Her Baekhyun ❤

Not Really
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Hyo Soo lifted her face from her hands and stared at her sister weirdly. “Come again?” she asked with her face screwed in confusion, as if her sister’s question didn’t make any sense at all. Insoo pressed her lips into a displeased line before sighing in resignation. “I asked you how your little whatever with Baekhyun even started!” she repeated with her voice rising up in annoyance.

 

Hyo Soo nibbled on her lip, her eyes staring up at the ceiling as her memories take her back to the very first conversation she shared with Byun Baekhyun. The guy was really just dared to talk to her by his friends. It was just a simple DM through Instagram.

 

“Is your hair naturally curly like that?” was what he had first sent her. She remembered just recently posting a picture of herself then and Baekhyun was one of the first to like it. His DM then came a couple of seconds later. Hyo Soo was about to put her phone away since she was finished with it but the tiny ding stopped her.

 

She checked the message, her brows knitting together because she didn’t know who the guy was. She also was weirded out that he messaged her out of nowhere. Without much thought though, she replied with a measly, “It’s wavy and yes… it’s natural.”

 

Before she could even close the app, she saw that he was typing a reply and decided to wait for it. “Oh. My friends think you’re pretty,” he said, no emoji or any indication that what he said was a joke or not. Nevertheless, Hyo Soo timidly responded with a thank you.

 

She waited for him to type something out but he didn’t so Hyo Soo closed the app and locked her phone. She had walked away from it, just about to leave her room and head to the kitchen but then her phone dinged again. She paused mid-step. She had no idea why she even wanted to know what else this stranger had to say but she does, so she her heels and grabbed her phone again.

 

She took it with her to the kitchen as she opened his message. “Will you go out with me?” it read, making Hyo Soo choke on thin air. Her sister looked at her weirdly but didn’t care enough to ask if she was okay or what happened. Hyo Soo put her phone down for a moment to drink some water.

 

She never would’ve expected him to do that. How random of him? How weird! But how intriguing… Hyo Soo ended up just staring at the message, tapping on her chin in thought. “I don’t know you though…” was the genius reply that her brain thought of. She face palmed right when the message was sent.

 

She felt absolutely ridiculous because why was she even thinking too much for a reply? Why didn’t she think of saying no either? She looked down on her phone again and saw Baekhyun typing, it took him quite a while and she somehow found herself staring at his display picture instead.

 

Her thumb seemed to move on its own. She clicked on his profile and found herself scrolling through photos and videos of this attractive stranger who asked her out so suddenly. Hyo Soo scoffed. It had to be some sort of joke. This offensively handsome man cannot be asking her out for real.

 

The more she looked through his photos though, a smile slowly creeped on her face. A familiar ding sounded all of a sudden and there his message was for her. It read, “I’m Baekhyun. We go to the same university and I’m really just dared to do this. I’m sorry.”

 

Hyo Soo couldn’t help but laugh. She was right after all. She quickly typed out an, “It’s cool.” She shook her head and put her phone down. Insoo was already calling her weird for grinning like an idiot for no apparent reason. Hyo Soo merely shrugged, walking to the fridge to look for some food to cook.

 

She had almost forgotten about her phone and Baekhyun when she started to cook but then another ding came. Hyo Soo tried not to be too excited to see what the message was. She peeked at her phone and waited a couple of minutes before actually reading his message. A smile started dance on her lips one more time but she clamped down on her lip to try and stop it.

 

“So... Will you go out with me?”

 

Hyo Soo didn’t at all take it seriously but she wanted to just test her luck. He was handsome and cute, she was single. She didn’t see anything wrong with meeting up. They’re from the same university too! So she agreed to it. When Insoo knew about this, she , telling her that he was probably some creepy weirdo.

 

Hyo Soo only laughed at that. Numbers were soon exchanged and before Hyo Soo knew it, they were both at the university café, having a cup of coffee. There wasn’t much that happened. They barely even talked but for some weird reason, they sort of just clicked. Baekhyun would take days to text and reply.

 

He would randomly ask to meet her or sometimes, he’d just tell her to wait outside of her classroom. He would show up, nod his head for her to follow him and they just ended up in places, restaurants, cafes and even at his apartment. Baekhyun is fairly pleasant. He had this warm yet mysterious vibe to him and that intrigued her, made her unknowingly fall for the guy.

 

Hyo Soo took a deep breath and slowly let it out. Insoo was stupidly grinning at her now that she’s shared how Baekhyun and she started out. She rolled her eyes at her sister and went back to burying her face into her hands. She is like this because she realized that she doesn’t just like Baekhyun. She has completely fallen in damn love with the guy.

 

 

Today, Baekhyun weirdly felt like staying home so instead of a rare thought of taking Hyo Soo out, he just texted her to come over. She gladly did and as usual, they were in the same room for hours but didn’t even pay attention to each other. Hyo Soo was reading something online while Baekhyun was busy playing computer games.

 

The rare moments that they even glanced at each other is when one of them felt thirsty or hungry and wondered if the other is feeling the same as well. Lunch came and the two decided on just eating pizza. Of course, they were pretty much distracted with their own things while eating lunch too.

 

Afterwards, Baekhyun took it upon himself to clean up after themselves. He got out of his room to throw their trash away. Hyo Soo, who was tired from reading, kept her laptop away and sat cross-legged on his bed. She has her chin propped on her fist, staring at Baekhyun as he walked back in. Baekhyun scowled at her. “What are you staring at?”

 

“My boyfriend.” His scowl flattened, his eyes slightly growing wide. For some weird reason, hearing her say it out loud is making him blush a little. To mask this, Baekhyun awkwardly cleared his throat and rolled his eyes at her. “Move over. I want to take a nap,” he said as he made his way to his bed. Hyo Soo did as she’s told, moving aside so Baekhyun could take half of the bed.

 

He expected her to lie down with him because she usually does but it surprised him that instead of lying down facing away from him like what she’s accustomed to, she scooted closer and even snuggled up against him. Baekhyun found it weird. His heart was weirdly beating a little faster too. “What are you doing?!” he almost shrieked because of the panic his increasing heartrate brought.

 

Hyo Soo let out a sigh before moving away. “I-I don’t know. I’m sorry,” she awkwardly said, frowning a little and shifting to face away from him. Now that there’s a distance between them and her pretty face isn’t up too close, his heart calmed down some. He looked at her back curiously, suddenly sensing that something’s bothering her.

 

His brows furrowed in worry. “What’s up with you? Period?” He heard Hyo Soo sigh one more time and saw her shaking her head. “Just...” Then her shoulders bobbed. “…thinking.” Baekhyun couldn’t help himself. He shifted so that he’s facing her back and he moved just a little bit closer. He ignored how his heart just reacted. “Of what?” he asked softly, considerately.

 

Hyo Soo bit her lip, thinking whether she should really open up to him or not. It had been two weeks since Jongin’s birthday party and she has been messed up ever since. It was just how he treated her that day, how strongly she felt and her stupid thoughts. She tried to be herself, to be the same laid back and uncaring person that she is but she just couldn’t.

 

Baekhyun softly called her name out when she took too long to reply and even if she couldn’t see his face right now, she can feel the worry laced in his tone. She could just imagine his brows heavily furrowed. She shut her eyes and said, “Us?” He was silent then. Hyo Soo mentally cursed because she knew she shouldn’t have brought it up. But she’s already started this.

 

“A-Are we really together?” she pushed herself to say. Still, Baekhyun was silent. Hyo Soo didn’t know why but her eyes started to sting. The longer the silence between them stretched, the more she felt like crying. “Yeah,” he finally replied.

 

It should’ve been okay. He confirmed it himself and yet Hyo Soo still felt her eyes watering. Her chest felt stuffy and pained for some reason. “Oh… Okay,” she managed to say back, thankfully without her voice cracking. She shut her eyes tighter, silently praying in her head that he doesn’t say anything else anymore.

 

While she was busy hoping Baekhyun would just fall asleep, she was the one who ended up succumbing to slumber. About two hours later, Hyo Soo woke up feeling nice and warm, her arms tightly wrapped around Baekhyun with her ear pressed to his chest, hearing his steady and calming heartbeat.

 

It was an odd position to wake up in. She wasn’t one to really move around in her sleep so she had no idea how she ended up being so close to him like this. Slowly, still slightly disorient from sleep, she lifted her head. She was expecting to see Baekhyun still sleeping but he was wide awake and staring right at her. Her eyes widened as she shyly untangled herself from him.

 

Hyo Soo bit her lip, worried that they would get awkward bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter