The Revelation

Run to you

Approaching Jeonghan as if nothing is wrong has become part of Cheol daily routine, but this time Jeonghan can read him like an open book so he meets him halfway as they stand a bit forward from the audience bench. “You’re alright?” Jeonghan asked, “You look pale. I can talk to your coach to let you play later?” He offered the older, “I’m fine Jeonghan-ah” He said to the younger to assure him. Not wanting to talk about it any further he immediately changes the topic, “You’re early” He walks him back to his seat he reserved just for the later, “I was just excited to see you,” he grins, there’s another warmth spread in his chest by the words, Seungcheol smile softly, “You’re cute,” He chuckles and put down his gym back and take off his jersey, from afar Minhyuk and Hyungwon already walking towards them. 


“Look at them, they’re so cute,” Minhyuk says to his boyfriend next to him, who just hums in response. “You seem fazed Wonnie,” The elder pouts, “Ah- I’m fine, I wasn’t in my right mind for a sec, sorry baby.” He smiles to assure his boyfriend, the later just smile and approach the not-so-couple first. Hyungwon has been thinking, no, he’s been observing Coups for awhile after the younger told him about his sickness. He’s gotten paler, his cheekbone looks sunken, but he still covers them with a bright smile. Hyungwon sighs, he really is a weird person. The word selfish can selfishly describe Coups to Hyungwon’s current perspective, he thought by not telling the others about his heart condition he’s in is the fairest decision for all of them as he thought it will lessen their burden, but to Hyungwon, Seungcheol just selfishly decides what’s best for them. As a team, he should’ve to share his burden, but what can he do? He promises the leader won’t tell to the others, and that's including his boyfriend. Finally joining them, Hyungwon still seem fazed, noticing this Seungcheol tries to eye him saying knock it off the others would get suspicious.

After 10 minutes the rest of the team quickly pile in, Wonwoo who sees Jeonghan on the bench sits next to him, “Hi,” he said shortly, Jeonghan look at him and nods with a smile, “Hey, you also allowed to sit here?” Wonwoo just looks at him and nods briefly, “Only the partner of the team who is allowed to sit here, when I used to only seeing Mingyu, I sit there,” he points at the audience bench across them for the non-player. Jeonghan feels a bit proud of himself even though he’s not officially dating with Seungcheol but knowing that only special people who are allowed to sit here make him smile a bit wider. 


When the team was warming up and discussing some strategies Wonwoo keep on looking at Jeonghan who keeps on checking on Cheol with a smile on his face, then he remembered the elder condition, “Will you take care of him, if he’s sick?” Wonwoo all of a sudden blurts out. By the sudden question Jeonghan tear his stare from Seungcheol and look at Wonwoo, “Of course I would, he’s- uhm- he’s my f- friend,” He stutters with a blush painted on his cheeks, “Besides the idiot don’t know when to rest sometimes,” he chuckles not knowing the question behind Wonwoo was so much bigger than any sickness he’s thinking. When the game starts, it went well, Seungcheol proves himself that he’s indeed one of the best player and amazing leader. Passing the ball from Mingyu to Vernon, he runs like a cheetah, he's one of the best and fastest player. however in the middle of second round of the game his head is aching really bad, his head feels like its spinning, his vision becomes blurry as he shakes his head to focused his vision but what he gets is an even blurry vision as he grips on the ball too tightly, looking at the leader state Hyungwon panics, as he’s about to move to the leader he stands there in shock. Wonwoo next to Jeonghan understand the expression well as he quickly stands up and that startles the blonde man next to him, “Wonwoo? What’s wrong?” Wonwoo didn’t answer him and glued his eyes on Seungcheol, but what they see next shocks the whole people in the gym even Minhyuk, Seungcheol collapse in the middle of the game. Hyungwon quickly run up to him and the whole gym become a fuss, their coach running to them, it’s been the second time he’s been like that and Jeonghan quickly run to the circle, he quickly slump down next to Seungcheol, and grasped his left hand tightly, Hyungwon who’s been there quickly blurts out, “We should bring him to the Hospital instead,” he said to Coach Son, their coach just look at him, “It couldn’t be that bad, he might just need to rest just bring him to the health center.” But Wonwoo quickly cuts them off, “It is that bad, Sir, please listen to us and bring him to the hospital, he has-“ the others attention quickly avert to him, “Just bring him to the hospital and you’ll understand,” so as what Wonwoo said they quickly bring Seungcheol to the hospital and the game quickly canceled. The other team seem to understand about their condition as they agree to reschedule their match instead, the rest of the team quickly put on their jersey, Wonwoo who walk behind the others quickly pulled away by Jeonghan, “What do you mean it’s that serious?” he interrogate the later, Wonwoo feel burden by the question, “I-I Can’t tell you now, it’s better if I tell you and the others later,” He said, Hyungwon who know that Wonwoo knows quickly drag him to walk with him. 


“You know?” Hyungwon said, Wonwoo nods and closes his eyes, “Should we tell them?”  He asks the older, “Coups wouldn’t like it-“ Hyungwon whispers, “Yeah he wouldn’t” remembering last time both of them promised him to not tell the others, “But- It’s not fair for them, they would’ve want coups to share his burden,” Hyungwon sighs, “So?” Wonwoo walks slowly so that they still can discuss further. “I’d say we’ll tell them at the hospital later,” he decides and as much as Wonwoo hate the facts that it’s true that it wouldn’t be fair for the group to be kept away from such reality. The others seem busy with finding transportation to bring him to the hospital Jeonghan walk next to Mingyu who carries the leader, so they’re divided to 3 cars, Mingyu, Wonwoo, Jeonghan and Seungcheol, the rest will be divided into 2 cars behind, Jeonghan put Seungcheol’s head on his lap, as he put his palm on his forehead and pushes his bangs out, he rubs between his brow bone softly, Mingyu who is driving and Wonwoo next to him keep on looking out the window. “Wonwoo-ya, Do you know something from Hyung that you haven’t told me?” Mingyu glance at the older next to him, Wonwoo tried so hard not to spill as he closes his eyes tightly, “It’ll be fair if I tell you about the rest later.” He sighs, Mingyu sense the worry in his boyfriend's voice, so he reaches out to the older hand and squeezes it slightly for support, Wonwoo rubs his boyfriend hand to say thank you. “Don’t worry baby, I’m here” Mingyu said tearing his gaze from the older back to the road. That should be my line after you hear what really happen to Cheol Hyung, Mingyu-ah, he thought but he just smiles. Jeonghan who’s sitting in the back smile to the sight, oh how to wish he can do such things with Seungcheol, holding hands, calling each other pet names, he smiles but when he looked down to the sight his heart churn unpleasantly. 
At the hospital Seungcheol quickly handle by the nurses and the doctor, Hyungwon quickly rush to one of the doctor whisperings, Wonwoo who see the sight quickly let go of his boyfriend grasped and approach Hyungwon, Mingyu, and Minhyuk just left there dumbfounded. “Since when your boyfriend become this active?” Minhyuk asks not tearing his gaze from Hyungwon and Wonwoo trying to explain something, “Since your boyfriend acting like a co-leader I guess,” they both shrugs. Instead of bringing Seungcheol to the ER they quickly move him to a different room and that startle the others especially Jeonghan, “Where are you taking him?” the blonde protests, Wonwoo quickly hold him, “It’s okay, he’ll be fine,” Then Vernon who’s been quite open his mouth, “What is happening Hyung? Is there something that you guys know but we don’t?” Vernon said sensing the unusual act from Hyungwon and Wonwoo. They both just stare at each other as Hyungwon sighs, “Let's go to the waiting room there,” all of them nod and they move to the room. Vernon sits uneasily with the worried look from Hyungwon and Wonwoo, Jeonghan just sits there fidgeting his fingers. “Well?” Mingyu ask, “Not now,” Wonwoo said.

When they were waiting, the doctor finally appear from the room and Hyungwon quickly rush to him, the doctor look is not a good sign that’s what Jeonghan can see, he stands up about to approach them but Wonwoo stops him, “Hyung, uhm- I’ll go,” He quickly goes to Hyungwon and the doctor as they continue talking they sense the tense from both Hyungwon and Wonwoo’s face. Vernon sighs loudly, “I’m scared Hyung,” He said to the others, Minhyuk smiles softly, “He’ll be alright, I’m sure he’s fine” Minhyunk tries to assure him but it sounds like he rather assuring himself. Hyungwon and Wonwoo walk slowly back to the group, “Well? Is he alright?” Jeonghan asks in worry. “We have something to tell you-“ Hyungwon starts. 

EARLIER
“How is he doc?” Hyungwon asks, “His heart condition really need a new heart, his heart is like a machine that has been overworked it needs to be replaced, but the reason of his sudden collapsed not because of that, He’s brain tumor seems affecting his daily, he can’t and won’t be allowed to have much in his head, in simpler way he shouldn’t stress about things too much, his tumor is like squeezing his brain so this might one of the cause of his major headache before he collapsed,” The doctor explains to him, Hyungwon just stand there dumbfounded can’t say anything, he thought he only has a heart condition? now brain tumor? He closes his eyes to calm himself for the others who’s been waiting for the leader. He can feel someone approaches them and see Wonwoo appear with his concern face, “Is everything alright?” he asks, then the doctor re-explained what he just said to Hyungwon and that shock the younger, as the doctor leaves they stand there together. “Hyung-“ Hyungwon cuts him, “Let’s tell them,” He said walking to them. 

Jeonghan sense the tension between the two of them he moves uneasily in his seat, Minhyuk sits next to him and Mingyu decided to stand up next to the sitting Vernon. “Coups, uhm- He’s been sick, actually,” He starts off slightly, “Sick? Like fever sick?” Mingyu asks, “No baby, I’m afraid not, It was 2 weeks ago I think when I caught Cheol Hyung panting really bad in the kitchen as he was looking for a medicine, and then he told me everything,” Minhyuk stares at them in shock, “What did he tell you exactly?” the older asks, “He- Cheol Hyung has a heart condition, he’s been having it for a year and a half I think, he said he’ll be alright, that’s why I-uhm we agreed to keep it as secret because he said he’ll look for a donor to fix his heart condition,-“ Wonwoo stops for a while, Mingyu who just heard about the news stares blankly at the floor as he slumps down next to Vernon, “Fix?’ Jeonghan snorts, “What? Do you think heart condition is similar to a broken tire?” Jeonghan spits out, Minhyuk hold him slightly, “Let them finish han-ah” He said softly trying to press his sadness, “But- what we just knew from the doctor is, He also has a brain tumor, that’s why he collapsed earlier, once he got a headache it’s too painful that he can go collapse, I swear, we just know this when the doctor explained to us earlier, and- We’re sorry for not telling you guys early,” Jeonghan who just listen to the news had a wide eyes, “Where’s Hyung now? C-Can we like see him?” Vernon finally found his voice, “The doctor said he’s still unconscious but yeah, sure,” Wonwoo said, Vernon quickly go to the room, Jeonghan just sit there not knowing what to do.

All the times they’ve been together, the laughter, the jokes, the smiles, the electricity that shot through his whole body when they touched, it flashes in his head. The Seungcheol that everybody admires has a brain tumor and heart condition, but the Seungcheol he dear the most is sick that’s the only thing he can think of. His Seungcheol-ah. The two couple followed Vernon inside leaving Jeonghan, at this moment, all of them are in the same state, shock, scared for Cheol's life, hurt. But not Jeonghan, he’s lost, he feels like part of him just snatched away from him, the only hope and light in his life seem to dimmed down slowly and that scares Jeonghan the most. He doesn't want to lose this man, not this man. He’s been fighting with his own thought until Minhyuk approaches him, “Don’t you want to see him?” He crotch down in front of Jeonghan, the later just stares at him, “I-I can’t lose him Hyung,” He finally breakdown to cry, Minhyuk quickly catch him and try to calm him down, “I know, I know,” he hugged the younger and rub his back softly to calm him down, “You should see him before he wakes up,” He lets go of Jeonghan as the other try to erase his tears stain and nods, when he walk into the room the rest of them quickly understand that they might need a minute, so Wonwoo quickly lead them to leave them alone, “Jeonghan-ah, I talked to his mom about it, they’re still in Daegu they might come here 3 days after, uhm- do you-“ Sensing that no one will be here for Seungcheol  the blonde quickly offers himself, “I’ll be here, thank you” He smiles softly, “Alright, I’ll get his clothes, do you need some clothes too?” Wonwoo asked, “No it’s alright, I’ll ask my roommate to bring it for me,” He smiles, “Sure, Thanks,” Wonwoo said as final and leave them alone. Jeonghan sits next to Seungcheol’s bed, before about to hold his hand he remembers Joshua. So he quickly sends him a short text. 

Jeonghan: Won’t be home, I’m in the hospital waiting for a friend, can you bring me some clothes for 3 days ahead? Here’s the address. 

As he sends him a location he put back his phone, and take Seungcheol’s left hand, he can feel the tears that already form in his eyes. “Why didn’t you tell me you ,” He breathes out with a single tear sliding down his cheek, “I- Don’t you get it? I can’t live without you, please come back to me,” He whispers softly while holding his hand as if his life depends on it. then a buzz in his left pocket shocks him. 

Shua: OTW, care to explain how do I not know about this friend of yours?

Not answering his roommate’s text he just put his attention back to Seungcheol who’s still sleeping, and pushes his bangs from his brows, “How can you be this beautiful?” Jeonghan chuckles softly, and he grabs his phone again to answer Joshua, but a voice shock him, “I should be the one who says that ” Seungcheol said as he awake finally, Jeonghan abruptly put his phone back and squeeze Seungcheol’s hand tightly not caring that Cheol heard what he just said, “You’re awake,” He breathes out a relief sighs, He grins, “Where am I? What happen?” He finally sits up for a bit without letting go of Jeonghan’s hand. “You have a heart condition? Brain tumor?” He asked without even thinking. That froze Seungcheol. “I’m- Uh-“ Jeonghan feel like his heart is breaking all over again, “Why didn’t you tell me?” He asked Seungcheol stays silent, “Am I not important to you that you think it’s unnecessary to tell me about it?” Jeonghan asks in bitterness. Seunghceol head snaps at him, “What? No! Of course not, Hannie-ya” He softly reach Jeonghan’s other hand, “It’s not that-”He frowns not knowing what should he say next, “Then? What?” He asks so desperately, “I care about you so much, and I’m afraid if I tell you, you’ll leave me.” He said in one breath, “I- I can’t lose you when my death feels like its near” He smiles sadly, “Don’t ever say that to me Choi Seungheol!” He half yelled at the older, “I will not let you leave me! You’re going to get the donor and have the surgery and survive, and after all that, we’re going to a pointless and cheesy date and officially date each other, and we’re gonna live a happy life together! please don’t die on me,” He blurts out and says the final sentence in a weaker voice, Seungcheol just stares at the younger. Yoon Jeonghan actually think that? Does Yoon Jeonghan really want to spend his days with him? Seungcheol feels like he’s about to cry when he stared at the younger for another second, he brings his right hand and cup Jeonghan’s cheek slowly, “You want to spend your days with me?” He asks in disbelief, “Of Course you idiot!” the younger finally breaks down to cry, Seungcheol startled by the sudden crying man as he shifts closer and hug uncomfortably to the younger and rubs the back of his neck, “Hey, I’ll fight, ok, I’ll fight it for you,” He said soothingly without thinking he kisses the top of the younger’s head tenderly, “Hell, I’ll even kick this sickness’s for you, baby,” He promises Jeonghan and he hugs the older even tighter. “Don’t give up on it Seunghceol-ah, I- I don’t want to live without you,” He snuggles more to the older embrace, “Never,” He still hug Jeonghan tightly until a soft knock on the door tear them apart and Joshua appears on the door, “Jeonghan-ah?” Jeonghan quickly wipes his tears away and smile to Seungcheol slightly to meet his roommate for a while. 

“Seungcheol? Choi Seungcheol? Really Jeonghan?” Joshua quickly snaps at his best friend, how could he not tell him as his best friend for life that he’s been seeing the famous Choi Seungcheol. “Oh quit it, Josh, I didn’t know you’re gay until I caught you with your baby boyfriend right?” He snorts, “Anyway, where are my clothes,” He demands from Joshua. “Ck, No thank you? Wow.” Still he gives the bag to Jeonghan, “Your toiletries already inside too,” Jeonghan nods, “Thanks, Now you may leave,” Joshua didn’t budge, “uh-uh mister, You’re going to spill the beans right now sir,” Jeonghan sighs and put down his bag for a while and finally explains everything to Joshua, “Woah, I didn’t know that, Are you okay?” Joshua asks concernedly, “You should ask that to Cheol, Shua, not me,” He said sadly, “As much as I hate to say this, but, I know that you love him and don’t try to deny it you’ve been missing and always coming home with blushing cheeks or idiot smile,” He warns Jeonghan, “And when you love, you love hard, I'm just concern,” Jeonghan just sighs, “I’ll be fine if he’s fine Shua.” Joshua just smiles sadly at that, “You want to meet him?” Jeonghan offer, “Uhm Sure, I want to meet my best friend’s boyfriend,” He snickers, the blonde just slap his side slightly as they come in again.

Seungcheol look at the two, “Oh Hello,” He smiles widely, Joshua understand now why people always call him The Choi Seunghceol when he be looking like a literal angel with that smile despite the needle in his right hand and pale skin, “Uhm- Hi, I’m-“ Seungcheol cuts him off, “Joshua right? Jeonghan talks a lot about you” He smile to the blonde guy next to Joshua, “Ah yes, You’re Seungcheol, It’s okay, I know you-“ He smiles, the latter just nods, “Actually I’m here just to see Jeonghan’s boyfriend as I drop by some of his clothes, so I guess, Bye then, Get Well Soon, Seungcheol-ssi” Seungcheol waves his hand, “Just Seungcheol would be fine Shua-ya” He smiles softly, “Alright, Seungcheol,” He nods good bye to both of them, Jeonghan just stand there dumbfounded after Joshua mention 'Jeonghan’s boyfriend', and Seungcheol indeed did not deny it. Seungcheol who sees Jeonghan stand there just chuckles, “Ya, Come here,” He said teasingly. He follows the order and quickly put his bag in the space next to the window with not-so-soft pillows and mattress. “You’re going to sleep here?” Seungcheol ask, Jeonghan nods while unpacking his stuff, “You don’t think I’m just going to leave you alone are you?” Jeonghan ask while he put a layer of blanket on the mattress and put his toiletries inside the bathroom, “I mean- I’m fine being alone Hannie-ya,” He pouts feeling guilty as Jeonghan about to sleep there, the space looks rather too small for a small figure like Jeonghan, “And I’m fine sleeping here to take care of you for a while Cheol-ah,” He smiles softly, “You hungry?” Jeonghan asks, “Seungcheol shakes his head no, “Tea?” Seungcheol then nods, “Yes please,” Jeonghan walk himself to the counter next to Seungcheol’s bed and make 2 tea for them, “Sugar?” Seunghceol shakes his head no, Jeonghan only puts 1 sugar on his and gives the other to Seungcheol. They drink their tea in silence, “How does the other reacted when they know the news?” Seungcheol asks softly, “Minhyuk and Mingyu cried, and Vernon... I did not see him after Hyungwon told us,” Seungcheol shut his eyes tightly, “Cheol-ah, You need to stop carrying everyone’s burden and start sharing your burden, do you think by hiding your sickness makes the other won’t feel burden? Do you think by hiding it you give them a relief? By you constantly collapsing will further make the others worry, you ,” Jeonghan clearly annoyed by the fact, He’s so stubborn and thinks he needs to carry everyone’s burden. Seunghceol just stare at his tea, “Look, Cheol, If you can’t share your burden with the others, please at least let me help you carry those burden, promise me please?” He begs Seungcheol to not be alone, he wants to let him now that Jeonghan is here for him, Seungcheol smile, “Gosh you really are something Yoon Jeonghan,” He smiles goes wider, and Jeonghan swears that smile warmed his heart again. 

---

HIII IM BACK Sorry for the very late updates, I promise I'll finish the story by this week, Be patient and don't forget to vote and comment below! THANKS

xxEmmsxx