Part 2

The Affair

Here she was still infront of the one person she didn't want to see. Her ex-wife. Scenes from the past she thought she had forgotten invaded her mind.

"let's get married Joohyun" Seulgi said all of a sudden.

"So soon?" Irene tilted her head to the side looking at the younger one who was smiling brightly as her.

"Yes. Why? You don't want to?" Seulgi questioned this time.

"No" Irene replied immediately. "I definetly want to"

Irene shook her head trying to get the thoughts out of her head while Seulgi stood frozen on the spot.

"Long time no see Joohyun" It was Seulgi who broke the silence after getting out of shock and she just had to greet Irene like the bright and friendly girl she always was. It was almost as if nothing happened between them.

She cursed herself for being so weak cause she replied to Seulgi rather awkwardly.

"Hello Seulgi"

Both of them went silent not knowing what to say as the atmosphere grew more and more awkward.

Irene thanked god for Joy's sudden appearance and breaking the tension and literally pushing her into the bathroom.

"You stink with the smell of that disgusting drink" Joy said. "You'll probably need a change of clothes"

"And whose fault is it?" Irene said glaring at the girl who closed the bathroom door behind her and Irene silently thanked her friend knowing that Joy was saving her from facing Seulgi.

"Don't worry! I'll give you some clothes to wear" Joy said patting the girl's back which meant 'your welcome' and Irene smiled at that.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Seulgi really must not get the hint that Irene wanted stay away because she just had to approach her while she was on the balcony all alone.

"Hei Joohyun"

"Hi Seulgi" Irene greeted.

"I just wanted to ask you something. Can I?" Seulgi said leaning on the wall.

Irene eyed the girl questioningly before answering with a simple 'okay'

"I was just thinking that two years passed and now that we both have moved on let's forget what happened and be friends. What do you say?"

Move on? Did Irene move on? Of course not. Not when she still feels these emotions when Seulgi was near her.

Friends? Hell No. Not after all those things that happened between them. The fights. The shouting. If anything they should be strangers to each other.

But Irene curses herself for being weak cause she answers like she always does to Seulgi.

"Okay"

"Great" Seulgi said reaching her hand towards Irene for a handshake. "Let's be friends again Joohyun"

Joohyun takes the outstretched hand gently shaking it before letting go.

"So I guess i'll see you around Joohyun" Seulgi said turning around to leave.

"Irene" Irene said.

"Huh?" Seulgi faced Irene with a confused expression.

"It's Irene for you" Irene sighed before continuing. "Joohyun is reserved for a special someone"

"Oh! Okay! I understand" though her eyes and the clench of her jaw said otherwise. "Bye Irene"

------------------------------------------------------------

It was actually good thing that they had become friends because Seulgi was present in every event and group meetings they had. And Irene thinks that maybe, just maybe she's finally getting over Seulgi and moving on.

She doesn't feel awkward or doesn't feel the pain in her heart when she talks to Seulgi. And maybe Seulgi feels the same as she casually greets her.

"Hello Irene"

"Hello to you too Seulgi" She replies still leaning on the balcony with her drink in hand.

"Why are you alone?" Seulgi asks as she bumps her shoulder with Irene before leaning on the balcony. She won't lie that she still feels the tingly feelings with Seulgi's simple touches.

"Just getting some fresh air" Irene replied looking at the scenery ahead.

"So have you-" Seulgi paused before continuing. "started afresh with anyone?

Irene understands that Seulgi must feel awkward asking the question so she answers. "No. I had a few flings but that didn't end well"

"I see" Seulgi said not knowing what to say.

So Irene decided to ask this time facing Seulgi. "What about you? How is Kai?"

Kai. The person that had ruined their marriage. The person Seulgi talked to over the phone. The person Seulgi had an affair with.

"He's fine" Seulgi answered. "A little bit sick these days but he's fine"

And Irene decides to ask again. "Does your family approve him?"

Seulgi furrowed her brows saying "Yes they do"

And that hits Irene hard in the chest because Seulgi's family never approved her. Irene was in college and Seulgi had just finished her high school when they had decided to marry. And for that reason they were never fond of her.

---------------------------------------------------------------

She learns later that she really didn't move on cause she hears Seulgi talking to Kai over the phone.

"Kai you should eat properly you're sick"

"Okay good. Love you my baby"

And she feels the same pain she had felt two years ago as she made her way up the stairs with a worried Tzuyu following her. She slept crying on to Tzuyu's shoulder that day.

-------------------------------------------------------------

It was the day before the wedding of Joy and Yeri where they had a little party again. Seulgi and Wendy wasn't present and Irene was a little curious to know where they were.

She heard yelling from the room where Joy, Yeri and Tzuyu had went in and she immediately ran in there just in time to hear Tzuyu shout.

"YOU MEAN TO SAY THAT KAI IS-" Tzuyu stopped seeing Irene standing in the doorway.

"Kai is what?" Irene asked.

Tzuyu walked over to her and held her shoulders. "Unnie I know this is going to be hard for you. But Kai is really really sick and has been hospitalized. Wendy just called and said Seulgi is in a meeting and she doesn't know about it yet. We have to be there for her"

Irene didn't think twice before leaving the house with Tzuyu, Joy and Yeri. Not when a person's life was on the line. Even if it was the person her wife had an affair with.

"Don't lie to me Seulgi!" Irene shouted with tears on her cheeks "I know you're having an affair with him. I have heard you call him. Aren't you ashamed of your self"

What irked her more was that Seulgi shook her head denying her.

"I heard you say I love you to him damnit!" Irene shouted again. "Tell me am I lying Seulgi? Do you love him?"

And Irene wondered why Seulgi seemed so angry cause isn't she the one at fault. "Do you know what Irene? Yes! Yes I love him. So what?"

"Then I can't stay with a person who doesn't love me"

And Irene left the house filing for divorce immediately.

--------------------------------------------

"He was sick and didn't even speak" There was obvious worry laced in Wendy's voice when they had reached the hospital.

"Where's Seulgi?" She asked.

"She's on her way here" Wendy replied.

Irene glanced at the room across her. She felt a strange feeling knowing that the person on the otherside of the door was the one responsible for all her suffering.

The door opened and out came the doctor who had a furious expression on his face for some reason. Irene stopped infront of him wanting to know about kai's condition.

"Doctor! How is Kai?" She decided to ask.

"Kai?" He had a glare directed her "people these days are insane I swear" He muttered under his breath before sighing and looking at her again. "Yes he's fine. And next time I would advice you not to bring him to the hospital"

"Why not?" She asked confused. "Sick people are supposed to be brought to the hospital aren't they?"

"Sick people yes" The doctor looked at her as if she was stupid. "Sick Kangaroo N.O There are doctors for animals. For your information sick animals are supposed to be sent to the Vet"

Baffled! Yes Irene was more than just Baffled. She started moving toward the room where Kai was.

Her heart hammered in her chest as she opened the room to see a sleeping baby Kangaroo lying on the patient's bed. A BABY KANGAROO FOR FREAKING OUT LOUD.

 

 

A/N: I at writing Angst. Well hope you like it and please ignore any mistakes cause I tend to make a lot.

Have a good day. Bye~