Part 3-Final

The Affair

Practically burning with anger Irene turned around to leave only to see that the subject of her anger had arrived.

"Irene" Seulgi was ofcourse surprised to see her there. Seulgi's eyes went from the Kangaroo to Irene finally registering what was going on "Irene. We need to talk"

"We don't" Irene started making her way towards the door.

"Irene stop!" Seulgi called following her.

Not knowing where she was going Irene started climbing up the stairs.

"Irene c'mon we can talk about this" Seulgi spoke again trying to catch up with the girl.

"Why should we when we didn't talk about it when we were married?" Irene retorted not stopping.

"Where the hell are you going?" Seulgi was getting tired of climbing up the stairs.

"Why do you care?" Irene yelled fastening her pace if that was even possible.

By the time Irene had reached the rooftop she was shaking with anger. She didn't stop walking until she reached the end. Slamming her hands on the concrete wall she tried to at least calm some of her anger which didn't help at all leaving her hand throbbing in pain.

"Joohyun!" And with the mention of that name Irene turned around to see Seulgi behind her panting hard. "What are you doing?"

"Don't worry! I'm not gonna jump if that's what you think" Irene took a breath before continuing. "I got divorced because of a Kangaroo, I'm not gonna die because of it"

"Calm dow-" Irene didn't even let the girl finish her sentence.

"CALM DOWN!! You're telling me to calmdown. How could I? Is this all a joke to you Seulgi?" Irene furrowed her brows before asking the next question "How did you even call it? Did you give that thing a phone?"

"I call my mom or Wendy who looks after it most of the time" Seulgi answered with a small voice.

"Why? Why the hell didn't you tell me about it? Why did you hide that thing?" She ran a hand through her feeling more frustrated than ever "And who the hell gave you a freaking Kangaroo"

"That 'thing' has a name Joohyun" Seulgi's anger was also slowly rising by now.

"Do I look like I care? I hate it" Irene yelled back.

"See! This was why I didn't tell you" Seulgi finally shouted gesturing her hand towards the equally mad Irene. "I did ask you about bringing a pet Kangaroo and you just answered 'Hell No Seulgi, are you crazy?' You hated the idea. So I thought about hiding the fact that I bought a baby kangaroo from Australia"

"Fine then why did you agree when I asked you if you were having an affair? Don't tell me you were really having an affair with someone else"

"See that's why our marriage broke" Seulgi's voice softened with tears in her eyes.

"Ofcourse because you had an affair" Irene's anger didn't burn out yet.

"No!" Seulgi shouted before lowering her voice. "It was because of you"

"Me? What did I do Seulgi?"

"You have no faith in me. You didn't trust me" This time Irene felt all her anger dissipate. She looked at Seulgi who was mirroring her broken form. "You doubted me for the smallest of things Joohyun"

"Seulgi-" She called softly this time not holding back the tears that were now freely wetting her cheeks.

"That's why we didn't workout" Seulgi seemed to have given up all hopes because she then says "That's why we'll never workout amd that's why we'll never be together again"

"Seulgi! I'm sorry! We can fix this" She tried to grab Seulgi's hand but the latter stepped back.

"We can't Joohyun" Seulgi was sobbing by now.

"Don't say that Seulgi. Please-"

"Bye Irene" And Seulgi was the one to leave Irene this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"It's our marriage" Joy muttered. "Shouldn't it be a happy occasion. Why does it feel so empty and gloomy?"

"It feels gloomy because of her" Yeri pointed her index finger to the person sitting at the table with a drink in her hand. "And empty because Seulgi and Wendy aren't here"

"She's been all grumpy and moody since last night" Tzuyu said. "And I thought things would be fixed when I took her to the hospital yesterday"

The three of them sighed before Yeri spoke.

"Tzuyu go talk to her"

"Me?" She perked up. "Why me? Why not you or Joy unnie?"

"Tzuyu, we are about to get married in a few minutes. We don't want to die before that" Joy said.

"Well i'm not married either. I want to live too" she reasoned.

"But it's your duty" Yeri argued. "As her cousin, her family"

That defeated Tzuyu as she made her way towards Irene's table and sat beside while clearing .

"What is it Tzuyu?" Irene said glaring at the other girl.

Might as well go all out on this one. If I die Sana unnie will know who to kill. Tzuyu thought. ​​​​​​

"Unnie you really think sitting here drinking and watching Joy unnie and Yeri's wedding will make things right?"

Tzuyu stiffened when the glare directed at her only hardened.

"I don't want to talk about it Tzuyu. Leave me alone" Irene was about to leave when Tzuyu spoke again.

"All this time you have been blaming her for the divorce. What about now unnie? Do you know that it's your fault for the most part? If I were you I'll be asking for forgiveness"

"I did ask. She left me Tzuyu what else do you want me to do? Beg her for forgiveness"

"Yes I would" Tzuyu's voice raised higher startling Irene. "I would never give up on the one I love. If begging would make things right than I would be at her feet rightnow"

A moment of silence passed as Tzuyu thought of her next words. "Remember the time you taught me how to ride a bicycle and I gave up after falling down once. Then you said no one can learn how to ride a bicycle without falling down"

"Ofcourse" Irene chuckled at the past memory. "You were so hard headed and stubborn"

"So are you unnie" Tzuyu smiled as she was finally getting to the point."You taught me not to give up. So are you going to give up on her?"

Tzuyu watched as Irene came up with a decision.

"I would never give up on her"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"Why can't I just ring the doorbell and enter the house? I don't understand why I have to risk my life and climb up a pipe?" Irene questioned while she used her hands and her feet to move upwards. "And why the hell am I carrying a guitar behind my back?"

"First of all unnie, do you want to face Seulgi's parents?" Tzuyu asked.

"No" Came Irene's immediate answer.

"I thought so. Secondly this is the most romantic way of apologizing. And the guitar is for making the right mood. Don't worry I'll be the one playing it that's why I'm also climbing" Tzuyu groaned before saying again. "Why are you so slow unnie? Haven't you ever climbed a pipe before? I swear I'm gonna bite your if that'll make you move faster"

"I have never climbed a pipe before" Irene answered before saying with a threatening voice "And don't you dare bite my . I'll slam this guitar on to your head"

After a lot of meaningless threats thrown at each other the pair finally reached up to the balcony on the first floor.

"Okay now what?" Irene asked as Tzuyu took the guitar from her.

"Knock, knock, knock, knock on her door~" Tzuyu sang while strumming the guitar. "Knock, knock, knock, knock on her door~"

"Stop it!" Irene said before taking a breath and knocking on the door as Tzuyu adviced or rather sang.

But the person who opened the door was a confused Wendy muttering "who the hell is knocking on the balcony door?"

"Umm" Wendy glanced from Irene to Tzuyu who was smiling widely while holding the guitar. "May I help you with something"

Before Irene can say something Tzuyu spoke up. "Oh! Irene unnie is here to apologise to Seulgi unnie"

"Really?" Wendy perked up. "Well took her a long time"

"Yeah she's kinda slow at stuff. Even in climbing up a pipe" Tzuyu replied not looking at Irene who was glaring at her "Anyway Wendy unnie why don't you join me and sing? You have such a soothing voice"

"Of course. But wait a minute" Wendy went inside before coming back and going beside Tzuyu "I called her she's coming"

Irene tried to gather up her nerves as she made up a speech in her mind.

"What is-" Seulgi was surprised to see them "what is going on?"

"Seulgi" She softly called out making Seulgi's confused gaze move from Tzuyu and Wendy to her.

"I wanted to apologize to you" She said and heard soft strumming of a guitar. She must agree it did create a certain mood in the atmosphere. She must thank Tzuyu for the effort later.

"I was a-" before she can finish Tzuyu and Wendy sang harmonizing perfectly.

"I was a fooool~" (winner: fool)

All thoughts of thanking Tzuyu left her mind as she glared at her younger cousin.

"Yes I was a fool" She continued looking at Seulgi again. "I should have trusted you. I'm sorry"

"Ije wa mianhae bwassja~" (and I'm sorry)   Tzuyu and Wendy continued aswell.

"I promise I'll change for the better this time" She saw Seulgi's eyes soften at her words which encouraged her to go on "and I'll do anything and everything to get you back. Please give me another chance"

She didn't expect it to happen so fast. She had yet to read a lot of things which she prepared in her mind.

"Ok i'll forgive you" Seulgi said.

"WHAT?" She was shocked. Was it that easy.

"WHAAT?" Both Tzuyu and Wendy had their mouth hanging open. "THAT'S IT?"

"But there's one thing you have to do"

----------------------------------------------------------------

Ofcourse. She should've known it wouldn't be that easy. She fidgeted in her seat not even daring to meet the other people's scrutinizing gazes.

"Why are you here Bae Irene?" The deep and threatening voice of Seulgi's father made her fidget even more.

Yes. Seulgi had asked her to get her parents approval. Tzuyu had gave her few encouraging words before going out of the house with Wendy. And here she was infront of Seulgi's parents with Seulgi sitting on her right and Kai standing on her left.

"I-I" She started internally slapping herself for stuttering. "I c-came here to ask for forgiveness, win back Seulgi and take her home" She looked at Seulgi lovingly before saying. "And Kai as well"

"And you think that it would be so easy" Mr Kang spoke again. "What makes you think that you'll get my approval?"

"I know it isn't easy sir" She was glad she didn't stutter this time and kept eye contact with Seulgi's father "As long as I have Seulgi beside me I can face anything and anyone. Even you"

"And you still think you can get my approval by talking to me that way?"

"I respect you Sir but I choose to be honest instead of sugarcoating my words with lies"

A moment of silence passed as Seulgi's parents discussed in hushed whispers. After that Seulgi's father cleared his throat as if to anounce something.

"You have always been honest and blunt Irene. A quality which I liked at first but ended up disliking when I dressed up for that halloween party as a caveman and you said that I had always looked like one" Seulgi's mother snickered not so secretly which made him stop and look at her before continuing. "That day I learned that you can be brutally honest"

"If you were offended by that don't be" Irene spoke up. "You won't look like one if you shave your beard and have a clean hair cut"

Seulgi's mother bursted with laughter this time with Mr Kang and Seulgi staring at her with their mouth hanging open while Kai stood there behaving like Seulgi had told it to. It's not like a kangaroo can understand the situation anyway.

"That didn't make the situation better as I thought it would. I'm sorry" Irene apologised.

Seulgi's mother who was silent all this time stood up and came over to her.

"Oh Irene! I must admit I have missed this. You unknowingly insulting my husband making me have a good hearty laugh about it" She said to which Mr Kang let out an offended 'hey' and a surprised Seulgi whispered 'mom'.

She then sat beside Irene taking her hand. Irene froze at that.

"It's true that we didn't like you at first. It's only because you two decided to marry at such a young age" Irene started to relax as Seulgi's mother continued. "Sometimes you discover the true worth of something when it's gone. And that's a true saying cause I did miss you when you were gone. It felt like I lost my second daughter"

 

Irene felt overwhelmed with all the emotions she feels rightnow.

"You have my approval" Seulgi's mother said giving  her a tight hug before going back to her seat.

"Honeslty speaking" It was Mr Kang's turn to announce his decision. "Seulgi's mother is right and there's no other person who can put up with my daughter's craziness like you. So you have my approval as well"

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I can carry your bag you u-uh take Kai" Irene said trying to take Seulgi's bag but Seulgi stopped her.

"I can carry my bag" Seulgi smiled at her. "Why don't you take Kai?"

"Me?" Irene's eyes went to the Kangaroo who was at the doorstep. "O-Okay"

Lots of laughters erupted as  they went outside towards Tzuyu's car where the four people were. Tzuyu, Wendy, Joy and Yeri.

"Oh My God. Since when did Irene unnie give birth to a Kangaroo" Joy laughed loud at her own Joke.

"And here we thought her kid will look like a goddess" Yeri joined in.

"Haha. Very funny people" Irene laughed sarcastically. "Did you two runaway from your own wedding?" She asked noticing that  her two satanic best friends were still wearing their wedding attire.

"We cant get married without you being there" Joy said with Yeri nodding at  her. "That's what best friends are for"

"Wow! I feel touched!"

"Whatever! Let's go get married y'all" Joy said taking Yeri's hand.

Irene turned to Seulgi with a smile. "What do you say, wanna get married again?"

"Ofcourse" Seulgi returned the same smile. "As long as it's with you"

"Wait!! Let me call Sana unnie" Tzuyu said stopping everyone.

"But Tzuyu" Irene said to the girl who was now dialing her girlfriend. "You can't make such a big decision on your own without Sana's approval. She'll need time to think"

"And you need to propose you know" Wendy adviced as well. "Weren't you the one teaching Irene how to be romantic?"

"Hello unnie!" Tzuyu didn't seem to listen as she talked to her girlfriend. "I wanna get married right now"

As the girl hung up she noticed everyone's curious eyes on her. "What?" She asked.

"What did she say?" Joy asked curiously.

"She said she's on her way" Tzuyu answered.

"Of course" Irene rolled her eyes. "As expected of Sana"

"So Seulgi unnie" Tzuyu started glancing at Seulgi who hummed in acknowledgement. "I heard that they are going to let people adopt penguins do you want one?"

Irene groaned as Seulgi's eyes sparkled. "Oh! Can we please?"

"Of course. Why don't we buy a zoo aswell and live in it" Irene said.

"Are we really going to ignore the fact that Tzuyu just came up with the idea of getting married right now and Sana agreed?" Joy asked.

"It's not surprising at all" Yeri spoke. "I would be more surprised if Wendy unnie decides to get married"

"Hey, can't you people be civil and talk about something  normal for once"

 

-The End-

 

 

A/N: *phew* finally finished this chapter. Note that this fic is only made for entertainment purposes. Still not happy with how ended it. Anyway please ignore the mistakes in my writing.

And i'm gonna give you peeps an advice. Don't make rash decisions and get married when you are not ready for it. Don't worry I didn't get married like that. Almost did when my friends dared me to tell my boyfriend that I wanna get married and he actually agreed and I was like 'boy let me finish my studies first' Thankgod he was understanding.

Any who this is end of this story. Hope you all like it. Thankyou  for those hilarious comments that made my day. And special thanks to those who subscribed and upvoted really means a lot to me. 

*bows in korean*

Bye~