1. What the Hell is He!?

Keep Your Hands to Yourself

"Yah fatass ! Get up already!" I heard a disgusting voice screeched from down the hall.
I let out a deep and frustrating sigh and shouted back, "Shut up Kim Yugyeom or else I'll pull all your hair out until you become bald before dad!" I violently sat up from my comfortable cushion and opened my eyes slightly in which I was welcomed by the blinding light of the late summer sun. School started two weeks ago but to be honest, I am still not used to waking up early yet. Furthermore, we had to be up even earlier than during middle school because our high school was farther thus, traveling took more time. Then suddenly my eyes shot open and a shocking realization came to my mind. Underneath my breath, I whispered, "He didn't...did he?" I jumped off my bed and opened my door. My eye swing right to the bathroom door just in time to catch my brother entering it with a smirk on his face. "Yah! Kim Yugyeom don't you dare!" However, before I could reach the door, he already locked it. From inside the washroom, I could hear his evil laugh as he does his daily "routine" and I started whining outside the washroom door. 
From downstairs in the kitchen I could hear my mom call, "Yumi honey are you up? Get ready quickly or else you'll be late." 
"Mom, Kim Yugyeom is doing it again!" I cried out for help to her.
"Then get changed first ok? You know your brother needs to go every morning." 
"I swear he's doing it on purpose though!" Right after I finished complaining, the washroom door opened and my brother stood there proudly as if he saved the entire humanity. 
"The washroom is all yours, my dear little sister." He gave me an irritating smile then went back to his room in joy and content. I walked closer to the washroom and said a silent prayer in my heart for hope and protection. Yet, my hope was destroyed when the smell of rotten seafood and overly old cheese creep into my nostril and sending chills down my entire body.
With all the strength I have left in me I screamed at the top of my lungs, "Kim Yugeyom!"

With another bad start to my morning, my eyebrows slanted forward still even when I arrived in my classroom. However, I did not care about what my face look like nor do I care about what others think of me. None of these mattered to me as long as people keep themselves away because I do not like to know anything. What I have could be called a gift if you see it like how my dumb brother does. But to me, this "gift" is nothing but a curse. Would you believe me if I said I could read your mind? No, I'm not psychic but I could read a person's mind if I make physical contact with them. There was a time when I thought it was a special talent but that was a very wrong mindset. To other people, I'm nothing other than a freak. I stopped opening myself to others expect for my best friend Jeongyeon who understood me and stood up for me when everyone else took up a stone to condemn me. Speaking of the devil, here she comes with her altered uniform and bomber jacket.
"Morning Yumi-ah~, " She said to me as she waved hi and smiling to me.
"Hm, Jeongyeon-ah~" I whined to her quietly and started going off about how much of a pain my brother was this morning again. Jeongyeon grew up with Yugyeom and me and she is basically a part of the family. 
"He did it again?" I nodded rapidly and rested my head on her shoulder, "Aigoo, it's ok next time we can just throw some spider on him when he's sleeping, ok?" Jeongyeon said as a joking comfort. I smiled at her and soon the school bell ranged and class officially started for today.

Before I knew it, it was already lunch break and I see people eagerly run out of the classroom with their friends and the race for lunch specials began. I looked at the ocean of student running down the hall and half of me wished I was a part of that life but I knew I would never be able to fit in. Just imagining bumping into everyone and have their thoughts consume me like a tsunami made me sick to the core. Jeongyeon came up next to me and tap me on the shoulder, "Yumi I forgot to grab my lunch today, do you want anything from the cafe?" 
Without a second thought, I answered,"Orange!" as quick as possible. Jeongyeon's face melts into a motherly smile and left the classroom towards the cafe. After the crowd left, I picked up my own lunch box and started walking to my usual lunch area at the back of the school near the basketball field. My face broke into a stupid smile as I think about Jeongyeon coming back with my favorite thing in the world. As I walked down the long hallway, I could hear footstep behind me but I figured that there was a small chance where I would touch anyone.
However, a voice from behind me shouted, "Yah, Kim Yugyeom where are you throwing the ball?" Before I was able to recognize that name as the name of my stupid brother, a body slammed into me from behind and when I turned around all I saw was an orange basketball and also a head of dark brown hair. The bump with the guy made me fall onto the ground, thankfully my lunch was not damaged. "I'm sorry, are you alright?" I looked up with my shocked eyes and saw the face of a boy with perfectly smooth skin and big eyes. Due to the shock, I just nodded my head without saying anything, keeping my eyes on him in questioning. Before I noticed how long I've been staring at him, my brother came up and patted him on the shoulder.
"Yah, Jeon Jungkook, you don't have to care about her, she's alright. Come on! Hyungs are still waiting for us!" After saying that the boy stood up and walked off with my brother after making sure I was alright. I stayed on the floor even after they left. Even the text from Jeongyeon did not make me stand up. What just happened? I questioned myself. Usually, I would be shocked because the person's thought would flow into me. However, this was different. No thought came in. My mind was like a calm sea and the storm never came. Why couldn't I read his mind when I was sure he would be thinking at that moment. But there was no thought about me nor was there a thought about how stupid my brother was. Jeon Jungkook, what the hell are you...?

 

 

Author's Note: Hello! Thank you all for reading the first chapter! I hope it's not that badly written and if you have any thought, comment or suggestion I'd be glad to hear them! Plus, thank you to LLtophyun and googlemaniac for subscribing!!!