On My Heart, She Placed Her Hand

Keep Your Hands to Yourself

"Oh my, thank goodness we changed to the backcourt instead of the one near the school gym like we finally get some peace and quiet without the screaming girls," Yugyeom said as he jogged toward the court where the hyungs were already waiting.

"But are you sure the girls won't find us here?" I said in worry.

"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, believe in me ok? I went around asking the girls if they're coming to cheer us on and double checked that they go to the other court instead of this one" Yugyeom gave me a slap on the shoulders and gave me a confident smile after I caught up to him.

"Yah yah yah, you freshmen dare to make us seniors wait huh?" Yoongi hyung shouted as he squatted down in the middle of the court as the others warmed up around him.

"Come quickly! We only have an hour left." Namjoon hyung called from the court as well. Yugyeom and I ran quickly to the court and started warming up. I only moved from Busan last year and attended last year of middle school with Yugyeom. When we graduated and became high schoolers, Yugyeom introduced me to many people who used to be his seniors in middle school before I arrived. The seniors are Jin hyung, Namjoon hyung, Yoongi hyung and Mark hyung. The sophomores are Hoseok hyung, Jaebum hyung, Jinyoung hyung, Youngjae hyung and Jackson hyung. There is also Taehyun, Jimin, and Bambam who are also freshmen but they are from different classes. 

"Yah," I said to Yugeyom as we stretch before the game,"Are you sure the girl I bumped into earlier is alright? She seemed a little be shocked and when we left, she was still sitting on the ground, dazed." 

Yugyeom gave a small chuckle and said in a very unconvincing manner, "Yeah, she should be fine." Yugyeom continued to laugh after replying me vaguely which caused me to wonder if he actually knew the girl. After we finished stretching, we split up into two teams: Yoongi hyung, Jaebum hyung, Jackson hyung, Jimin and Yugyeom on one team and Namjoon hyung, Mark hyung, Jinyoung hyung, Hoseok hyung and I are the other team. Most of the people with us right now are on the school basketball team and this isn't just a friendly lunch break game, to us this was also considered training just without our coach with us. Halfway through the game, we all started to hear cheering and squeaking from the sidelines. I turned and saw the typical cheering squad appear and I completely froze in my spot. 

"They're really something," Jaebum hyung said next to me, "Can't believe they even managed to find us here." 

"Honestly, why can't they just let us practice in peace and quiet." Jinyoung hyung said running up next to us.

"Yah, don't be stupid, you want them to leave because you want peace and quiet. But poor Jungkook here can't even function with them around." Youngjae said and placed his arm over Jungkook's shoulder. 

"Don't worry Jungkook. I'll protect you." Taehyun suddenly said to the group and walked toward the girl. He started talking to the girl and within seconds, the girls started hitting him in complaints and shoved him to the side. Jin hyung ran up to care for Taehyun and brought him back to the group

"Yah, what did you say to the girls?" Jin hyung asked when they were away from the girls

"I only ask them to either stay quiet or leave but they said I was annoying and to mind my own business. Then they pushed me away because I was blocking their view of Jungkook. I swear women are scary." Taehyun then started to fake cry and placed his head on Jin hyung's shoulder.

I had enough of making others suffer because of me, however, before I could muster up the courage to ask the girls to leave, Mark hyung called from near the hoop, "Jaebum-ah, don't worry about them just let them be. They'll leave eventually just pretend that there is a wall there ok? Let's continue with the game before Yoongi here decides to go back to sleep again." Everyone agreed with Mark hyung's word because it'll be hard to make Yoongi hyung play again until after school. We all got back to our game and I tried my very best to stay focus on the game and ignore the screaming and cheering of those high-pitched noises. Yet, we didn't really play much and a girl with short blonde hair and a bomber jacket literally walked in during the game and grabbed Yugyeom out of the court.

"Goddammit, what's going on now?" Yoongi hyung said in frustration and took a seat at one of the benches. The girl dragged Yugyeom all the way to a bench that was near the school building. Another girl was there waiting for them and after they all sat down for a while, Yugyeom jumped up from the seat when the two girls started slapping his arm. After negotiation, I guess, Yugyeom started coming back to the court with the two girls behind him. As they got closer, I finally realized that the girl with the long hair was the same girl whom I bumped into in the hallway earlier. Before the three arrived at the court, I could hear the girls from the sidelines gossiping about them, especially the one I bumped into. 

"Yah, why are they coming to the court? Especially that Yumi, I thought she usually stay away from people. Did she start eating here because she knew that the basketball team was practicing here?"

"But what's Jeongyeon's relationship with Yugyeom though. How can she just control him like that? I swear even on the first day of school I never like this duo." Another girl complaint. 

"Guys, we shouldn't talk about anyone like that ok? Remember, don't judge a book by its cover right?" A girl said to the group and I looked back from behind my shoulder to see who said it. It turned out to be Mina who was in the same class as me. 

Another girl tapped Mina quickly on her "Yah yah yah Mina! Did you see that!? Jungkook looked back at you! You got his attention!" The girl squealed in a whisper as if she was quiet at all about it.

"Wow, Mina! You got to be the first girl Jungkook ever laid eyes on!" Another girl said once again in the same not whisper like manner. If only they knew what had happen earlier with this girl they called Yumi then I don't know if they'll be as happy as they are right now. Yugyeom and the two girls came back to the court and were stopped by Namjoon hyung first. Yugyeom quickly gave Namjoon hyung an explanation and then grabbed Yumi's wrist and walked toward my direction. Before I could speak or run away, Yugyeom daringly placed her hand on the left side of my chest and suddenly the world around me stopped. My mind froze and before me, I see a curious Yugyeom who kept asking her questions. The girl, on the other hand, was as flustered as me and I could feel her trying to pull her hand away but Yugyeom persisted. Just who is this girl? How can she just come into my life suddenly like this? How come I don't feel that weird with her compared to other girls. How did she make my heart stop all of a sudden?

 

Author's note: Hello all! Thank you so much for reading! Just like what undergroundmuses suggested, I made the dialogues a little bit separated so it is easier to read. If you have any more suggestion, ideas or comments please do tell me!!!! I had to write this chapter twice because my computer shut down and I didn't save anything T.T But tbh I like this one better because it's written fro Jungkook's perspective instead of Yumi's. Thank you to kpopluver3, Eileen0412, undergroundmuses, liningstar and Ginger_snap120 for subscribing!!! I'll see you guys in a few days!!!