Seven

claim you

 

It was already late at the night, Kyungsoo just bought a packet of ice cream for the pregnant omega, and was about to fall in deep, sweet slumber of sleep, when Jongin thought that it was a good idea to speak to his heart's content.

 

And the late (very late, please note) night conversation began.

 

“Don't you think I should buy some oversized shirts? I think… they w-”

 

“-uh, huh,” Kyungsoo hummed in response, covering his ears with the fluffy pillow.

 

“No, wait. I think I should buy fit ones, they will look better on me.” Jongin waved his hands in the air, seemingly forgetting that they were laying in dark and even though Kyungsoo was an alpha, he was still sleepy as and couldn't even open his eyes much less see any move in the dark. “Or maybe, okay alright. I think oversized is perfect.”

 

Kyungsoo only gently hummed at him, pulling him closer as if desperately trying to shut his omega up, because he's sleepy and he just wants to sl-

“But, I think. Don't you think we s-”

 

“-Jongin, what I think is we need some sleep.”

 

“But hyung, I don't feel sleepy at all. If anything, I want to go out and feel some fresh air on my face. Should I go?” Even though Kyungsoo couldn't see, he knew very well that Jongin was probably pouting, already.

 

“But, babe. It's…” He checks the time on his phone and nearly cries when the phone's light blinds him for a second. “I-it’s only one.

 

“So, you sleep. I want to go out.” Kyungsoo let him go. They have all the doors closed, windows too except their bedrooms, so there was no chance of his omega facing harm. He lets sleep take him, almost, very clo-

 

Hyung!” Jongin whisper-yells, slapping Kyungsoo lightly on his thigh. Kyungsoo groans in reply because seriously he can already feel an oncoming headache almost trying to knock him off. “It's dark and I am afraid of the dark. You know that, right?”

 

Kyungsoo knew even before Jongin admitted so. “So what do you want me to do, Nie?”

 

“Come with me, out in the balcony!”

 

“But-” I want to sleep! It was hard and very difficult to pull Kyungsoo out of the bed for the pregnant omega when Kyungsoo was laying on the bed with a dead weight but he pulled the stunt quiet smoothly if the fact that Jongin dropped Kyungsoo at the edge of the bed none too gently was not counted.

 

Accepting his lose in the end Kyungsoo decided it was better to follow Jongin out. He was an alpha after all and it wasn't entirely Jongin’s fault that the omega was pregnant now. He soullessly followed Jongin out, even though Jongin kept reassuring him that he could sleep on the couch that they keep in the balcony because he brought a pillow and a blanket for him, Kyungsoo couldn't help but feel the way the incoming headache was trying to knock him off his axes.

 

Sometimes throughout the night the thought that 'pregnancy is, after all, a pain in the !’ didn't change, in fact, stayed as if trying to make him accept the same without any doubts. However keeping in mind how much strong willed Kyungsoo is, he didn't let the thought win --

-- after all, they were waiting for the same news.

 

 

****

 

 

The morning came and Kyungsoo woke up with Jongin in his arms, and they were still in the balcony which meant that the sunlight was falling straight on his face and ! Kyungsoo groaned in annoyance, moving a little and burying his face in his mate’s soft chestnut brown hair. He inhaled once before letting sleep take over him again.

 

Several hours later when he woke up, it was already afternoon and Jongin wasn't with him. He got up quickly, still half sleepy but the panic took over his senses and within a few seconds, he was already out of the balcony and padding, barefoot, out of their bedroom. For the first few seconds he couldn't find Jongin and when he did find him, it was with the unexpected people. And, Dear Lord, their greatest enemy.

 

“What the are you doing here?” Kyungsoo growled, following the movements of his parents with his sharp eyes. He pulled Jongin closer to himself before standing in front of him. Now's not the time to think about his height but he hates himself for not being tall enough to hide Jongin completely behind him. However he is glad about one thing, he may lack in height, but the buff body of his gives enough warning to not come close to his omega. “What the are they doing here, Yixing?”

 

“They followed us,” Chanyeol answers in place of Yixing, looking apologetically at the other alpha. “It was a fault from our side, sorry.”

 

Kyungsoo sighed heavily. He clenched his jaw before looking back at his parents. “We are doing fine and I hope that's what you were here to check for. I want you o-”

 

“Kyungsoo, son, and look you are not taking care of yourself. And even Jongin doesn't look like he is taking care of himself. He looks… dull, Kyungsoo. His usual brightness is not there, he is not even glowing-”

 

That's exactly what you did to us, Mom.” Kyungsoo firmly spoke. “If you think I am not taking care of myself properly and Jongin is losing his usual glow than I don't think I need to tell you who's behind all that.” He stops, a smirk forms on his lips, the sadness in his eyes betrays his amusement, though. “And I don't understand why do we concern you so much in the first place. Don't you know, that's exactly what you wanted?”

 

His parents go quiet, they look guilty but Kyungsoo’s having none of that - or at least he tries to not show how much he's hurting. Jongin fists the back of his shirt, he knows Jongin can feel his distress. “I think you should go back. I-it’s better if you leave me and my omega with our family. True family.

 

The words hit his parents to the core of their heart, he can feel it. At least almost twenty years with his parents taught how to read their expressions.

 

“We are really sorry, Kyungsoo.” His father begins, at last, his deep voice resonating in the silence of their living room. The old man looks on the brink of losing his sanity -- just what happened when he ran away from the city? “We’ve realized our mistake and we apologize for not understanding you both, son. But, please come back.”

 

Kyungsoo stays silent, Jongin is growing anxious by each passing seconds. That's not good for Jongin and the baby.

 

Please, both of you. Your parents need you.” Kyungsoo scoffs, loud enough for them to know that he doesn't think much of their words than that they are clearly speaking b - ull.

 

“I will give you two minutes to leave. Otherwise, I won't hesitate to throw you out of my house-”

 

“-Kyungsoo, shut up,” Jongin shouts, shutting the alpha off. The room goes silent after Jongin’s sudden outburst as Kyungsoo stares wide-eyed at his mate. “You can't speak to your parents like that.

 

“I can't speak to them like that, what the hell do you mean, Jongin?” Kyungsoo shouts back, ignoring the way Jongin shivers and shakes at his loud voice, stepping a little away from the alpha. Jongin loosely wraps his arms around his stomach, looking down at the ground. Small tears fell out of his eyes and Kyungsoo ignores the instant jab of pain in his heart. “You know clearly well, Jongin, why I am speaking to them like that. This, this way we are living, hiding from my so-called parents is nothing but because of them! We are literally living in fear, we can't go out-”

 

“-but that doesn't mean you can talk to them like that.” Jongin softly insists, trying to explain himself. “Despite… whatever they did to us, Kyungsoo, they are still your parents. You can't speak to them, like that. They are older than y-”

 

“-Jongin, I would really like it if you take some rest in our bedroom.” Kyungsoo orders with a stern tone, pointing toward their bedroom. Jongin looks crestfallen as he stares at Kyungsoo, disbelief, and hurt appears on his face but before it could break him down, he turns around and looks back at his parents and his friends. Silence settles between them and as he stares at his parents face, they seem guilty. Kyungsoo couldn't agree more, it's their entire fault after all.

 

The soft click of their bedroom door tells him that Jongin’s already inside their bedroom. He gulps the rising bile in his throat -- he needs to apologies to Jongin as soon as he is free from this drama.

 

“... and Jongin is pregnant, he needs proper care. Someone who ca-”

 

Wait, hold on. What? How do you…? Did you guys-”

 

“I am a mother, Kyungsoo and I know.”

 

“Out, now!” Kyungsoo growls “Out, now!” He doesn't wait for any reply and walks out of there and toward their terrace. Mother, my foot.

 

 

****

 

 

Jongin backs away from the door, hearing a loud bang of a door closing -- Kyungsoo must be going to terrace. A small, faint sound of a door clicking in place, signals that Kyungsoo’s parents already left. Kyungsoo must be really angry; he's sure.

 

Jongin continues staring up at the ceiling for God knows how long, blinking occasionally to stop the threatening tears to fall out of his eyes. There was no need to argue with Kyungsoo if he's to be honest and Kyungsoo was right after all. But, the way Kyungsoo talked to his parents didn't sit well with him. Whatever they did in the past doesn't mean that they shouldn't be respected anymore when they feel guilty for whatever they did. They were here to apologize for their mistake, after all.

 

Maybe it's because he is pregnant now and will soon be a mother to their unborn child that he could feel the way Mrs. Do was breaking at each harsh word spoken by Kyungsoo -- their own son -- to her and her husband. After all, parents forgive their children when they do a mistake, no matter how big the mistake is, then why the children couldn't? -- He needs to talk about that to Kyungsoo.

 

But more than that, what actually (maybe) annoys, Jongin is the fact that Kyungsoo doesn't care about his opinion, wasn't Kyungsoo the one who promised him that they will be equal in this relationship? So his thoughts and opinions should matter to Kyungsoo -- he needs to talk about that too.

He stares at his barely visible baby bump, biting his lower lip to stop the threatening smile along with the happy tears. For what, he's only one month pregnant but he knows Kyungsoo’s mother was right. He needs someone who knows about pregnancy stuff because as much as he would like to deny, they are nothing but as clueless as a newborn lamb.

 

And if they don't want any mis-happening during his pregnancy period, they need to forgive Kyungsoo’s parents. And it's not like he's ready to tell his own parents about his pregnancy.

 

 

****

 

 

Kyungsoo straightens up, walking toward their kitchen to see that Jongin’s already making breakfast for them. Oh! It's so inconsiderate of him, Jongin is pregnant and he shouldn't pressure himself when Kyungsoo’s there to help him out. He stares at Jongin’s back, watching the steady rise and fall of his breathing and the way he unsurprisingly fails at picking up a (burnt) pancake from the pan. He shakes his head, smiling fondly at his mate before walking behind him and taking the pan from his hands. “Go, sit.” He softly orders, ignoring the way Jongin stiffens a little before nodding slowly and walking toward the dining table. It's awkward and the silence uncomfortable and Kyungsoo blames no one but his own so-called parents for this situation.

 

Minutes pass in silence as Kyungsoo occasionally looks at Jongin before focusing back on pancakes. He doesn't understand why Jongin wants to eat pancakes when they ate it just yesterday. Eating pancakes are like a routine now, every day or if not every day then every second day. To be honest, Kyungsoo is already getting bored of eating pancakes. And it's not like he could cook something else, back in the city he didn't need to make food, of course, there were maids to do that. It's another thing that he learned a bit here and there, nothing much but pancakes and a few other dishes.

 

And Jongin, he is even worse than Kyungsoo when it comes to cooking something or anything, in general.

 

“You know, right… I am sorry for shouting at you earlier?” Kyungsoo asks, putting the last pancake on the plate and looks back at Jongin, watching as the omega nods slowly once, then again before finally sighing. “J-Jongin… whatever you said earlier, that I shouldn't talk to my parents like that-”

-exactly, Kyungsoo. They are your parents and you can't talk to them like that!”

 

“What has gotten into you, Jongin?! Don't you know what they did to us? They tried to separate us! I left you alone when you needed me the most, why? Because my parents threatened me that they will harm you.”

 

Jongin remains silent for a few seconds, hoping Kyungsoo do not notice the way he trembles under his mate's sharp gaze. “I-I am going out… to play with the puppies.” He stands up from the chair and turns around, hearing a loud sigh behind him in the process.

 

Kyungsoo fast walks behind him and holds his omega’s wrist in a tight grasp. “Eat, first.” He orders, no apologies or whatsoever for the previous outburst. When Jongin seems reluctant to follow his words, he forcefully turns him around and makes him sit on the chair, pinning him with a hard glare. “Eat. For our babies.” And then walks out from there and toward their bedroom, closing the door with a loud bang.

 

For our babies. Jongin gulps the bitter taste of pancakes down his throat with warm tears falling out of his soft, brown eyes.

 

 

****

 

 

“I will be waiting for you in the car. We are going out, in the city. Get ready.” Kyungsoo announces, already walking toward the door of the house without even sparing Jongin a single glance.

 

“In the city? Why?”

 

“For your checkup or what?” His tone was harsh and he winced internally at his own insensitivity. Kyungsoo is angry but more than that he's guilty of treating Jongin so bad. He wants to apologize to Jongin again, the omega is pregnant and he needs to keep Jongin away from anything which tenses him, but then again his alpha pride is not allowing him so.

 

He wants Jongin to apologize to him first.

 

 

*

 

 

The car ride to the city was, as expected, silent. Jongin didn't ask him anything and Kyungsoo didn't even try to initiate a conversation between them. It was, for a lack of word, suffocating.

 

From what he remembers everything was fine till this morning and then it clicks, the credit goes to his parents.

 

When they finally arrive the city hospital, Jongin speaks, his voice unusually quiet and distant. “Don't you think your parents would find us or worse, mine?”

“They already know where we are hiding. It doesn't matter. And for yours, it's not like they can do anything to us.” He shrugs, walking out of the car and toward Jongin’s side, opening the door later.

 

At least he didn't forget basic decency for his mate.

 

 

*

 

 

Their number comes and when Kyungsoo asks Jongin if he wants Kyungsoo to come with him for the check-up with the doctor, the omega refuses. Kyungsoo only gulps the bitter taste of rejection down his throat and with a nod quietly sits down on the chair kept in the corridor, head hung low.

 

Jongin wordlessly walks out of there and follows the nurse toward the doctor's room.

 

Now, it's not exactly Jongin’s mistake, he was the first one who started this and so, even though he doesn't want to accept, Jongin’s behavior is on some extent understandable. But the baby in Jongin’s stomach is his too, so isn't it his right too, to check on his pregnant mate and the baby?

 

Well, it's not like he can walk now. Jongin will probably skin him alive, keeping in mind how much the omega is angry with him.

 

About fifteen minutes later Jongin comes back with the doctor, with a bright smile on his face and Kyungsoo’s heart skips a beat - oh! how much he missed that smile. Though the smile disappears as soon as the omega's gaze falls on him. Kyungsoo’s wavers too, but he doesn't let the hurt show on his face or at least hopes he's doing a good job in doing so.

 

After a brief introduction between them (and Kyungsoo pulls Jongin closer to himself, wrapping an arm around his waist, because the doctor was being extra touchy with his mate), the doctor with a kind smile (maybe Kyungsoo judged him a little too fast, at least Jongin’s scoff proves him that) briefly explains about precautions to be taken during Jongin’s pregnancy and — since he is a male and due to some medical history — healthy diet that Jongin needs to follow, if they want a healthy baby. With a soft, “that's all. I've already explained everything to your mate and if there are any problems don't hesitate to contact us.” and a handshake with Kyungsoo walks back to his room, calling the next one in line.

 

*

 

 

“They are saying that because of the hit on my stomach, we need to take extra care.” Jongin breaks the silence inside the car, yet again and Kyungsoo thanks him mentally for doing so.

 

“We do need to do that.” He answers, now that wasn't exactly a very good reply but, anything is better than not replying at all.

 

Jongin’s annoyed stare at him proves him wrong for thinking so in the first place.

 

“Jongin, I don't understand why we are behaving like this in the first place,” Kyungsoo says further, stopping the car in a secluded area. It's dark outside, a little dangerous, but all the doors and windows of the car are already locked. “It's been a whole day and we haven't properly talked since… morning. Are-are we on… good terms?” It's strange, really. They are mates and here they are talking as if they are nothing but mere strangers who didn't meet for more than a few times only.

 

Jongin remains silent, looking out of the window in the dark, fiddling nervously with his fingers on his lap. “Jongin? You need to understand, I am doing all this just to keep us safe, our unborn baby needs safety and I am trying my best to provide so.”

 

“Are you?” Jongin asks with a tired voice, finally looking back at him. “Because if you ask me, I don't think that you are even ensuring our safety. When you leave for the city, I live alone in that big house for God knows how long. We aren't sure about the guards, Chanyeol hyung isn't too. He hasn't visited that place for so long that he didn't even remember how it looked like. Don't you think we need to live with somebody and now more so because I am pregnant?”

 

“Kyungsoo, look I know that what your parents did to us wasn't right. And even I can never forgive them fully for what they did to me. I've been hurt more than you, Kyungsoo. But they are sorry for what they did to us and I think we need to forgive them.”

 

“Is that so? Do you really want me to forget that they threatened to k-”

 

“-if you loved me so much, then why did you back down, Kyungsoo? You are an alpha, right? Then you should have fought for me, that was so unnatural of you to back down with a warning.”

 

Kyungsoo was stunned, not just because Jongin was arguing with him but… what he just said.

 

“Kyungsoo you have no idea how I was living in my home after you canceled the wedding. And not only that, how you didn't even bother to talk to me during school. You didn't call me, you didn't message me. You didn't reply to any of my calls or messages even though you've read them within a few seconds. How you didn't come to check me after that incident, I remember everything, Kyungsoo and I am not going to lie, that those months didn't come back in my mind. I still live in insecurity that you will leave me someday. But I believe you and trust you. And our love too. I believe if it wasn't for our love, then we wouldn't be here, at all. Kyungsoo, I forgave you for your mistake every single time, since our… first meeting when you thought it was fun to pour the glass of water over my head in front of hundreds of students and a few teachers. And you… laughed, Kyungsoo. If you really think I forgot it all, then no. I didn't. I remember everything and yet I gave you another chance and the proof is… our child. My pregnancy.”

 

“We are still in early stage of our relationship. We don't know each other for even a year and yet we came together because our wolves were attracted to each other. We are mates, our wolves can't stay away from each other no matter what, but… Kyungsoo do you even love me as a human?” Jongin keeps mum for a moment, eyes wide at his own question but he doesn't let the tension increase, instead tries to change the topic, not noticing the way Kyungsoo’s eyes water at his question -- doubt. “I forgave you, Kyungsoo. Then why can't you forgive your parents? Kyungsoo we need to move on from the past, I am pregnant and I need someone to take care of me when you are not with me. I am eighteen, Kyungsoo and I am pregnant and I know nothing of pregnancy.”

 

“Remember you promised me that we will be equal in this relationship than why don't you want to listen to my thoughts and opinions? Why don't you respect them? Instead of shutting me off with a loud shout, why don't you listen to me and try to understand what I want to say?”

 

“We need to move on, for the sake of our baby.” Jongin finishes, wondering when he started crying while speaking. Kyungsoo was still silent and a single glance at Kyungsoo made him realize that Kyungsoo cried too, however, is no more.

 

You think I don't love you… as a human?” Jongin furiously shakes his head. He knew Kyungsoo would point that out. “And here I was thinking that I made it pretty obvious that I cannot live without you since the passing months that we spent together. I-I thought that I made it obvious that I find nothing more beautiful than your smile, for just that beautiful smile, I can do anything. Your laugh, it may sound funny but I find nothing more melodious than your laugh. That I find it endearing when you literally burn our breakfast and pout at me whenever I scold for even entering the kitchen in the first place instead of annoying. That I think that I've definitely done well in my past life to have a mate like you. You know how good it feels whenever you ask me to cuddle with you because you couldn't sleep even though you are already sleepy and sleep in my arms within a few minutes?-”

 

“Kyungsoo!” Jongin stops him, climbing on the alpha's lap when Kyungsoo doesn't stop speaking. He grabs Kyungsoo's face in his hands, wondering when Kyungsoo lost his usual glow now that they are so close to each other. “I am sorry,” Jongin whispers, wiping the stray tear that feels from Kyungsoo’s eyes. “I am really sorry. I didn't want to say that… and I am sorry. Please, stop.” He leans down a little, Kyungsoo’s breath fanning softly on his cheek before Kyungsoo releases a heavy breath through his mouth.

 

There's a heavy silence. It's not exactly a confession but more than that. Kyungsoo literally laid his heart down for him and the only thing that matters to Jongin is that Kyungsoo does love him. Not that he didn't know that if the alpha does or not but because his insecurity got the best of him. Which is bad, in a sense. After what feels like forever, when Kyungsoo finally wraps his arms around his tiny waist, relief floods his body. He doesn't notice that Kyungsoo has already started crying again until the alpha presses his face against his stomach, soft whimpers escape his lips and Jongin understands and realizes that he wants nothing but Kyungsoo with him. And now their unborn child.

 

“I am sorry, Jongin. Sorry for… everything.”

 

 

*

 

 

During the night, while sleeping, Jongin explained everything to Kyungsoo about what the doctor advised him to do and not to do. He later admitted that he wasn't exactly angry with Kyungsoo but he just wanted Kyungsoo to understand him too. He was repressed by his own family after they found out that he was an omega, they didn't care about his thoughts and opinions and all and if possible hated him as if he wasn't their own blood in the first place. He wanted to be heard and he expected Kyungsoo to hear him out because their relationship was for forever. They were meant to live together for as long as they are alive.

 

Kyungsoo admitted too. He apologized to Jongin again and again while kissing his head. He told him that he doesn't hate his parents but he doesn't even like them. After what happened in the past with them, what they did to their own son and his mate, he thought that it's impossible for him to trust them anymore and when Jongin said that he should talk to his parents with respect and forgive them, that he couldn't do and would never do, he grew furious and felt cheated because his own mate wasn't there to stand with him.

 

They slept together, the confession and heart to heart conversation; the passionate kiss that they shared led them toward spending a passionate night for God knows after how many weeks.

 

 

****

 

 

One more month of pregnancy and after mornings spent in nothing but vomiting and nausea, their relationship only grew stronger. Since Kyungsoo’s parents already found their hiding place, Kyungsoo found a job in the city. It paid well and for the time being that was exactly what they needed.