tear herself inside out. And the alcohol she took too much definitely not helping her.

"I want to go back to your place," said Solar.

Moonbyul turned to her. "We live right next door to each other."

"Screw that, I want to sleep with you tonight."

"You what?"

"I want to...," then Solar realized that what she just said was a double entendre. "I mean... I want to sleep in the same room with you tonight."

"Sure. Is something wrong?"

"Everything," said Solar. "Each time you touch somebody else, laughing with another person, having... fun with another girl... I get so... ugh, irritated. I don't like it."

"They're our juniors and I was just...."

"Whatever! Okay?" Solar raised her voice. "I'm jealous so tonight until the sun comes up next morning, you will be with me and that's that. You should do that for me, at least."

"Until the sun comes up next morning? What are you talking about? I will stay with you until the sun doesn't come up. And more."

Solar choked and coughed. She didn't expect such answer. Moonbyul was just as shocked. She did not know how those words could come out so easily, so smoothly and unconsciously.

"I mean... I mean...," she stammered. "If you want me to. I won't if you don't like it or.... I'm saying that because... it's not like...."

Solar slipped her fingers to Moonbyul's and held it tight.

"It's a promise then...," said Solar almost in a whisper.

And the two stood silently until the car came and they rode to their buildings. Solar spent the night at Moonbyul's and there was not a second where she let go of Moonbyul's hand until the sun came up the next morning.